What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

If the Hawks get Bamba does that lessen the chance they go after Favors at all?

1000%. Bamba, Collins are both traditional bigs. Prince plays some small ball 4.

Atlanta will not use their cap space to sign players. That is salary dump city. They will take on bad contracts to get more picks.

Back to this year...

Huerter is intriguing if he can truly shoot that well and isn't a liability on defense. But is he a scorer? We need somebody who can manufacture points as much as shoot right? We need a shot creator.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

From the DN today on yesterday's workouts:
"Landale is the other player at Tuesday’s workout whose name is likely most-known locally. The 6-foot-11, 255-pound Australian is the reigning West Coast Conference Player of the Year after a senior season at Saint Mary’s in which he averaged 21.1 points, 10.2 rebounds, two assists and a block per game.

In three matchups against BYU, he averaged 28.7 points per contest. He said he particularly remembers the last time he played at the Marriott Center, a game in which he finished with 31 points and 13 rebounds as the Gaels got past the Cougars in overtime.

“The altitude was killing everyone,” he said. “The best part about it was just the environment, playing at BYU in front of that crowd. … I loved every second of it.”

The big man joked that it might be a national requirement for Aussies to work out with the Jazz given the presence of Joe Ingles and Dante Exum on Utah’s roster.

“Joe and Dante are awesome players and they’ve made their mark here, so if we can keep pulling some Australians in here, that’d be pretty cool,” he said, noting that he has worked out a few times with both Ingles and Exum. “I’d like that at least.”

Dominant with the Gaels as a back-to-the-basket player, Landale wants to be able to show other skills during workouts that will translate better to the NBA.

“I don’t think that I’m just an old school post player,” he said. “Obviously I’m not the most athletic guy out on the court, but I think that I make up for it with how smart I am. I can beat guys with my brain.”

I haven't paid attention to this draft class, but I had the name Shai Gilgeous-Alexander come to me yesterday.

why? I don't know. I'm checking him out now, how about we let Exum go because he can't shoot a basketball and get this kid.

Back to this year...

Huerter is intriguing if he can truly shoot that well and isn't a liability on defense. But is he a scorer? We need somebody who can manufacture points as much as shoot right? We need a shot creator.

A knockdown shooter should be more than enough with Ricky and Mitchell creating the offense. Just look at how many wide open threes Royce and Crowder blew for us during the playoff...

Y tho? You stick yr tongue in the two other orifices.

I think because that orifice is only to rid the body of **** and noxious gases... I mean people are into weirder stuff than that.

When I was 15 we didn’t have twitter but I’m sure if we did you’d find some dumb **** I would have posted.

Back to this year...

I believe he is great off balance and moving around screens. Would add a dynamic that would pull gravity to a different spot on the floor and cause some issues this creating offense.

We need one on one creation but not sure that is something we will find at 21.

I just hope that we draft someone with the size and athletic ability to be on the floor at the championship level. Watching the conference finals, I try to picture who might be capable of playing at the highest levels.