What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Zion is a specimen for sure, but he doesn't have Lebron's off-the-dribble game, and he doesn't run the floor like a wide receiver. I'm not sure he can play on the ball at the point of attack. The thing that makes Lebron unique is that he has great guard skills at 6'8", 250 lbs.

This.

Zion is amazing in his own right. Let Zion be Zion and let LeBron be LeBron. You will see over time, they will have different games.

If they can't get Garland. Ponds is a nice fall-back option. 0 turnovers in this game, he's surgical on offense. Local kid I hyped every step of the way and it looks like Ima be spot on.

If they can't get Garland. Ponds is a nice fall-back option. 0 turnovers in this game, he's surgical on offense. Local kid I hyped every step of the way and it looks like Ima be spot on.
Ponds will be fun to watch this year. Perhaps the best pure scorer in CBB this year. But can he be efficient with it.

BTW Akok Akok will be eligible for this draft. Interesting player. those who like "3'n'D" types should check this out.

He's 6'10 with like a 7'1" or 7'2" wingspan but as you can see he launches off the ground effortlessly and reacts quickly.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but does Zion remind anyone of a young Lebron?

It's said that LeBron is actually a lefty like Zion too, he writes with his left, just shoots with his right hand so it goes overlooked....

I'm not sure if there's any appropriate comparisons for LeBron tho tbh.

Zion is a specimen for sure, but he doesn't have Lebron's off-the-dribble game, and he doesn't run the floor like a wide receiver. I'm not sure he can play on the ball at the point of attack. The thing that makes Lebron unique is that he has great guard skills at 6'8", 250 lbs.
That seems fair. I don't see him being a team's primary ball handler either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

How mad do y'all get when you think about the times Utah drafted high in the lottery they got Enes Kanter and Dante Exum?

That's the 3rd and 5th pick. In last year's draft that could have been Jaren Jackson, Trae Young, or Luka Doncic. The year before it could have been DeAron Fox or Jayson Tatum.

How mad do y'all get when you think about the times Utah drafted high in the lottery they got Enes Kanter and Dante Exum?

That's the 3rd and 5th pick. In last year's draft that could have been Jaren Jackson, Trae Young, or Luka Doncic. The year before it could have been DeAron Fox or Jayson Tatum.

If we ever get there again let's not take the international man of mystery... we are 0/2. I imagine we'd have drafted the eff out of Dragan Bender if we had the opportunity.

Luka is not an international man of mystery FYI... we knew he was good.

This.

Zion is amazing in his own right. Let Zion be Zion and let LeBron be LeBron. You will see over time, they will have different games.

It's early obviously, but to me Zion's ideal role is as a rich man's Draymond Green, a tough 4/5 who has the strength to guard 5s, a speed and agility advantage over other bigs offensively, plus the ability to handle the ball and knock down shots from the perimeter. Then if he gets an open lane, no one's going to want to step in front of him. The challenge will be how he plays against taller, longer players--the guys he'll face in the pros that he won't face in college.

Those weren't great drafts. Not much we could have done about it. The real mistake we made though was trading up for Burke in 2013. I guess hindsight is 20/20.