What's new

Free Jazz Tickets

I wonder if them being transferred matters or not. I should check into the people I transferred them to. Could be a huge hassle having to refund them.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Transferred tickets are going away too. I still have some that I traded but I think they will go away.

How can they do that? Give away free tickets without specifying then taking them away? What if I had made plans to drive to Utah from AZ to get there and get told my tickets no longer exist?

I did have everyone confirm that they did get the tickets when I first transferred them. What could they say to make it out to be my fault?

This is interesting. When I claimed the offer I read the fine print and saw nothing that suggested the tickets were in any way restricted or that they required any sort of additional purchase or qualifying information at all. I figured they might have made a mistake somehow in making them so widely available, but the site didn't suggest as much. Taking the tickets back seems a bit unfair. If they made a mistake it seems like they're penalizing folks who broke no rules. Oh well. The Jazz giveth, the Jazz taketh away.

I may call, I paid on two occasions, two free tickets per time with one at full price. They left me with a single ticket that I paid for. Well two tickets but in different sections. What good is that?

By no means do I think I was entitled to free tickets, I am more confused about the policies involved in this and your "rights" as a Flashseats account holder. Can I sell my season tickets and then one hour before the game decide I want to go and recall the ticket transfer? (also refunding the buyer) That would leave them high and dry.

Same goes for the Jazz. Can they suck the tickets out of my account if Kanye comes to town and offers them a ridiculous amount of money to take any entire section?

I am surprised that the Flashseats people didn't tell them to go fly a kite. Why is it their problem that some combination of Larry Miller Dealerships, the Jazz, and SmithTix messed up and hired a web developer that left a HUGE loophole on their site. And they were the ones that didn't catch it for how long?

https://www.flashseats.com/FAQsDetails.aspx?ss=0&a=2#e9

I still have the e-mail from Flash Seats stating that tickets have been added to my account. I wonder what happens if I show up at the game with that proof that I did indeed have them but they are now gone with no record of me transferring them?

Also this from Flash Seats FAQ:

Can I cancel or get a refund for a purchase?
No, you cannot cancel any transaction once it has been completed. There are no refunds unless an event is cancelled and not rescheduled. In the case of a weather-related cancellation, face value, which might not be the actual amount paid for the seats, will be refunded to the owner of the seat (the person who currently has possession of the seats).

Can I cancel a transfer?
It depends on whether the people you're transferring to already have a Flash Seats account. If they already have an account, the seats are transferred instantaneously to their account, so you cannot cancel a transfer once you've initiated it. If the people you're transferring to do not have a Flash Seats account and do not pick up the tickets you've transferred, you can cancel a transfer.

So I can't get a refund or cancel a transfer but the "seller" can just go in and pull tickets?

It also appears that SmithTix Charged me for the two tickets that I used last night. This is turning into ******** very quickly.

EDIT: Ha! The card I had on file with SmithsTix I no longer have and it expired in 2013!

Last edited:
For Anyone That Used The Jazz Free Tickets

Check your accounts. SmithsTix has charged me for the two tickets I used last night.