What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Trevon Duval is going to torch NBA PG's(check this footage!). I might even have to say he's a better prospect than Kyrie Irving.

[video]https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruit-highlights-basketball/Duke/UA-All-America-Highlights-Trevon-Duval-1136950

He belongs playing for Cal. ;)

These players are clearly getting bigger, better, faster, stronger at an earlier age.

I don't think it has anything to do with genetics though. It's just that the whole Iverson/Carmelo half-assed stage has passed. Sure, we'll have a prospect here or there with that entitled personality but in general, I think players (like the workplace in general) have realized the sport has become much more competitive and they need to work their asses off to be competitive, noticed and successful their selves.

Breaking my silence for one post. CHECK THIS OUT/REMEMBER THE NAME!!! 6'8" German PG prospect, with world-beater potential..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v91fQOmqwYY

Pretty sure he's gonna end up the Dante Exum of the 2018 draft.. I actually think he's a better prospect than Troy Brown, who's an excellent, excellent, prospect(6'6" with PG skills, and fantastic vision/passing), the best prospect in the Vegas area, and easily one of the best on the west coast, regardless of age.. Brown fits the profile of a 5-star recruit in any class/any year, no matter how ya slice it, I'm sure Bonga's better though --- Just look at him shoot...

[MENTION=2408]PG_AB[/MENTION]

Prediction: UK gets early start to the '17 class with;
Petty
Young
Vanderbilt

Nice start to the class?

I think we sign at least 3 more that will be all top 25.

[MENTION=2408]PG_AB[/MENTION]

Prediction: UK gets early start to the '17 class with;
Petty
Young
Vanderbilt

Nice start to the class?

I think we sign at least 3 more that will be all top 25.

That still leaves a ton of possibilities. I assume Vanderbilt will be splitting time at the forward positions, which still leaves a spot for Michael Porter Jr. to package with Young??

Porter at SG, Vanderbilt at SF and Young at PG would be absurd, the ball movement would be outrageous, and Trae Young would get spoon fed open looks from 3. Next to bigs like Nick Richards and P.J. Washington that squad would be really tough..

I was kinda hoping to see that type of lineup but with Brian Bowen at SG, obviously Porter is better though..

Does this mean Kris Wilkes is gonna be SOL?? I'm still very high on his pro prospects

By-far my favorite recent UK recruiting news is they've been in contact with Zion Williamson, one of my favorite prospects in the C/O 2018. That dude is a monster, and an obvious player deserving of a scholarship offer..

Heard he's a legit 6'7" these days too.. He's like if Julius Randle was a wingplayer..

That still leaves a ton of possibilities. I assume Vanderbilt will be splitting time at the forward positions, which still leaves a spot for Michael Porter Jr. to package with Young??

Porter at SG, Vanderbilt at SF and Young at PG would be absurd, the ball movement would be outrageous, and Trae Young would get spoon fed open looks from 3. Next to bigs like Nick Richards and P.J. Washington that squad would be really tough..

I was kinda hoping to see that type of lineup but with Brian Bowen at SG, obviously Porter is better though..

Does this mean Kris Wilkes is gonna be SOL?? I'm still very high on his pro prospects

Obviously nothing set in stone and Cal is recruiting hard and has visited Wilkes recently.

By-far my favorite recent UK recruiting news is they've been in contact with Zion Williamson, one of my favorite prospects in the C/O 2018. That dude is a monster, and an obvious player deserving of a scholarship offer..

Heard he's a legit 6'7" these days too.. He's like if Julius Randle was a wingplayer..

Yep...
and I'm way excited to see Gabriel play next year. He's much bigger and longer than people realize.
Fox
Monk
Gabriel

What a potential lock down defensive perimeter that could be.

Obviously nothing set in stone and Cal is recruiting hard and has visited Wilkes recently.

So I'm guessing they don;t feel all that confident about landing Gary Trent and Wendell Carter??

Wilkes just seems like a great match with Vanderbilt, they'd be a nightmare matchup in college. They both make the game look so easy, I believe that'd only amplify if you put them on the court together (Wilkes being the slasher, and Vanderbilt doing a bit of everything).

Wilkes seems like a Jazz type of player IMO, they'll definitely like his balance/body control.

Bowen seems like he'd be a perfect fit next to some of these players too.. He was very impressive at the Dick's Nationals, looks like an NBA player for sure.

Yep...
and I'm way excited to see Gabriel play next year. He's much bigger and longer than people realize.
Fox
Monk
Gabriel

What a potential lock down defensive perimeter that could be.

Whats your guess as to what happens with the final 2016 scholarship?? I'm still hoping the answer is Jarrett Allen, or Omer Yurtseven.. Or do they have another trick up their sleeves??

I'm expecting Gabriel and Jonathan Isaac to both perform better than expected tbh.

I wonder if Michael Porter Jr's pending decision to go play for his godfather(Lorenzo Romar) at Washington will be affected by Ben Simmons unceremonious season playing at LSU under his godfather, associate Headcoach David Patrick.

Whats your guess as to what happens with the final 2016 scholarship?? I'm still hoping the answer is Jarrett Allen, or Omer Yurtseven.. Or do they have another trick up their sleeves??

I'm expecting Gabriel and Jonathan Isaac to both perform better than expected tbh.

I think we are 50/50 for Bolden.
I see no chance at Allen (TX lock).
Omer is an outside chance.

I wonder if Michael Porter Jr's pending decision to go play for his godfather(Lorenzo Romar) at Washington will be affected by Ben Simmons unceremonious season playing at LSU under his godfather, associate Headcoach David Patrick.
Most believe he plays for Romar.. and UK likes their chances.

I think we are 50/50 for Bolden.
I see no chance at Allen (TX lock).
Omer is an outside chance.

Most believe he plays for Romar.. and UK likes their chances.

Shaka Smart is worth every penny they're paying him if they land Allen. Their other bigman recruit in 2016, James Banks is woefully underrated by the services and i'd say an NBA talent, they'll both show well next to each other. One of my favorite 4-star guards in 2015 Eric Davis had a very strong freshman season for the longhorns, they'll be a force next year and an obvious top-25 team.

I'm not expecting Bolden to go to UK, and i'm all-in hoping they land Yertsuven(and that he's actually eligible), also Im guessing the chances Ayton could reclassify up to 2016 are now 0%

It'd be a much jucier media storyline, if Porter shuns his godfather to play with his best bud Trae Young IMO.

The guard UW has committed in 2017, Daejon Davis has NBA potential though. They have a chance at churning outa good amount of NBA players in these next few drafts.

Shaka Smart is worth every penny they're paying him if they land Allen. Their other bigman recruit in 2016, James Banks is woefully underrated by the services and i'd say an NBA talent, they'll both show well next to each other. One of my favorite 4-star guards in 2015 Eric Davis had a very strong freshman season for the longhorns, they'll be a force next year and an obvious top-25 team.

I'm not expecting Bolden to go to UK, and i'm all-in hoping they land Yertsuven(and that he's actually eligible), also Im guessing the chances Ayton could reclassify up to 2016 are now 0%

It'd be a much jucier media storyline, if Porter shuns his godfather to play with his best bud Trae Young IMO.

The guard UW has committed in 2017, Daejon Davis has NBA potential though. They have a chance at churning outa good amount of NBA players in these next few drafts.

There is smoke that Trae, Porter, and Petty all want to play together and that's what leads UK to believe they've got a great shot at all three.