What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

What do people think of Diallo?

He's one of the best athletes in the draft (that 44" vert though) and is shooting 39% from 3. Not sure if that % is a fluke though, cause he's only shooting 67% from the line.

His stats across the board are almost identical to that of Knox.

He certainly has upside that might be worth the risk if we're picking outside the lottery.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

He's got good length and athleticism for a 2-guard. He has the tools to defend. He plays well in the open floor and finishes well at the rim. His jump shot seems to be getting a bit better, but it's not reliable. He shoots a fair amount from the mid-range with limited success. If he learns to shoot and play with more discipline, he could be a decent player, but he's more a volume scorer than efficient shooter. Not sure who to compare him too, but has has a few of the same strengths and weaknesses as Demar DeRozan as a younger player. He does seem willing to move the ball and passes fairly well.

What was the interview with? I hadn't heard that.

It was like one of those lame interviews during halftime of an ESPN game. Then I can’t remember the podcast I heard that they indicated BBIQ may be an issue... just wondered if it was a thing ya know.

Third time's a charm... let's go get another 'Trey'.

Trae Young

In on Trae... even if he is a homeless mans version of Curry.

His physical attributes will keep him late lottery but dude can straight ball. May take him a couple years to adjust tho physical toughness of the league but give me shooters who are clearly bbiq guys any day.

I see Isaac Bonga is not a projected second rounder he might be a nice steal in the second round

Actually there are a few second rounders that I like

Bonzi Colson
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
Aliza Johnson
Landry Shamet
Ethan Happ
Chandler Hutchinson
Jarred Vanderbilt

I think if Vanderbilt isn't slated for the first round, he'll stay in school another year.

Trae makes me nervous. I like that he can make these big shots, but I don't like how many of them he takes. These aren't high-percentage looks. I'd rather take Mikal Bridges or Dzanan Musa.

Another sleeper pick is Kris Wilkes at UCLA, though he needs a year of physical development.

I'd be okay with Kilian Tillie in the late first or early second round. I'd also take another look at Kurucs if we end up with a pick in the mid 20s.

I think if Vanderbilt isn't slated for the first round, he'll stay in school another year.

Trae makes me nervous. I like that he can make these big shots, but I don't like how many of them he takes. These aren't high-percentage looks. I'd rather take Mikal Bridges or Dzanan Musa.

Another sleeper pick is Kris Wilkes at UCLA, though he needs a year of physical development.

I think Bridges is going top 8... he'll be gone. Young is a good gamble where we are drafting... honestly probably gone if he keeps this up.

Look how far out they pick him up... if NBA guys have to pay attention to him all the way out there then he already will help.

I like Musa, but I think I'd take Walker and Brown before him.

anyone still interested in Robert Williams?

I like Williams, yes. His range will go out to around 17 feet, maybe not any further. He's great defensively and can be a complementary scorer. His role would be similar to Favors', but he's more mobile and is a bit more versatile offensively. He'll drop a few spots unless he's shown real improvement from last year, or shows an ability to extend his range. Some teams may view him as strictly a 5.

You know, if you saw Marvin Bagley and Robert Williams in a workout together, you might not think they're that different. Bagley is just a bit taller and a bit lighter on his feet. I'd like to see them match up, actually.

The belief with Bagley is that he's got the tools to expand his game, like shoot out to 3-pt range and make plays off the dribble. If he can do it, then great, but it's not a given that he will.

Last edited:
You know, if you saw Marvin Bagley and Robert Williams in a workout together, you might not think they're that different. Bagley is just a bit taller and a bit lighter on his feet. I'd like to see them match up, actually.

The belief with Bagley is that he's got the tools to expand his game, like shoot out to 3-pt range and make plays off the dribble. If he can do it, then great, but it's not a given that he will.

I don't see the similarity tbh. Williams is more like young Ibaka with more upside to become a versatile scorer and a lot more strength than Ibaka ever had. His shooting is mainly static. For Bagley the obvious comparison given size, handling and athleticism is Giannis. Ppl will take a flyer on him and if he can expand his playmaking for others just by being a scoring threat each and every possession, he'll be super valuable and his 3 pt shooting will matter very little. You just build the classic LeBron team around him.