What's new

Free Bass fishing tournament with yours truly...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
May 1st and 2nd, Utah Lake.

My partner bailed last minute and I need someone in the boat with me. If you know how to fish, then let's go. There is no entry fee, the boat will be provided, there will be prizes, and it is going to be televised. Don't worry about not being a very good bass fisherman -- we are going to get torched no matter how good we are. Utah Lake is a finicky bitch, and there are a few teams that fish it 1,000+ hours a year. I average about six per year. Anyway, it'll be damn fun no matter how you slice it. If you've ever wanted to fish a tournament, this is your chance. Text me if you're interested: 801-641-7641

<3

My work might shut down on the 1st.

I've never bass fished a day in my life but UL is my goto catfish destination.

We talking smallies here?

I'd recommend taking someone else but if I'm the make or break body in the boat I might be in.

My work might shut down on the 1st.

I've never bass fished a day in my life but UL is my goto catfish destination.

We talking smallies here?

I'd recommend taking someone else but if I'm the make or break body in the boat I might be in.

You may just be... Large Mouth. I've got all the gear you'll need.

Hmm, I could get into this. I do like fishing but am not great at it. My pole broke last week so I would need a new one but did get a new frog for bass fishing that is fun to play with.

Whats your feeling about me drinking lots of beer while said fishing is happening?

I'd rather dress up in drag and follow them around in my boat doing drunk cheer leading with megaphones. Mrs. Jones was born to play this role to perfection. srs

How-was-it-GIF.gif

Yeah, how was it? I ended up having to work that day.

It's just as high as it always is, and should be fine for your 'toon. The problem was that we had a bunch of people donate their boats for the tourney and a bunch of them (who never fish UL) decided they didn't want some shmo to run their nice boat into a sandbar or scree pile. I get it, but damn, how lame.

It's just as high as it always is, and should be fine for your 'toon. The problem was that we had a bunch of people donate their boats for the tourney and a bunch of them (who never fish UL) decided they didn't want some shmo to run their nice boat into a sandbar or scree pile. I get it, but damn, how lame.

Yeah, that's extremely lame.

How much notice did they give of the cancellation?