What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I hadn't even heard of Bonga. But he is the kind of prospect I hope we are going after.

He might be a stash candidate, but could go late first or early second round. He should be 6'9" around 205 - 210 lbs, with a 7-ft wingspan and 9-foot standing reach at 19 years-old. He's not a great vertical athlete, but runs the floor well and has a bit of hesitation and wiggle. He's played point guard mostly growing up on the German national teams.

If things go well and he's used properly, he could be a Boris Diaw player on the wing or at the 4, most likely coming off the bench. He's not nearly as polished as other players in the draft, and would be seen as a developmental project.

He might be a stash candidate, but could go late first or early second round. He should be 6'9" around 205 - 210 lbs, with a 7-ft wingspan and 9-foot standing reach at 19 years-old. He's not a great vertical athlete, but runs the floor well and has a bit of hesitation and wiggle. He's played point guard mostly growing up on the German national teams.

If things go well and he's used properly, he could be a Boris Diaw player on the wing or at the 4, most likely coming off the bench. He's not nearly as polished as other players in the draft, and would be seen as a developmental project.

I am surprised as high as your are on Bonga you are not touting Vanderbilt. Very similar players

Are you guys ready for a hot-take? Elie Okobo is a better prospect than Trae Young. There. I said it.

I might agree with that to be honest. I see Trae as high risk high reward. If he can translate his game to an NBA level he can be a very good offensive player. But I have serious concerns ahout his game translating. I'm not sure he can score against NBA athletes and length consistently. I'm not sure he can ever become adequate enough on defense to not be a liability on that end. I'm not sure he can tighten his handles and passing enough to avoid a crazy amount of turnovers. I know some people compare him to Steph Curry but I just don't see it. I was sure Steph would be a stud. I'm not sure about Trae. He could be a spark plug offensive player like Lou Williams or he could be barely hanging on to an NBA job like Trey Burke. Possibly even out of the league like Jimmer. I like Okobo quite a bit.

The highlights i've seen of KBD, I wasn''t that impressed with his speed. What position does he play in the NBA? I would be ok with him but he isn't at the top of my list. If one of his con's is not playing hard then NO THANKS. Rarely, does a player learn to play hard, alpha dog type players play hard naturally because they are super competitive.

The highlights i've seen of KBD, I wasn''t that impressed with his speed. What position does he play in the NBA? I would be ok with him but he isn't at the top of my list. If one of his con's is not playing hard then NO THANKS. Rarely, does a player learn to play hard, alpha dog type players play hard naturally because they are super competitive.
he plays hard.

I noticed the same thing. He doesn't seem to move very quickly on defense or offense. But Kyle Anderson has proven that moving slow isn't always a problem.

And yet somehow he did for the majority of last season while Aaron Gordon was hurt. In fact he played very well.

Offensively, sure.

On defense? No.

Ingles would be more effective as a 4 on defense than Mario, but that’s a bad idea too.

If it’s just spot minutes, maybe he could, but I don’t love it.

Rough game for Okobo's team so far. They are missing a lot of open looks. The opposing team is doubling Okobo hard anytime a screen is involved. Okobo for the most part has made the right play out of them. Only has two shots so far, going 1/2 for 2 points and a handful of assist.

Okobo had 11 points in the 3rd quarter, all in a 2 minute or so stretch. His team is just way outmatched. Feels like his team's offense is mostly him running PNR and Monaco is completely blowing that up with hard hedging double teams. When they have gotten open looks they have missed.