What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I think Miles or Sexton could slip outside the top 10. I think Williams could slide into the late teens... same with Smith. KBD seems to be working his way into the top 15-16... based on last few weeks he was consistently mid 20s. I just think not all these guys can be helping their stock and am kind of laughing at the fact that reporters are saying "this guy may not be there"... well yeah, but one of them has to.

Zhaire Smith's lack of height is a disappointment. I was hoping he'd measure out something close to Andre Iguodala and potentially be able to have that kind of defensive impact. Sexton measured out a bit small, and yeah, he could drop to make way for Lonnie Walker possibly. Trae Young is small and limited defensively, but I don't think that's really new information. Kevin Knox and Troy Brown measured well, but that was pretty much expected.

Guys who helped themselves the most in Chicago seem to be Bamba, Bates-Diop, Donte, Okogie, and Huerter. Maybe Simons turned some heads with his athleticism, since he was an unknown. I just don't think it shakes up the draft much in the bigger picture.

FTA are pretty similar... if Donte has the passing edge by the slimmest of margins then Hart has the FTA edge by a slimmer margin.

Shooting pull up threes or anything off the dribble is friggin deadly and will open up more for Donte in NBA space.

I like both players a lot... I'd take either of them. They are different and we wouldn't even compare the two if they weren't from the same school. What we did last year should not factor into what we do this year, and for the record... I though we should have just took Hart last year.
Free throw rate is not similar at all.
Josh Hart was a career 38% ftr at Villanova.

Donte was 29% and his last season was his worst at 27%

Donte is an undersized JR Smith type. He isnt a shot creator. He will struggle to create that space for his pull-up 3 in the NBA and that will take away most all of his shot creation.

Not working today, so I'm watching the 5x5 at the combine...ugly ball.

I'm not a fan of the Bowen hair style but he stands out on the court.

Quin likes players who do something quickly with the ball, so they catch and shoot or pass or attack the paint as soon as they catch the ball. Watch how many of these guys are slow to action.

Not working today, so I'm watching the 5x5 at the combine...ugly ball.

I'm not a fan of the Bowen hair style but he stands out on the court.

Quin likes players who do something quickly with the ball, so they catch and shoot or pass or attack the paint as soon as they catch the ball. Watch how many of these guys are slow to action.
Watch the final 4 instead. Doncic playing vs CSKA Moscow.

Listening to Ryan McDonogh....they had a plan, acquired a bunch of assets, developerd several young players and now they have a stellar head coach and the number one pick.

I hate to criticize my Jazz, but they made a number of mistakes 2011-2017, and now the asset cupboard is kind of empty.

Listening to Ryan McDonogh....they had a plan, acquired a bunch of assets, developerd several young players and now they have a stellar head coach and the number one pick.

I hate to criticize my Jazz, but they made a number of mistakes 2011-2017, and now the asset cupboard is kind of empty.

Ummmmm. Okay? They don't have anyone as good as Rudy or DM... including whoever they bring in. We have all of our own picks and useful vets and prospects. They have been a **** show. They got lucky to get the number one pick but may not make it past the first round of the playoffs in the next 4-5 years.

Free throw rate is not similar at all.
Josh Hart was a career 38% ftr at Villanova.

Donte was 29% and his last season was his worst at 27%

Donte is an undersized JR Smith type. He isnt a shot creator. He will struggle to create that space for his pull-up 3 in the NBA and that will take away most all of his shot creation.

FTA are similar... ft rate is lower obvi.

Josh isn’t a shot creator in the NBA either. If Donte is similar to JR without the crazy I’d take that and run... I think he has more to him.

Why are we comparing these two? We can’t draft Hart with our pick this year?

FTA are similar... ft rate is lower obvi.

Josh isn’t a shot creator in the NBA either. If Donte is similar to JR without the crazy I’d take that and run... I think he has more to him.

Why are we comparing these two? We can’t draft Hart with our pick this year?
I don't want Hart. I'm just saying it makes no sense to think the Jazz will draft Donte when they passed on Hart.

I am surprised no one is talking about Khyri thomas. Similar measurements to Mitchell. good 3 point shooter and a great defender.

People have been... PGAB has been talking about him for 17 years when he showed promise using both hands to build LEGO houses and showed his length stealing animal crackers from the other kids.

I don't want Hart. I'm just saying it makes no sense to think the Jazz will draft Donte when they passed on Hart.

K... so they are looking and have Donte listed as bpa... then they go we didn’t take Hart who is a completely different player... never mind let’s take someone else.

Maybe they see Hart’s success and say let’s get us some of that... but I don’t think they talk about Hart at all when considering drafting Donte.

K... so they are looking and have Donte listed as bpa... then they go we didn’t take Hart who is a completely different player... never mind let’s take someone else.

Maybe they see Hart’s success and say let’s get us some of that... but I don’t think they talk about Hart at all when considering drafting Donte.
There is no way Donte is the 21st or high player on the board.

agreed, always said McDonogh is a good gm.

It was the Suns who offerered multiple lotto picks in 2016 for Hayward.

Jazz still have great young peices, players with room for plenty of improvement

Jarred Vanderbilt.

Totally forgot he exists. Not sure it's injury related, but when I watched him play at Kentucky I wasn't impressed with any part of his game except being long and athletic, but then he moved very uncoordinated and I didn't even like that any longer.