What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

People who complain about ads on free podcast are the worst kinds of people.

I'm not complaining, if it were a regular guy I would say yeah I understand he has to make a living. But when it's Woj who's like a high profile guy working for ESPN, he's the top of NBA reporting, it just feels weird like doesn't he already make enough? I'm guessing he's making at least $150-200k per year.

I'm not complaining, if it were a regular guy I would say yeah I understand he has to make a living. But when it's Woj who's like a high profile guy working for ESPN, he's the top of NBA reporting, it just feels weird like doesn't he already make enough? I'm guessing he's making at least $150-200k per year.
I mean, I'm sure he has to pay a producer, a sound engineer, and rent a space to record the podcast.

No it's not lmao. He gets paid regardless. Ad companies just look at demographics and plays. They have no idea if people are skipping over ads.

I'm just saying.. principally, it's like you have a hot GF who's an actress for a play, but you never go to support her and see her shows, it's like you want her for her body but not wanting to support her career.

I mean, I'm sure he has to pay a producer, a sound engineer, and rent a space to record the podcast.

It's still just weird to me. Like you watch Larry King LIVE, there's ads and stuff, but you don't see him suddenly drop everything and start advertising a toaster oven before getting on with the show.

Jesus, I’d hope he’s making AT LEAST $200k

Lol he had a 4 year $6 million deal with Yahoo. He left in the 2nd year to go to ESPN, so I bet he's making even more than that now.

Okay, so if Troy Brown and Jerome Robinson go ahead of 21, that increases the likelihood that Okobo, KBD and Huerter will be there.

One guy who could drop to our range though is Zhaire Smith. He's a stellar athlete, but he's the size of a 2-guard and yet he doesn't really have developed guard skills. So he's more of a developmental pick.

Okay, so if Troy Brown and Jerome Robinson go ahead of 21, that increases the likelihood that Okobo, KBD and Huerter will be there.

One guy who could drop to our range though is Zhaire Smith. He's a stellar athlete, but he's the size of a 2-guard and yet he doesn't really have developed guard skills. So he's more of a developmental pick.
I don't really see Zhaire as a fit on Utah at all.

I don't think Smith will be available but if he was he would be an absolute steal at 21 imo.

Wow, so he's making at least $1m per year, that just makes his ads on these podcasts even weirder.. LOL..

Bro you think he pockets that ****... that goes into ESPN coffers... he may get some but he doesn’t get to choose... just hit the skip 15 seconds button 4 times when the add starts... problem solved.