What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

We are getting into scary territory:

#LockeWatch : he had a full episode on Grayson Allen and Donte DiVincenzo.. haven't listened to it yet. Will include synopsis later.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/jazz/m...kdowns-of-grayson-allen-and-donte-divincenzo/

Highlights:
- Not sold on Mikal Bridges
- Lonnie Walker - he likes him, he can ball
- Dzenan Musa - very active offensive player, long and can handle, can play in Quin's system. young... need to do intel...
- Mitchell Robinson - not the kind of center we would get
- Melvin Frazier - he likes him... (this is a continuous theme with Locke)

Grayson Allen :

- portions of 4 games - "I just about went all in on him watching the game vs Georgia Tech.".... Locke REALLY REALLY likes him.
- Likes him better off-ball but he likes that he can play on ball too.
- This is the player he doesn't want the Warriors or Boston to get.
- Elite NBA athlete.
- Not good isolation player - not great wiggle.
- can attack closeouts, moves well without the ball, quick release on his shot
- can handle
- pull up jumpshot needs to be better
- his game lines up better with the NBA game than college game.
- 22 years old...
- have to do homework on his tripping and stuff...
- defensively - "heard the complaints, I didn't see it"

Donte DiVincenzo:
- age again...
- what concerns him - he was the 37th high school guard in the country and the 124th prospect. He thinks we know the players now in high school. Seems like he's not a fan of late bloomers(weird with the Mitchell's rise and all)
- elite athlete, fearless...
- similar to Allen - can play on and off the ball... Allen better on ball...
- disconcerting FT% 70%
- DiVincenzo's stats are much better on ball than Allen(this doesn't fit with his evaluation of Allen being better on ball).
- Synergy numbers in half-court - far better than Allen... again - this goes directly against what he just said to begin his evaluation
- both are average shooters, not great shooters
- DiVincenzo - better on pull ups off the dribble - again... goes directly against what he said (that Allen is better on ball).
- not great in iso - 5/18

We are in deep trouble... he loves Allen. This is the new Aaron Gordon/Trey Lyles/Tony Bradley...

Last edited:
We are getting into scary territory:

#LockeWatch : he had a full episode on Grayson Allen and Donte DiVincenzo.. haven't listened to it yet. Will include synopsis later.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/jazz/m...kdowns-of-grayson-allen-and-donte-divincenzo/

Highlights:
- Not sold on Mikal Bridges
- Lonnie Walker - he likes him, he can ball
- Dzenan Musa - very active offensive player, long and can handle, can play in Quin's system. young... need to do intel...
- Mitchell Robinson - not the kind of center we would get
- Melvin Frazier - he likes him... (this is a continuous theme with Locke)

Grayson Allen :

- portions of 4 games - "I just about went all in on him watching the game vs Georgia Tech.".... Locke REALLY REALLY likes him.
- Likes him better off-ball but he likes that he can play on ball too.
- This is the player he doesn't want the Warriors or Boston to get.
- Elite NBA athlete.
- Not good isolation player - not great wiggle.
- can attack closeouts, moves well without the ball, quick release on his shot
- can handle
- pull up jumpshot needs to be better
- his game lines up better with the NBA game than college game.
- 22 years old...
- have to do homework on his tripping and stuff...
- defensively - "heard the complaints, I didn't see it"

Donte DiVincenzo:
- age again...
- what concerns him - he was the 37th high school guard in the country and the 124th prospect. He thinks we know the players now in high school. Seems like he's not a fan of late bloomers(weird with the Mitchell's rise and all)
- elite athlete, fearless...
- similar to Allen - can play on and off the ball... Allen better on ball...
- disconcerting FT% 70%
- DiVincenzo's stats are much better on ball than Allen(this doesn't fit with his evaluation of Allen being better on ball).
- Synergy numbers in half-court - far better than Allen... again - this goes directly against what he just said to begin his evaluation
- both are average shooters, not great shooters
- DiVincenzo - better on pull ups off the dribble - again... goes directly against what he said (that Allen is better on ball).
- not great in iso - 5/18

We are in deep trouble... he loves Allen. This is the new Aaron Gordon/Trey Lyles/Tony Bradley...
Locke isn’t the GM I think it’s ok man.

Locke isn’t the GM I think it’s ok man.
He's not but he has access... he hears what scouts and FO people talk about at those workouts. He's been leaking our picks(or at least who we are interested in) for the last 6-7 years almost without a fail. Hell he managed to leak the Tony Bradley pick from his vacation in freaking Japan last year.

Last edited:
He's not but he has access... he hears what scouts and FO people talk about at those workouts. He's been leaking our picks(or at least who we are interested in) for the last 6-7 years almost without a fail. Hell he managed to leak the Tony Bradley pick from his vacation in freaking Japan last year.

The last few years are an elaborate plan deployed by jazz management... let Locke leak the picks... then in an important year we leak to him we like this kid we actually hate... even mention that we’d hate for Boston or GS to get him... then we take Okobo and he gets picked later... it’s an eloborate plan without much purpose but that is what it has to be.

Jazz among teams that use analytics the most in the draft:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23762871/rockets-spurs-celtics-most-analytical-draft-teams-nba
6. Utah Jazz: Since joining the Jazz in 2012 following his tenure with the (wait for it) San Antonio Spurs, general manager Dennis Lindsey has built a highly competitive team through the draft, including finding values such as Rudy Gobert (27th pick) and Donovan Mitchell (13th pick), as well as undrafted players such as Joe Ingles and Royce O'Neale.

Here's what ESPN's analytics models say about the prospects:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections

SjKrVHY.jpg

They also say Okobo is overrated :|

I don’t love Allen, but y’all are going overboard on hating him.

He’s athletic, a good shooter, smart player for the most part. He’s a role player for sure, and can play on ball a little.

When he was 20 he averaged 22/5/4 on 47/42/84 shooting splits.

Then Duke recruiter better players, and they honestly just had too many guys. But we’ve seen Allen lead, and be a role player, and be good in both facets. He’s certainly got weaknesses (size, defense), but he’s not a terrible pick at 21.

He’s athletic, a good shooter, smart player for the most part. He’s a role player for sure, and can play on ball a little.

Then Duke recruiter better players, and they honestly just had too many guys. But we’ve seen Allen lead, and be a role player, and be good in both facets. He’s certainly got weaknesses (size, defense), but he’s not a terrible pick at 21.
He's old af

Is anyone worried about Huerter getting his shot off consistently? That release is so far in front of his body.
USrUZo8.jpg

USrUZo8

The defender gets a decent contest and it was off a Huerter stepback.

His shot is pretty quick, but it looks flick-y to me sometimes. I know his percentages speak for themselves and his ability to shoot off screens is valuable, but I guess I'm not as high on him as others. But, I do realize that we'd probably be drafting him at 21, so every player there is going to have flaws.
I will say, i watched a lot of maryland games where he had trouble getting his shot. I would record the game to watch him and there were times they just took him out of the game by keeping a guy on him and id stop watching because he wasn't doing anything.

He ugly tho.

Maryland forward Kevin Huerter, a projected first-round pick in the June NBA Draft, underwent surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right hand, sources tell ESPN. He will be sidelined for two months.

To talk to his family....

I don't think Bartlestein would schedule a workout then tell him to pull out just to **** with the Jazz. He's also dealing with a finger injury, so that might have had something to do with it.

Bartlestein isnt out to get the Utah Jazz, don't be paranoid.

Cydrian Wojnarowski

If the Jazz did promise him, I wonder if that affects the promise?
2 month recovery on a surgery to the hand isnt going to hurt his stock at all. It might prevent it from rising since he wont be working out for anymore teams with picks in the teens, but I dont think it falls.