What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Not sure why you guys let pgab bother you. He's harmless. He mentions guys, i watch to see what i think. No reason to make it any bigger than that.

If he could keep this thread to just this years prospects, fine. Otherwise, a lot of clutter to feed his ego.

I really don't mind him, but he's very easy to rile up. Possibly more sensitive than Hotnickkkk.

I was starting to like Wendell Carter for the Jazz, but it looks like he's a candidate to go top 10 now, per Jonathan Givony.

I'd look at 6'8" or 6'9" athletes with ball skills -- Musa, Vanderbilt, Bonga, Hutchinson, etc. or a scorer like Simons. I'd also look at including the pick as part of a trade.

I don't like many guys after the lottery in this draft. Shamet is one guy I like who looks like a late 1st rounder based off mocks I've seen. Milton in a similar mold, think they could be great future 3rd-4th guards.

Last edited:
Issac Bonga has been improving nicely. I thought he'd be 2nd-round fodder, but he's proving me wrong. This is from last summer. He has a lot of raw talent and could really work in Quin's motion offense.

Can't help but think JJJ might be worthy of #1 overall. Not a scorer at this point, but could still develop that and is so good in other aspects and with his physical and athletic traits. It would be risky because he's not playing a lot of minutes and having the production that comes with minutes, but damn- he's impressive.

By far the youngest of the top prospects as well.
I'd probably still take Doncic first, but JJJ is absolutely 2nd overall IMO.

Since the Jazz are starting to win games and push for the POs, I'm looking at players outside the top 15 in the draft. To me, it looks like the draft flattens out a few picks after the lottery. There are a bunch of guys who could be good rotation players, but it's hard to separate them. After Robert Williams, Lonnie Walker, Troy Brown and one or two others, it becomes beauty in the eye of the beholder through the rest of the first round.

Since the Jazz are starting to win games and push for the POs, I'm looking at players outside the top 15 in the draft. To me, it looks like the draft flattens out a few picks after the lottery. There are a bunch of guys who could be good rotation players, but it's hard to separate them. After Robert Williams, Lonnie Walker, Troy Brown and one or two others, it becomes beauty in the eye of the beholder through the rest of the first round.

The Jazz wouldn't take any of those guys. They might give Simons a guarantee if he declares.

The Jazz wouldn't take any of those guys. They might give Simons a guarantee if he declares.
Anfernee Simons might feel like a reach in the mid-to-late teens when we pick him, but will be lights out in Quin’s system as a 6th man.

Edit - saw Cy’s post. Walker or Brown would be great too.

Last edited:
Am I the only guy not a fan of Walker? See him high everywhere, but really not seeing it, would much rather have Shamet or Milton.

Troy Brown's role would probably be similar to Harrison Barnes. I'm not sure if he'll be quite as good as Barnes, but they seem to have some of the same strengths and weaknesses. I'd like to see Brown get above the rim more.

Troy Brown's role would probably be similar to Harrison Barnes. I'm not sure if he'll be quite as good as Barnes, but they seem to have some of the same strengths and weaknesses. I'd like to see Brown get above the rim more.

He is averaging 3 ppg against ranked teams, and has a nasty assist/turnover ratio for the season. He is young with a big wingspan, but around 12-16 can't personally see him as the pick.