What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Suns are apparently set to take Aaron Holiday at 16. That's good news for us because it pushes someone else down.

You talk like you know something about the inner-workings of the Jazz FO and I'm pretty sure you don't.

Just common sense. What player and salary do you want from the Heat in order to give up #21? I don't think they'll give us Justise Winslow or Bam Adebayo.

Anfernee Simons, that's my choice.

He's about like DM45, long wingspan and even better vertical. He could have played college ball and gotten Lonzo Ball or Fultz hype and have been a top pick if things went differently.

My 2018 analysis is complete.

He's actually the right guy to take if we have the balls to do it. He's a couple years away. The Lakers and Blazers are apparently very interested. He had a second workout with the Blazers this week.

This is interesting. I would love to get up to 17 and have a chance at drafting Huerter. I also wouldn't mind having Dellavedova, he'd be a huge upgrade over Neto. I don't want to be paying him 19 million over the next 2 seasons though.

I don't get the feeling that the Jazz like Troy Brown much at all. Locke is very down on him, especially his shooting. And no, I don't think it's a smokescreen. Unless Locke has really changed it up this year, you can look back at his history and see that he usually telegraphs our picks, he doesn't do smokescreens.

This is interesting. I would love to get up to 17 and have a chance at drafting Huerter. I also wouldn't mind having Dellavedova, he'd be a huge upgrade over Neto. I don't want to be paying him 19 million over the next 2 seasons though.

No way IMO. Really limits the options for free agents this season and next.

If the Jazz want to secure Brown, Okobo or Huerter they should do this deal. Walker or another big name could be there too. Delly's deal is heavy though. Kinda sucks.

Faried's deal isn't heavier than this though. The Jazz could supposedly get to #14 for that contract.

Would you do :

MKE gets Burks + 21
UTA gets Delly + 17
?

You talk like you know something about the inner-workings of the Jazz FO and I'm pretty sure you don't.

It would be a 21 for Winslow... not us trading up or moving around... so random that he threw the Bucks in there... Just didn't get it.

Dellie would be an incredible pick up for us in my opinion. Opponents, especially guys like Harden, Curry, Klay, and Chris Paul, do not like facing guys like him. He would be a fan favorite.

BUT - I wouldn't take him for moving up just 4 spaces. However, if we piece together the other choices...

Trade 1 - Atlanta trades #30, #33 and #34 to Utah for #21
Trade 2 - Utah trades #30 to the Bucks for Dellie and #17.

We end up with #17, #33, #34 and Dellie

The amount of teams passing on Doncic makes me supremely happy. I love stupid teams.

My two favorite players in this draft are Doncic and Jaren Jackson. Studs.

It is truly puzzling. I kind of get Ayton at #1... but after that how do you pass on Doncic?

He's actually the right guy to take if we have the balls to do it. He's a couple years away. The Lakers and Blazers are apparently very interested. He had a second workout with the Blazers this week.
Butt ugly shooting stroke. Looks lazy. I wouldn't bet on him. What i like is his effortless explosive athleticism. And length. Wouldn't be mad because of that upside, but my expectations would be tempered.