What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

I think we need to be aggressive and swing for the fences and hope we catch lightning. When we could have Giannis etc. I think I am really liking Bazley but I don't think we can wait around thinking we can maybe get him in the 2nd round. I think we should just draft him at 23.

I am not even sure if he will be there at 23.

That's weird. I flew from Los Angeles to the East Coast yesterday. Across the aisle was Jordan Nwora and his dad. When I asked him about Donovan he said, "I knew Donovan Mitchell before he was Donovan Mitchell." He said he knew Donovan when he was in high school.

We talked about Trey Lewis for a moment.

When I asked Jordan where he thought he'd be drafted he said late-first to early-second. Kind of surprised he would say that if he's going back to college (checked Google and yes - he's going back)

Long time lurker. Like every day for at least 15 years.

I’m not a fan of Tyler Herro. He has no length and can’t create for himself. I think the jazz have to go with a high upside guy. Bazeley, Horton-Tucker etc... the organization doesn’t need another single. We have too many of them. I’d like to see them swing for the fences.

However, at the end of the day, I’d put money down that they will trade the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Herro has a great pull-up J!! Idk how you'd think a short-armed kid like that would be projected top-20 everywhere and can't create offense, he can, and he's actually been proficient with that combo-guard stuff for years now.

When he catches and intends to put the ball on the ground, he usually does a fake right away, which is a pro type of thing to do... Reads the reaction the fake presents and goes in the direction of the play... He's good spatially too knows when to fill gaps and stuff.

Jazz have worked out 36 players, so far 9 of them are returning to college.

This is a good thing! As much as ppl here love to fight looking more thna 1 year ahead, it's the prudent thing to do, and it's only a very limited amount of time they have to do this, so it's good to see.

Utah seems to try as hard as anyone to maximize this aspect.

NBA teams track EVERYTHING in their vicinity, so it's just good to get a baseline on some of these guys so hopefully there's obvious progress next year..

Brandon Clarke is nothing less than a Jackpot scenario for Utah. I would also say if they are gonna try to move up to the early-mid teens, he's the target.
Yea NBADraft.net had him going to Utah and I really liked what I read. But nothing else I've seen has him close to that far down the board.

I know nothing about anything.

Damn... so 3* Nwora is returning to UL and 5* VJ King is going pro....

Took his spot! Surely when VJ committed there, and was getting hype as one of the best from Ohio since LeBron, he thought he was gonna be 'the guy'.

Nwora figures to be in the running for NPOY next year and he should be one of the leading scorers in the nation that actually plays a decent schedule.

Nwora, I think, could go as high as the lottery next year, his path is clear..

Funny thing is thru the years, if u read my posts on Nwora, you'll see me saying something like "for some reason he reminds me of Jabari, but i'm sure he can shoot way better" and now he's gonan try to be a lotto pick next year it seems.

pretty cool story. stuff liek that is why i do my homework!

Yea NBADraft.net had him going to Utah and I really liked what I read. But nothing else I've seen has him close to that far down the board.

I know nothing about anything.

Well you know enough to be posting about the right name.... BRANDON CLARKE!!! I'll never forget that game where I first knew he was gonna get drafted, it was when they SMOTHERED DUKE, or I should say, when Brandon Clarke smothered Duke. It was done in about as emphatic a fashion as you could script, it was almost like the game went to OT, just so Clarke could make his point even louder.

On the court, he's like fighting a gorilla in a phonebooth, he is a monster in small space... Which is precisely what u want next to Rudy...

He is also a most excellent fit next to Ingles and Donovan Mitchell... IDK how u could say otherwise.

Watching Utah this year, it's a very different team when their making their shots and when their missing them... which means obviously it'd be better if they could just make more shots every game... Brandon Clarke is a damn good candidate to help Utah immediately improve in this area. He can obviously add soemthign to the team, to the playoff push, right away.

Also; who is anyone, at this point, to question these bigmen Gonzaga and Mark Few is pumping out??? after all this sustained excellence? Not me... I learned my lesson.. Always been a big Gonzaga/Few fan, they know what their doing.. Next year is gonna be fireworks too.. They are a factory.

I think Rudy would love having him around too.. Could be like a major brownie points type of deal with that, and it sounds dumb, but as you all know it's really all-performance based, so if he can back it up, it'll be true... This is ofc what their looking for in this draft,, you dont appease Hayward for years and then leave Rudy out to dry...

Last edited:
My kind of dude, maybe we'll fall in love and move up for him.

Locke mentioned him yesterday and talked a little more about him than other prospects... Locke has telegraphed our picks so I always listen when he talks draft.

Also for all the Nwora fans, his return means UL is cemented into the top-10 next year, should be preseason, and they'll be one of the absolute best teams in the nation..

Wait til you see the SG they are gonna put next to him, i've posted bout him for a year or 2, named Samuel Williamson, who's 6'7" and 1st rd material, I suspect he is gonna be really good. Kinda reminds me of Klay Thompson...

They have another incoming freshman SG Josh Nickleberry who's worth keeping an eye on.

Malik Williams is one of the big retunee's, he is just way under the radar for a Junior too, ppl dont realize his talent level.. They picked up Aidan Igehorn too who's super fluid Irish import. UL is luh-oh-ded, They will be one of the favorites to win the national championship, they'll probably be a pretty good bet tbh..

Jae'lyn Withers is worth keeping an eye on too, he's like 6'9" and plays on the wing...

Chris Mack was the right hire...They obviously benefited from the mockery that is the entire landscape of college basketball and played their cards accordingly.

Last edited:
NFL has it right when they have free agency before the draft. If the jazz convinced tobias Harris to sign in Utah they wouldnt need to give up asset to move and draft clarke.

Now if they do move up and draft Clarke Harris might see that as the jazz move for their future of and not want to sign.

More ifs then I like but you just have to do what is given to you

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Are Bazley and Lecque really "swing for the fences" type of picks? Or does their youth just give that perception? I feel like every young guy every year is tagged as a "swing for the fences" pick or apparently has crazy upside because people see the age and their imaginations run wild with how they could develop in just that extra year or two.