What's new

Furkan Korkmaz - the pick according to ESPN Lottery Machine

footawn

I ran ESPN's mock lottery machine 10 times, and 10 times it said the jazz will select SG Furkan Korkmaz with the 12th pick.

https://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2016/mockdraft

After my initial analysis of "Who?", I find it a stretch that we would draft another 2 guard even though we already have Burks, Hood, and Ingles. Maybe he'd stay overseas? Or can he play some 1? I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant of this guy, but I'm hoping to solve that a little in this thread as others chime in.

Maybe I'm way off here but he looks much bigger and more athletic and then people are saying.

I wouldn't mind the pick as he has a high ceiling from what I've read. He can play in Europe a few more years if need be.

It's because we need another wing. Burks doesn't play (he's becoming the Sam Bradford of the NBA) and Hood is an OK wing player. A solid starter.

The Jazz wouldn't use a 12th pick on someone and ask them to stay overseas.

Unless you're Philly. Ha ha.

What's everyone going to do when Philly gets the #1 pick, has Embiid healthy, Saric comes over and they win a title in 4 years?

Who am I kidding? They're gonna suck for a long time. The Clippers of this generation.

Unless you're Philly. Ha ha.

What's everyone going to do when Philly gets the #1 pick, has Embiid healthy, Saric comes over and they win a title in 4 years?

Who am I kidding? They're gonna suck for a long time. The Clippers of this generation.

They didnt ask him to stay overseas, that was his choice.

And Saric is coming over this year.

I love this guy!And he would be the perfect fit for the jazz. First of all he is at least 6'7 and he would be more like a swingman who can play the 2/3 and not a comboguard. He is a great shooter and his athleticism is awesome for european standards which means in that category he shouldn't have any problems in the NBA unlike other european player. Taller and more athletic Belinelli should be a nice comparison for him or kind of a Hezonja with less ego. But he will be a longterm project for sure because of his very immature body which causes all of his weaknesses these problems are on the defensive side and sometimes when he drives to the basket but this would be fine. Hayward, Hood, Ingles and Burks are the 4 main guys on the wings and Furkans role in the rookie saison should be a sporadic one. Hopefully he wont stay in Europe and try to come to the nba immediately and improve his body in the US. In Europe most of the prospects arent able to reach their physical potential as quick as in the nba for some reason.

Draft Korkmaz and 3 years from now he will be fantastic, this is my timeline for him:

Rookie Season: Trash time, maybe D-League
Sophomore Season: Give him the minutes of Joe Ingles who will be a Free Agent anyway in 2017
Third Season: With a more developed body in 2 years of nba action he should be ready to explode!!!

From all the prospects in that range, he is the one with the most potential of them.

Why would we draft a wing when we have JOE INGLES guis. And BURKS--I hear he's going to play next year.

I ran ESPN's mock lottery machine 10 times, and 10 times it said the jazz will select SG Furkan Korkmaz with the 12th pick.

After my initial analysis of "Who?", I find it a stretch that we would draft another 2 guard even though we already have Burks, Hood, and Ingles. Maybe he'd stay overseas? Or can he play some 1? I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant of this guy, but I'm hoping to solve that a little in this thread as others chime in.

draftexpress.com

or... tune into jazzfanz for draftexpress re-heats on a player nobody has seen play.

Maybe I'm way off here but he looks much bigger and more athletic and then people are saying.

No, I think you're right. He seems to have pretty good size and athletic ability; he's just skinny is all.

His shot is a bit strange, but it goes in at a high clip. He seems to have decent ability to create, as well.

I'd be fine with him if that's who DL chooses.

No, I think you're right. He seems to have pretty good size and athletic ability; he's just skinny is all.

His shot is a bit strange, but it goes in at a high clip. He seems to have decent ability to create, as well.

I'd be fine with him if that's who DL chooses.

Yep, from what I've seen I have the same opinion on his - good size and athleticism, just skinny AF! He reminds me a bit of skinnier, a bit less athletic, but more consistently shooting Hezonja.

Ingles can go, and Burks is injury prone.
We need more shooting. I'm all for it if hes there.

He's a high volume accurate 3 pt shooter that is 6'7".

I would call him a "wing" more so than a 2.