What's new

For those of you who don't like Jimmer...

bigmike

...please elaborate on why. Honestly, if we could pick him up in the 8-15 range with the 2nd of our picks this year, I'd be ecstatic.

His name is Jimmer. Nuff said. If he just agrees to go by James as a normal grown up would, I might consider him.

Mostly because he's white, plays for BYU, and plays basketball much better than I do.

He's another SG in a PG's body ala Ronnie Price. Although his scoring ability is great, his defense is a joke.

How many white guards have been worth a first round pick the last 10 years? Hell even a second round pick.

...please elaborate on why. Honestly, if we could pick him up in the 8-15 range with the 2nd of our picks this year, I'd be ecstatic.

The kid has range beyond 90 percent of current nba players, has the abilty to hit set shots as well as moving or off balance. He creates opportunites for himself at an impressive rate (over 60 percent of his attempts) and has a calm humble demeanor with a decent iq.

That said he is a weak defender. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend well. He lacks athletic leaping and movement. He is a below average passer and has has one of the worst a/t.o. ratios among draftable pgs as well as a very low pure point guard rating.

I feel he is suited perfectly for golden state or phoenix. Teams that are fast, that need range and aren't punished for faulty defense by coaching staff. He could be a serious weapon on a team like that off the bench.

The kid has range beyond 90 percent of current nba players, has the abilty to hit set shots as well as moving or off balance. He creates opportunites for himself at an impressive rate (over 60 percent of his attempts) and has a calm humble demeanor with a decent iq.

That said he is a weak defender. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend well. He lacks athletic leaping and movement. He is a below average passer and has has one of the worst a/t.o. ratios among draftable pgs as well as a very low pure point guard rating.

I feel he is suited perfectly for golden state or phoenix. Teams that are fast, that need range and aren't punished for faulty defense by coaching staff. He could be a serious weapon on a team like that off the bench.

His range is amazing, I'll give him that.

How many white guards have been worth a first round pick in the last 10 years? Hell even a second round pick...

How many white guards have been worth a first round pick the last 10 years? Hell even a second round pick.

Steve Nash
Chase Buddinger
JJ Reddick
Peja
Mike Bibby (is he white?)
Brent Barry
Marco Belinelli
Manu Ginobli
Jason Kidd
that pg in Sacramento
not sure about Steve Blake
Ricky Rubio if he ever plays

a few others probably

If the Jazz waste this lotto pick on another unathletic white guy, especially one with the ridiculous nickname of "Jimmer", I'll be pissed!

Steve Nash
Chase Buddinger
JJ Reddick
Peja
Mike Bibby (is he white?)
Brent Barry
Marco Belinelli
Manu Ginobli
Jason Kidd
that pg in Sacramento
not sure about Steve Blake
Ricky Rubio if he ever plays

a few others probably

Nash, Peja, Bibby, Barry, Kidd, and Manu are all outside of the 10 year range he asked for. Buddinger isn't a guard, Belinelli is a great shooter, but worth a first rounder is a stretch, Udrih (Sacramento) is not a first round type of player, Rubio has proved to be nothing but hype and a whole lot of awful.

Nash, Peja, Bibby, Barry, Kidd, and Manu are all outside of the 10 year range he asked for. Buddinger isn't a guard, Belinelli is a great shooter, but worth a first rounder is a stretch, Udrih (Sacramento) is not a first round type of player, Rubio has proved to be nothing but hype and a whole lot of awful.

Ah, my bad. I thought he meant DRAFTED in the last ten years. But still, that's seven guys in a decade.

Okay, so gathering from the responses, people have a problem with his defense, whiteness, and name. Any other objections?

I like Jimmer anywhere from 10-15. He has good enough handles and passing to make it as a PG in the NBA too. I think he would be great in a backup PG/shooter role.

Have you watched him play D??? He is so lazy on D. He is not very effective when he has a bigger guy on him. He will probably play PG but why waste a lottery pick on a back up PG? If he plays SG, he will get roasted by the 6-4 - 6-8 SG's in the league