What's new

Furkan Korkmaz - the pick according to ESPN Lottery Machine

I love this guy!And he would be the perfect fit for the jazz. First of all he is at least 6'7 and he would be more like a swingman who can play the 2/3 and not a comboguard. He is a great shooter and his athleticism is awesome for european standards which means in that category he shouldn't have any problems in the NBA unlike other european player. Taller and more athletic Belinelli should be a nice comparison for him or kind of a Hezonja with less ego. But he will be a longterm project for sure because of his very immature body which causes all of his weaknesses these problems are on the defensive side and sometimes when he drives to the basket but this would be fine. Hayward, Hood, Ingles and Burks are the 4 main guys on the wings and Furkans role in the rookie saison should be a sporadic one. Hopefully he wont stay in Europe and try to come to the nba immediately and improve his body in the US. In Europe most of the prospects arent able to reach their physical potential as quick as in the nba for some reason.

Draft Korkmaz and 3 years from now he will be fantastic, this is my timeline for him:

Rookie Season: Trash time, maybe D-League
Sophomore Season: Give him the minutes of Joe Ingles who will be a Free Agent anyway in 2017
Third Season: With a more developed body in 2 years of nba action he should be ready to explode!!!

From all the prospects in that range, he is the one with the most potential of them.

I like him too, but this might be a little too optimistic for even me.

Unless you're Philly. Ha ha.

What's everyone going to do when Philly gets the #1 pick, has Embiid healthy, Saric comes over and they win a title in 4 years?

Who am I kidding? They're gonna suck for a long time. The Clippers of this generation.

Sixers TWolves in the 2019 Finals. You heard it here first.

So the Jazz are gonna draft him in the top three? Or do they trade for another first after they win the lotto?

This year he won Turkish AllStar Slam-Dunk contest. He's just 18 years old.
He's natural born talent for scoring, his body is improving every year and his height as well. In the same time he has big problems on defending. Hope to manage it in the future.
Check it to see his athleticism.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iu7WMKr7OA

Their strategy was BPA regardless of position or immediate availability.

It is clearly not that simple in the world of Sam Hinkie.

For the Saric draft story, it depends on who you believe. If you take Hinkie at his word, he claims that they chose Payton as BPA but then were enticed to drop back to take Saric plus a future first. So in Hinkie's version of events, you are incorrect, they did not keep the BPA at 10, they swapped the BPA for a lesser player and a future first.

Most people do not believe Hinkie's story, saying instead that he "gamed" the Magic and believed that Saric was BPA at 10. And, absent the Payton gambit, they would have taken Saric at 10 over Payton.

It is inconceivable that Hinkie did not factor in the fact that their future assets (picks) would be more valuable with a "stash" prospect versus a player that would help them "win now"

Wait we're having a discussion about the lottery and it's about who we take if we stay put? BLASPHEMY

tG6r6Za.png

I actually like Timothe Luwawu more. He is very similar to Furkan, but I think Timothe is more athletic and could help translate into being a better defender as well. Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msd4OQimjDI

Also, how can you not love those pink and green jerseys???

Natural scorer but needs to muscle up bad. Usually criticized for the shying of contact and defensive effort. Awesome dunker. got the hops. I think he has the talent to play better D and bulk up a little.

Do we have any chances of moving up besides the .6% chance we have at #1? Or are we already guaranteed the 12th pick?