What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Also I like Faried a little. Think offensive rebounding may be a market inefficiency ... his personality worries me a bit... years ago I got the impression he’s not the best teammate in the world.
So then just trade him for Noah and see how many future assets you can fleece out of that ****** franchise and just waive Noah.

So then just trade him for Noah and see how many future assets you can fleece out of that ****** franchise and just waive Noah.

2019 cap space gets effed up doe. I’d keep him... he’s in a contract year and might be more mature... might appreciate a team actually playing him,

If the deal was right I would trade with Denver again. I'm not sure they would though. Every time they trade us a pick we draft a stud with it. Rudy and DM never ever would have been Nuggets anyway. Had the Nuggets kept those picks they would have drafted totally different players. But the majority of NBA fans don't realize that. Most Nuggets fans think they would have had Rudy and DM. If the GM in Denver trades us another pick he may be forced out of town by an angry mob of Nuggets fans carrying torches and pitchforks lol.

On draft night only Dallas, Chicago and Utah can offer the kind nd of flexibility to duo 10-15M in salaries. Dallas won’t do it because they have FA plans... so if teams want to dump on draft night it will likely be worth a first. Chicago would need to send back some salary but have some cheap contracts on decent players which may have value.

It is important to clear salary pre FA for Denver so they know if they can offer Barton a deal.

Reactions: SCS
If the deal was right I would trade with Denver again. I'm not sure they would though. Every time they trade us a pick we draft a stud with it. Rudy and DM never ever would have been Nuggets anyway. Had the Nuggets kept those picks they would have drafted totally different players. But the majority of NBA fans don't realize that. Most Nuggets fans think they would have had Rudy and DM. If the GM in Denver trades us another pick he may be forced out of town by an angry mob of Nuggets fans carrying torches and pitchforks lol.

They don’t have many draft night options though.

Potential trade up partners for draft picks in realistic range using primarily our non-guaranteed contracts of Thabo ($5.25), Jerekbo ($4) and Udoh ($3.2). Note, most of these targets expire in 2019. I put Dellavadova on there because I think his personality would fit and stretching him in 2019 wouldn't cost us that much if we had to do it.

Philadelphia
Picks We Could Target #26, #38, #39
What they want to shed: Bayless' expiring $9 million expiring
Key point: by shedding Bayless for a non-guaranteed, Philly can go all in on LeBron and another max player.

Brooklyn
Picks We Could Target #29
What they want to shed: DeMarre Carroll's expiring $15.4.
Key point: shedding Carroll for non-guaranteeds allows Brooklyn to keep Harris and pursue other long term opportunities.

Washington
Picks We Could Target #15 and #44
What they want to shed: Gortat's $13.5 expiring.
Key point: Washington could avoid some luxury tax $ this year and probably avoid it next year with a deal like this.

Phoenix
Picks We Could Target #16 and #31
What they want to shed: Tyson Chandler's $13.5 expiring or Jared Dudley's $9.5 expiring.
Key point: Shedding Chandler or Dudley gives Phoenix the freedom to max a guy like Capella.

Milwaukee
Picks We Could Target #17
What they want to shed: Dellavadova's $9.6 for this year and $9.6 for 2019/20.
Key point: The Bucks need players more than projects. If they can flip #17 for a current player, they'll do it. If they can only dump Dellie, they might consider it.

Denver
Picks We Could Target #14
What they want to shed: Wilson Chandler's $12.8 expiring or Faried's $13.7 expiring.
Key point: They want to keep Barton and other guys on the roster. Shedding either Faried or Chandler gives them a ton of financial flexibility.

There might be a couple more, but this is probably the most realistic initial selection.

On draft night only Dallas, Chicago and Utah can offer the kind nd of flexibility to duo 10-15M in salaries. Dallas won’t do it because they have FA plans... so if teams want to dump on draft night it will likely be worth a first. Chicago would need to send back some salary but have some cheap contracts on decent players which may have value.

It is important to clear salary pre FA for Denver so they know if they can offer Barton a deal.

The Kings have space too. No? Thought the have like $30MM in space and 40 if Temple doesnt opt in, which seems likely

The Kings, Bulls and Hawks could take some salary dump deals for sure. I could also see those teams hoping to sign an Aaron Gordon or Clint Capella to a max deal hoping to force Orlando or Houston's hand.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Kurucs is a major wildcard, the thing with KBD and Kurucs and some of these SF's in range is the next frew drafts will have better quality at SF, its severe enough where one could argue some of these players were smart to declare this year.

They are bad drafters... not sure if they were picking based on their preference or what they think the team prefers.

One thing of note... woj mentioned Denver May package 14 with faried to save $$$$$... we are one of the only teams that can do that on draft night... woj is very clued in on the jazz... Denver may have to do business with us again. Maybe woj was planting a seed for us but I wouldn’t rule out another Utah Denver draft night trade.

Depending on who is available I’d consider giving our pick next year and the unguaranteeds for faried and 14... they save and defer a roster spot.

Utah would be insane to waste their cap space for Faried's contract and 14th. They could take that deal without giving up much but I wouldnt.

Jontay Porter will be the better Porter brother.

I like him a lot, but he doesn’t really fit our needs. He’s a 5, like Myles Turner type.

I like Frazier, don't know if I like him at 21. I would like him more around 28-35.
Possibly. If there is nobody better at 21, take him because our next pick is pretty far away from 35. I trust DL though.

After the fact, picking a guy at 21 that blows up looks great, even if he could have been taken at 35. Wherever they are projected, take the best player you can, when you can.

Utah would be insane to waste their cap space for Faried's contract and 14th. They could take that deal without giving up much but I wouldnt.
What would you use cap space on? We don't really have any this summer unless we renounce everyone and Faried expires next year.

The Kings have space too. No? Thought the have like $30MM in space and 40 if Temple doesnt opt in, which seems likely

On draft night they only have 6-7M in space. When the new cap year opens up they will have more but don’t think it’s quite that much once guys opt in.