What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

It means pretty much all the guys we've been discussing will be off the board. We should start talking more about Diallo, Simons, Vanderbilt, Gafford, Hutchinson, Bonga, etc.

Has Jerome Robinson been discussed at all? now 2/3 of the season, conference play in full swing, sample size starting even things out - Robinson as a 6'6" SG shooting/scoring numbers doesn't have many peers. 20 ppg on 64% TS. i'd take him in the early 2nd.

I've never seen Luka Doncic in the flesh, but even in a small-ball era, I don't see how DeAndre Ayton is not the #1 pick in this draft.

He's basically a flawless big man prospect. Incredible physical gifts, plays his *** off, can step out and shoot the three, seems to stay healthy, etc. Just fantastic.

I've never seen Luka Doncic in the flesh, but even in a small-ball era, I don't see how DeAndre Ayton is not the #1 pick in this draft.

He's basically a flawless big man prospect. Incredible physical gifts, plays his *** off, can step out and shoot the three, seems to stay healthy, etc. Just fantastic.
mediocre in terms of rim protection and defense in general.

Yeah I'm wary of players like Ayton. Haven't seen many flip a switch once they arrive in the NBA. There've been plenty of guys who had all the talent and physical tools to be elite in certain areas, but continued to be disinterested in certain areas of the basketball game.
To me he looks like he's got a similar offensive skillset like DeMarcus Cousins and more length/athleticism, but either isn't using it or disinterested in using it. Will be exciting to see how franchises evaluate him in that department and how they decide in late June.

Maybe I'm missing something Ayton, but I don't see anything in terms of lack of effort, not playing assertive on offense, etc. when I watch U of A. I mean, he's averaging 20 and 10 on less than 13 FGA per game and is just scratching the surface in terms of his physical potential. Plus, the kid had never touched a weight until college and has already transformed his body.

He could be a complete monster as a stretch 5.

i am starting to like the drafting of Vanderbilt more and more.
Yeah I'm wary of players like Ayton. Haven't seen many flip a switch once they arrive in the NBA. There've been plenty of guys who had all the talent and physical tools to be elite in certain areas, but continued to be disinterested in certain areas of the basketball game.
To me he looks like he's got a similar offensive skillset like DeMarcus Cousins and more length/athleticism, but either isn't using it or disinterested in using it. Will be exciting to see how franchises evaluate him in that department and how they decide in late June.

I will be curious to see how Ayton fares in the interview process

Maybe I'm missing something Ayton, but I don't see anything in terms of lack of effort, not playing assertive on offense, etc. when I watch U of A. I mean, he's averaging 20 and 10 on less than 13 FGA per game and is just scratching the surface in terms of his physical potential. Plus, the kid had never touched a weight until college and has already transformed his body.

He could be a complete monster as a stretch 5.
I'm not buying that he never hit the weights...Maybe he was carrying groceries for the whole street every weekend and his street consisted of conspiracy theory ppl who have bunkers to survive a nuclear war that need to be restocked regularly...
58dacdefa6835.image.jpg

I'm also not looking at the averages, I look at the little I've seen with my eyes and so far I haven't been impressed. Going back to the Cousins comparison, who's a skilled stretch 5, but a healthy Joel Embiid is at least 10 millions worth extra per year over Cousins because of his impact on both ends. Yet with the same experience they'd earn the same because of max contracts, even though Cousins would be barely worth the money but his offensive production would justify offering that amount for most teams, while a truly dominant Center is just so much better all over the place. I want to see Ayton play engaged, smart defensively...

If Robert Williams shows he can shoot outside and put the ball down a bit, he comes into the picture. If Bolomboy can eventually shoot 3s, maybe this guy can too? He defends, rebounds, runs the floor, has a prototypical build... it's a good starting point.

Last edited: