What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Would be funny if we got the Minnesota pick back for salary clearing.

I'd focus our trade efforts on getting a pick in the 30s to pair with 21.

There are 19 players in the top 4 tiers of my big board. I think at least one or two of them will be available at 21. Maybe even more. I'm comfortable with taking any of them so I'm fine if we stay at 21. After that I legit have 20-25 guys who could fit into tier 5. Some are all around players who lack upside, some project as contributors on only one side of the floor, some have an NBA skill and high upside but it's untapped. In my mind it gets messy after the top 19 or 20 prospects go. But there's potential talent all the way down to about 40-45. I'd love to get a pick in the 30's too.

I'd be stunned if we picked Simons. The way Locke, Perrin, and Tony Jones talked about him, it seemed like he had a poor workout and a bad interview.

There are 19 players in the top 4 tiers of my big board. I think at least one or two of them will be available at 21. Maybe even more. I'm comfortable with taking any of them so I'm fine if we stay at 21. After that I legit have 20-25 guys who could fit into tier 5. Some are all around players who lack upside, some project as contributors on only one side of the floor, some have an NBA skill and high upside but it's untapped. In my mind it gets messy after the top 19 or 20 prospects go. But there's potential talent all the way down to about 40-45. I'd love to get a pick in the 30's too.

Then it is settled... stay at 21 and get another pick... where is Cy... I kinda miss him disagreeing with me every time I post.

I'd be stunned if we picked Simons. The way Locke, Perrin, and Tony Jones talked about him, it seemed like he had a poor workout and a bad interview.

I'd rather be the second team to get him.... I do not think it will start well.

We aren't trading with Minnesota unless it's for Taj Gibson's expiring contract. Nobody else makes sense. Aldrich will be let go which saves Minny millions and Dieng is untradeable for the pick they have.

One contract nobody is talking about is Jerryd Bayless' $8.5 million expiring at Philadelphia. They just sold the #39 pick for a future 2nd and cash. If we took that expiring, which we have cap space for in July, maybe we could get #26. Philly might like the idea of having enough cap space to lure LeBron and keep Reddick. Or they could just make other moves since they would have over $40 million in cap space.