What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Cy, i truly think you are a smart young whipper snapper. I really believe that. So, why do you come across a f***ing retard at times?

1) no two players are the same- to pigeon hole a prospect like that is so pathetic that i don't have words. I could stop here.

But i won't

2) Babbitt was a scorer for Nevada who was an opportunistic 3 point shooter who took 3 attempts per game. Cam Johnson shot 6 threes per game.

3) Babbitt shot 41% from three in the WAC on his 3 attempts. The mother ****ing WAC. Cam Johnson shot 46% in the ACC on his 6 attempts per.

4) Luke Babbitt's eFG was 54%. Cam Johnson was 62%. Not even in the same stratosphere.

Babbitt was a good shooter in a weak league. Cam Johnson was an elite shooter in the best league in the country.

Cy, you're a smart young man. Act like it.
If Babbitt played Cams role he'd be the same shooter. He was a 41% career shooter in the NBA.

Not to mention the clear shift in attempts per game over the last decade..

Cams role is going to top out as a 10-15 mpg shooter off the bench when ends up being a journeyman. Maybe he lands on some bad teams that play him a lot here and there.

Just like Babbitt

The advantage Cam has is that he's already groomed for the Babbitt role. He won't have the transition period and he probably won't be as a high of a pick as Babbitt was.

Bazley looks good... still no idea how to evaluate whatever video of him I've seen. Give me some meaningful games I can look at.

THT is skilled... I'm intrigued by his footwork on off the dribble shots...I'm still wary of his lack of athleticism... He was shooting it flat footed on that video... I don't know if it mean anything but worth pointing out.

Bazley is legit... He reminds me of Quincy Miller before the injury, but better and bigger, that J is legit. It's not about the game footage with him, no one has said the word scarcity more in these draftees threads, and Bazley has scarce tools, especially in the scope of this draft (KZ Okpala stands to benefit from this too)

On the THT front, if he was crazy explosive, no doubt he'd be a lotto pick given his intangibles, age and freakish wingspan. He was mostlyt ranked outside of the top-100 in his HS class playing for SIMEON HS (DErrick Rose, Jabari, Zach Norvell etc.) and only blew up late, in part because of that explosion u've pointed out, despite dropping like a steady 25-5-5 type of line and he was leading the team in the truest sense to tons of victories, he's a winner. He measures well on the Draymond scale...

Talen Horton-Tucker from Iowa State. He might be in our draft range. His body language wasn't great considering all the powerful dudes he was working out for. He seems to have a bit of cool-for-school attitude. Combine that with the fact that he needs to lose 10+ lbs and the fact that he recently got arrested for petty theft, and I start to question whether the Jazz would be willing to draft him. Guy is talented though. His skill level could eventually rival that of a guy like Brad Beal, but he'd have to work hard to do it, and there's no guarantee that he will.

Many NBA teams have THT's intangibles graded out as 10/10 I assure you...

He's 18 years old! When the season starts, he'll be 18 years old... His mindset, I'm SUPER-CONFIDENT, is far superior than most of the recent guys who've touched down in the league at that age..

He's built for war, and everyone knows it, thats why he's not gonna fall past the playoff teams... ya dig?

I suspect he's a trade up target too... If I were lets, say, the Kings, without a 1st, THT would be one of the top players on my list to move up and get..

"Warlord Wing" players are ESSENTIAL in todays NBA, i've been saying it for years and it was more apparent than ever watching the western bracket of the playoffs this szn... Always said the Jazz were lacking it, and essentially we were paying Hayward to be that guy, and he's not that guy, but thats not here nor there...

THT is certainly a Warlord Wing. He's built like Bonzi Wells!

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been discussed but;

Allen-Mitchell-HortonTucker would be a viable 1-2-3 shared duties. You could definitely use Ingles at the 4 and Rudy at 5ofc, or Favors if he's still here.

Thats an interesting look for Utah. A nice new wrinkle. I dont see how anyone could really be opposed to Horton-Tucker.

Who are the long-term skill guys in this draft? What do y'all think?

Obviously Tyler Herro (who i actually posted about here very long time ago when he was like 6'2")

Who are the long-term skill guys in this draft? What do y'all think?

Obviously Tyler Herro (who i actually posted about here very long time ago when he was like 6'2")

Long time lurker. Like every day for at least 15 years.

I’m not a fan of Tyler Herro. He has no length and can’t create for himself. I think the jazz have to go with a high upside guy. Bazeley, Horton-Tucker etc... the organization doesn’t need another single. We have too many of them. I’d like to see them swing for the fences.

However, at the end of the day, I’d put money down that they will trade the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Bazley is legit... He reminds me of Quincy Miller before the injury, but better and bigger, that J is legit. It's not about the game footage with him, no one has said the word scarcity more in these draftees threads, and Bazley has scarce tools, especially in the scope of this draft (KZ Okpala stands to benefit from this too)

On the THT front, if he was crazy explosive, no doubt he'd be a lotto pick given his intangibles, age and freakish wingspan. He was mostlyt ranked outside of the top-100 in his HS class playing for SIMEON HS (DErrick Rose, Jabari, Zach Norvell etc.) and only blew up late, in part because of that explosion u've pointed out, despite dropping like a steady 25-5-5 type of line and he was leading the team in the truest sense to tons of victories, he's a winner. He measures well on the Draymond scale...

I agree that Bazely looks like an NBA talent but THT is slow AF.

I'm not a big fan of drafting a center... since they'd be a backup in our current iteration and there are a lot of cheap, good backup options... but Nic Claxton is really intriguing, the ball handling ability at the position is unique... I wonder how effective it will be at the next level. If he goes in the second maybe we can use some cash to move up and get him.

I'm not a big fan of drafting a center... since they'd be a backup in our current iteration and there are a lot of cheap, good backup options... but Nic Claxton is really intriguing, the ball handling ability at the position is unique... I wonder how effective it will be at the next level. If he goes in the second maybe we can use some cash to move up and get him.

I don't think Nic Claxton is anywhere near physically ready to play at the 5. Maybe in a year or two. I'm not sure he's really quick or skilled enough to play at the 4 right now either, but I suppose you could take a flier and find out. He's a project who will probably go in the late 20s or more likely mid-30s.

I agree that Bazely looks like an NBA talent but THT is slow AF.

Horton-Tucker needs to get in better shape. I think you have to play him like a Paul Pierce or Lance Stephenson---that used to be considered a 3, but now might even be considered more of a 4. My concern with THT is that he won't keep up with quick guards.

Based on what I'm seeing in basketball-related media Luka Samanic seems to still be a bit undervalued, although it sounds as though the Spurs like him. I'd feel comfortable taking Samanic ahead of Cam Johnson and Grant Williams. Samanic is a stretch 4 with ball skills.
As you know I am a huge samanic fan. Have been for a couple of years. I agree with what you said.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

He's got a higher chance of going lottery than 2nd round.