What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I like Richards more than most, but LOL at him being a better prospect than Bamba.
No way U.K. gets Diallo or Lonnie, imo.

You familiar with Shai Alexander?

I think we end up with;
Richards
Young
Alexander
Bamba
Washington
And two more

My friend doesn't like Bamba, swears he's soft and just wants to take mid-range J's and isn't agile enough to play 4, and that Thon is a much better prospect, been arguing with him about it for like 2 years now.

I know all about Shai Alexander, I legit thought he was the best canadian prospect in this class long before UK was involved, and I really like Lindell Wigginton and Abu Kigab. I think all 3 are top-50 guys and pro prospects.

Alexander is a lot like DeJon Jerreau in the 2016 class but he's got an even better frame, longer arms and better hands. He should be a great development project and player who can improve in college.

Who could the 2 more be tho?!? Gotta be guards right?? Do you think there's any chance they could go after M.J. Walker who I've been posting about for years here??

Signing week. Blue chip prospects choosing up.

Troy Brown to Oregon!! Unlikely, but if they could pull Jarred Vanderbilt and Brandon McCoy that is a filthy squad, they will dumptruck many good quality older teams, easily one of the top-4 classes in the nation.

Daejon Davis (4star) 6'3" combo guard goes back to Washington after decommiting.

Five-star big man Jeremiah Tilmon isn't planning to sign a Letter of Intent during the initial signing period, he told Scout.

Tilmon, a 6-foot-10 center, committed to Illinois on July 11th, but rumors began swirling early Tuesday that Tilmon may not sign.

Sources say Tilmon is still currently a pledge to Illinois, but Tilmon didn't comment when asked about his commitment.

With Tilmon, Illinois has the No. 6 recruiting class in the country. John Groce also holds pledge from Trent Frazier, DaMonte Williams and Javon Pickett.

Tilmon is ranked No. 19 overall and No. 8 at the center position in the 2017 class.

Pretty stoked on Mississippi State's recruiting class.

Pretty crazy we got that Garrison Brooks kid when it seemed like he was a lock to go to North Carolina.

Richards is a total monster/alpha-beast at the HS level, he actually reminds me a bit of a young Derrick Favors. Pure C tho. Legit 6'11 in-shoes with a 7'3" ws, he's a phenomenal athlete and clearly just scratching the surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVE6WNuhvs4

Can anyone convince me that Nick Weatherspoon won't be a Freshman bust like Malik Newman was? I like what I see from the film I've watched, seems much more explosive and powerful than Newman.

Can anyone convince me that Nick Weatherspoon won't be a Freshman bust like Malik Newman was? I like what I see from the film I've watched, seems much more explosive and powerful than Newman.

I like Nick Weatherspoon, he's got more of an NBA build than most of the top ranked PG's in this class, many of whom are smaller than Trey Burke, to the point where I question if they really project as NBA starters...

Richards is a total monster/alpha-beast at the HS level, he actually reminds me a bit of a young Derrick Favors. Pure C tho. Legit 6'11 in-shoes with a 7'3" ws, he's a phenomenal athlete and clearly just scratching the surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVE6WNuhvs4

I don't see a young Favors. Maybe the kid is more explosive than I'm giving him credit for but a young Faves was like a young Stoudemire to many of us here, myself included. I don't see that at all. He looks like he has average (maybe slightly above) NBA big man athleticism but what he does have that impressed is a very solid low post game and touch around the rim. Sort of reminded me of a longer, more athletic Okafur in that regard. Not comping necessarily. Just saying he has a nice game down low.

I like Nick Weatherspoon, he's got more of an NBA build than most of the top ranked PG's in this class, many of whom are smaller than Trey Burke, to the point where I question if they really project as NBA starters...

Which pg prospects are you doubting can translate as NBA starters?

Which pg prospects are you doubting can translate as NBA starters?

Quade Green is listed by some as 6'1" Not sure if I buy that he's even a legit 6', he's also got a pedestrian 6'2 wingspan. Trae Young is also probably marginally smaller than Steph Curry too.. IDK how they're possibly gonna defend some of these starting NBA PG's..

I can't help but ask how much have these players benefited from being surrounded by truly elite talent on their AAU squads too.. Obviously there's tons of time to change my mind but I suspect neither will be as good as Tyus Jones..

I really like 6'2" Collin Sexton, he's probably my favorite PG in the class, thing is he might be best suited for a 6th man, Louis Williams type of role.. He's got flamethrower written all over him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1J2V3MUIK0

I don't see a young Favors. Maybe the kid is more explosive than I'm giving him credit for but a young Faves was like a young Stoudemire to many of us here, myself included. I don't see that at all. He looks like he has average (maybe slightly above) NBA big man athleticism but what he does have that impressed is a very solid low post game and touch around the rim. Sort of reminded me of a longer, more athletic Okafur in that regard. Not comping necessarily. Just saying he has a nice game down low.

Well Favors was one of the youngest players in the class and Richards is basically the same age as Dragan Bender.. so there's certainly a big disconnect in that aspect. He's very athletic tho I guarantee it, he'll be very athletic at 250+lbs. His combination of size and athleticism makes him a lock for the NBA. He'll really benefit from some good coaching/training, a motivated Nick Richards is a scary sight.

FWIW - I liked Favors post moves better at the same stage.. Richards is more of an enforcer around the paint.

You will probably prefer Mitchell Robinson as an athlete tho, he's extremely light on his feet... Some have said he's the best bigman at getting blocks on the perimeter since Anthony Davis.. Robinson is a player I was mentioning here before his stock really exploded into the top-10, back when he was involved with Texas A&M..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzpvwexmlw

@EvanDaniels
Gary Trent tells Scout he has committed to Duke: "The reason I chose Duke University is the track record"

I loved the elder when he was in college.

I was 5 when he was in college, didn't see him play. It's not out of the question that they could both get drafted 11th, 23 years apart. That might be a bit lofty for Jr. but he's certainly headed to the league, and the 1st rd/top-25.

His skill level is beyond many top-ranked SG's of years past.

@EvanDaniels
Five-star forward PJ Washington just verbally committed to Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLIhDZ-jJjE