What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Well lets hope it's those first two.

Those two are the least likely to be available, imo. It's a 50-50 proposition at best right now. We need some team to reach for Donte Divincenzo or fall in love with Mitchell Robinson's potential.

We haven't talked much on this site about Chandler Hutchison. I'm wondering how the Jazz feel about him.

Those two are the least likely to be available, imo. It's a 50-50 proposition at best right now. We need some team to reach for Donte Divincenzo or fall in love with Mitchell Robinson's potential.

We haven't talked much on this site about Chandler Hutchison. I'm wondering how the Jazz feel about him.
I'd way prefer him over Allen and DD.

I think he's been talked about less because the Bulls gave him the promise and they pick right after us. But we have every right to pick him before them, and he might be a really solid player.

Please find a situation where an injury leads to surgery which helped boost a prospect's stock.

Yesterday, you're telling us how a 21 year old not being able to lift 185 pounds means he's not a hard worker and today you're telling us a prospect getting surgery and missing workouts is going to improve his stock. In either case, where is there evidence this is true?
I mean, you could look at it that way with Frazier too. But he is nearly 22 and hasnt touched weights.

And again, I dont know how you want me to quantify these things to prove them. I think it's pretty clear that Huerter playing well through a finger injury is a bonus to his stock. It shows he is tough and that he can play well when not 100%.

I'd way prefer him over Allen and DD.

I think he's been talked about less because the Bulls gave him the promise and they pick right after us. But we have every right to pick him before them, and he might be a really solid player.
I think Hutchinson is legitimately my least favorite prospect of the guys regulatory projected to go in the first round. He fits the mold of the 4 year player who dominates bad competition because he is bigger/stronger more than anyone else. I would be terrified to draft him without being able to get a look at him up close in a workout.

If the situation deemed fit I wouldn't mind seeing DL switch firsts with Philly with Philly including a few 2nd round picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed put at 21 and made our pick and then traded up for another pick in the 25-40 range for another player we liked. The same way that DL did when he drafted Gobert and Bradley.

I think Hutchinson is legitimately my least favorite prospect of the guys regulatory projected to go in the first round. He fits the mold of the 4 year player who dominates bad competition because he is bigger/stronger more than anyone else. I would be terrified to draft him without being able to get a look at him up close in a workout.
I'm sure the Jazz feel the same way. But if we're stuck picking between DD and Allen then it's all a crapshoot at that point anyway.

Here's what ESPN's analytics models say about the prospects:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections

SjKrVHY.jpg

They also say Okobo is overrated :|
Look at how high Jevon carter is. Jazz need to buy another early second and draft him.

They also need to draft jarred Vanderbilt in the second round of he is available. He seems like a good project.

Jacob Evans seems like the perfect fit at 21 based on those analytics

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed put at 21 and made our pick and then traded up for another pick in the 25-40 range for another player we liked. The same way that DL did when he drafted Gobert and Bradley.
I dont think we have the capital to do that. Picks in this draft are too valuable. There are decent rotation players all the way through maybe mid-2nd. The Gobert draft was viewed as very weak.

I do like the idea of swapping picks with Philly. Jazz get 26 and 38 and Philly gets 21. Give them the 52 if they want.

I dont think we have the capital to do that. Picks in this draft are too valuable. There are decent rotation players all the way through maybe mid-2nd. The Gobert draft was viewed as very weak.

I do like the idea of swapping picks with Philly. Jazz get 26 and 38 and Philly gets 21. Give them the 52 if they want.

Maybe we don't. It's hard to tell what the price would be on a pick in the 25-40 range. It might be a future 1st, maybe it's multiple 2nds, maybe it's 52 and cash, maybe it depends on the team we're talking too. I just think that it's a possibility.

I don't mind the idea of trading down with Philly either. If the Jazz think that the guy they want will be there at 26 I think you gotta do that to add 38. Talent will still be there at 38.

Why not just buy #38 straight up because Philly doesn't need that many young people.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Okogie is going to have a 2-way impact in the league. He should be able to play either wing position. His rebounding, FT rate and steals are really strong. The only question is whether he'll shoot well enough and if he can be trusted to make the right decision with the ball in his hands.

Sure they do. They will probably just draft international
Still. . . as much as I love this draft class, I’d much rather stay at 21 and pick their top rated prospect - regardless of who it is and then try to finagle a move up in the 2nd round for another guy they like.

Moving back rarely seems to work out well. Just take your guy and be happy.

Sure they do. They will probably just draft international

Are they going to draft international 4/5/6 times tho? They have 11 players under contract for next year. They have 4 players stashed overseas and a few probably want to come over. AND they have 6 picks in this draft, 4 in the second round.