What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I did too, actually. I wanted Booker, thought he was the obvious pick. I don't think there was really anybody who was like YES when we picked Lyles. Just a bunch of people who either though "weird, i'll reserve judgement" or ppl who were like WHAT THE **** lol

I was so mad... was in tahoe and my TV at my "resort" was not working and Wifi was spotty... I was sure I was missing something.

I did too, actually. I wanted Booker, thought he was the obvious pick. I don't think there was really anybody who was like YES when we picked Lyles. Just a bunch of people who either though "weird, i'll reserve judgement" or ppl who were like WHAT THE **** lol. I tried doing the former. I tend to be really patient with prospects and their development but during year 2 it became obvious that Lyles was/is washed
Yeah, that pick sucked, but it got us Mitchell so it's alllllll good.

I really wanted Turner. Anyway.

I wonder what Dallas will have to give up. If they give up #33, Atlanta has #30, #33, and #34. We should trade #21 for those 3 picks and take 3 of the following 7:

Josh Okogie
Melvin Frazier
Keita Bates-Diop
Grayson Allen
Anfernee Simons
Omari Spellman
Dzanan Musa

2019 1st round pick is my guess. I would not trade back two spots that high for a good second rounder if Doncic is available. I would think Orlando or Chicago could beat that offer (and they should).

There are prospects I want, prospects I'm meh on, and prospects I don't want. But whoever we pick I'll support the decision. Whether I like that prospect or not. I trust DL.

You also summarized my concerns on his shooting... if he is such a good shooter why aren't his open ones going down.

Honestly... I think I prefer Jevon Carter... clear role and is an obviously elite defender. He might be Fred Van Vleet, but I think he has a high percentage of becoming that. Trade back and take him. Or move back and get both of those guys. I think Robinson, Holiday, and some others rising will bring some great opportunities at 21... Allen would be a completely unsexy, meh, wtf pick imo.
At 21, no way in hell I go Carter. But if you can get him in the 30s/40s (damn the Lakers)? Yeah, I can see it.

If your point is you'd rather go Carter than Allen... ****, I can see that.

At 21, no way in hell I go Carter. But if you can get him in the 30s/40s (damn the Lakers)? Yeah, I can see it.

Right... I would understand Carter at 21 more than Grayson though... which is where I was going. If you want the safe, this guy is an nba player for the next 10 years, guy... he'd be a better bet... more sure role and skillset.

Mitchell has my *** so spoiled. I just really want to draft a killer who'll contribute right away, or a trade for a PF that'll **** on the Rockets when we play them next. I dunno if my heart can hold out on a 4 year project that we slowly wait to see how good they become. Hopefully our pick is at worst a Royce O'Neale level player.

2019 1st round pick is my guess. I would not trade back two spots that high for a good second rounder if Doncic is available. I would think Orlando or Chicago could beat that offer (and they should).

If Atlanta wants Trae Young and don't want Doncic, I think they take any asset they can get while they still get the guy they want. The only negative in that scenario is if somebody trades up to #4 to get Trae Young, but I seriously doubt that happens.

If Atlanta turns #3 into #5, #33 and other draft considerations, they could turn #19, #30, #33 and #34 into more picks this year or the future.

One thing to watch... rumors of Heat wanting a pick to get Hutchison... If he goes 22 then they need to jump up. They don't have a lot I'd like, but wondering if Winslow would be on the table. Locke has mentioned him a few times. I like Kelly Olynyk but would hate that value given his contract.

If Atlanta wants Trae Young and don't want Doncic, I think they take any asset they can get while they still get the guy they want. The only negative in that scenario is if somebody trades up to #4 to get Trae Young, but I seriously doubt that happens.

If Atlanta turns #3 into #5, #33 and other draft considerations, they could turn #19, #30, #33 and #34 into more picks this year or the future.

I take Doncic and wait... I don't see how someone would want Trae over Luka... worst case I have the better player.

I take Doncic and wait... I don't see how someone would want Trae over Luka... worst case I have the better player.

I think Atlanta might want Trae for 2 reasons -

#1 - They might think Trae has a higher ceiling. If Trae hits on all his "potential", he could be a superstar on the offensive side of the court. It's unlikely that Trae becomes a superstar, but possible.

#2 - Atlanta desperately needs to sell tickets. They can't convince people to get in the stands. Of the early first rounders, Trae Young has a better chance to be a big draw than anybody else other than hometown boy Ayton.

One thing to watch... rumors of Heat wanting a pick to get Hutchison... If he goes 22 then they need to jump up. They don't have a lot I'd like, but wondering if Winslow would be on the table. Locke has mentioned him a few times. I like Kelly Olynyk but would hate that value given his contract.

This would have to go 3 ways. Heat get #21, Bucks get assets from Heat and Jazz, Jazz get #17, Heat take money back from Bucks.

So it definitely looks like Doncic will be a King, Hawk or Mav. If the Kings pass, the Hawks will either take him (he's at the top of the Hawks board according to Woj) or they'll send #3 to Dallas for #5 plus some other stuff and Dallas will take him. I don't think Atlanta wants to trade down any further than #5 because Young could go at 6, 7 or 8.

Because the Jazz aren't going to give up their pick at #21 without moving up at least to #17. That's why. Heat could cut the Jazz out and deal directly with the Bucks, though the Jazz could entice the Bucks with something to bring us into the deal.
You talk like you know something about the inner-workings of the Jazz FO and I'm pretty sure you don't.

Anfernee Simons, that's my choice.

He's about like DM45, long wingspan and even better vertical. He could have played college ball and gotten Lonzo Ball or Fultz hype and have been a top pick if things went differently.

My 2018 analysis is complete.