What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254035/Suns-Open-To-Trading-No-6-For-Veteran-Point-Guard

#12 got us George Hill. Curious what #6 can get. Inb4 Jazz fans on twitter say "SIGN RICKY AND TRADE HIM FOR THE 6TH PICK"

But seriously though, who could they trade for? If there's a package for Conley involving that pick, there's no way we can top that. Maybe NOP relents and trades Holiday and AD and they end up with like the 1st, 4th, and 6th picks and other stuff.

I'd just keep the pick and sign Rubio to a short term deal so they at least have someone who can run an offense

There isn't really a Draymond Green in this draft. You're talking about an All NBA defensive type who can go end-to-end and make plays off the dribble. I'd be impressed if Deandre Hunter could do all those things.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254035/Suns-Open-To-Trading-No-6-For-Veteran-Point-Guard

#12 got us George Hill. Curious what #6 can get. Inb4 Jazz fans on twitter say "SIGN RICKY AND TRADE HIM FOR THE 6TH PICK"

But seriously though, who could they trade for? If there's a package for Conley involving that pick, there's no way we can top that. Maybe NOP relents and trades Holiday and AD and they end up with like the 1st, 4th, and 6th picks and other stuff.

They'd ask for Mitchell. We'd say no.
They'd ask Sacto for Fox. Sacto would say no.
The Lakers would offer Ball. Phoenix would probably say no (at least they should).
Milwaukee would offer to send back Bledsoe. Phoenix would say no.
New York would offer Dennis Smith. Phoenix would say no.

Yeah, J'rue might be worth #6 if NOLA is ready to move on. There aren't too many options.

It sounds like Phoenix wants Garland, but he won't be there.

Why would Phoenix trade 6 for a veteran PG? Why wouldn't they keep 6 and just sign a veteran PG? They got cap space. And it's not like a veteran PG puts them into contention lol.

If the Lakers can get #6 for Ball, they should take it and run. Ball can't shoot.

They aren't trying to collect picks. They are trying to win now. His shot is really irrelevant. They aren't trading him unless it's in a package for something that helps them win now.

They aren't trying to collect picks. They are trying to win now. His shot is really irrelevant. They aren't trading him unless it's in a package for something that helps them win now.

Well, see if he has any value around the league outside of a few zealous Laker fans. The dude shoots 45% from the foul line and can't hit a mid-range shot to save his life.

Depends on how much NOLA would want #6. If #6 is more valuable to NOLA than Ball, then LA could trade Ball for #6 then trade #4, #6 and some of their young players to get AD. That's a much better offer than Boston can make unless Boston includes Tatum.

I would love for us to trade 23 to Philly for 33 and 34. Just seems like all these guys are really the same range and would let PHI get rid of some picks that won’t make the roster.

David Locke on his podcast today sure sounded like he was trying to set people's expectations that we're going to trade the pick. He was going on and on about how late first-round picks rarely pan out. Nevermind that the best player on our team was picked at #27, the last All Star we drafted was Millsap at #47, and that Toronto is in the NBA Finals with several late picks, including Marc Gasol and Kyle Lowry.

If Keldon Johnson, Mfiondu Kabengele or Darius Bazley are available at #23, there'd better be a pretty obvious deal for us to trade out of the draft. Even Dylan Windler would make a difference.

David Locke on his podcast today sure sounded like he was trying to set people's expectations that we're going to trade the pick. He was going on and on about how late first-round picks rarely pan out. Nevermind that the best player on our team was picked at #27, the last All Star we drafted was Millsap at #47, and that Toronto is in the NBA Finals with several late picks, including Marc Gasol and Kyle Lowry.

If Keldon Johnson, Mfiondu Kabengele or Darius Bazley are available at #23, there'd better be a pretty obvious deal for us to trade out of the draft. Even Dylan Windler would make a difference.

A lot of good point here, then you pick 4 future scrubs ;)

Interesting timing for all of this too because it comes after a few huge workouts.

I think there are a couple guys they like, and if one of them doesn't drop, they'll trade back or out. They probably like guys like PJ Washington, Brandon Clarke and maybe Okpala.

Jones has been reserved as he normally is. Locke would be fun to play poker against cause he can't hide.
If I were in the Jazz organization, I’d leak like crazy to Locke about anything and everything EXCEPT who I really like. Wouldn’t let on with that info at all.