What's new

Gail Miller guarantees a title

She has been an awful mayor so far.
Agreed, I would be shocked if she was re-elected.

She seems like a nice person and I would probably like her personally. I probably agree with her on a lot of politics as well. But she has not been a good mayor. Mostly because she has an attitude of she knows whats best and is going to do it despite feedback and she is going to do it behind closed doors where no one on the outside knows whats going to happen.

She also just got off on a bad foot by firing every city person and making them re-apply for their job. It was very disrespectful to some great employees. We did not have widespread corruption or issues when she took over, there was no reason for that.

Agreed, I would be shocked if she was re-elected.

She seems like a nice person and I would probably like her personally. I probably agree with her on a lot of politics as well. But she has not been a good mayor. Mostly because she has an attitude of she knows whats best and is going to do it despite feedback and she is going to do it behind closed doors where no one on the outside knows whats going to happen.

She also just got off on a bad foot by firing every city person and making them re-apply for their job. It was very disrespectful to some great employees. We did not have widespread corruption or issues when she took over, there was no reason for that.

My guess is that Jim Dibakis will be the next SLC mayor

I like him more. He is better at communicating with his constituents.

I think he didn't run for reelection(current minority leader on Capitol Hill ) so that he could go after the Mayor's office. If he does I think he wins easily.

He's got the money, the experience, the message (outspoken critic of Biskuspk's general ineptitude and adversarial approach to everything), and the liberal cred (dude successfully sued the state of Utah for the right to marry his husband).

I would put good money on him being the next Mayor

In Salt Lake City, no.

The mayor of Salt Lake City is a a lesbian woman. I don't know when the last time Salt Lake had a Republican mayor. Salt Lake City is not the LDS stronghold, that's Provo. Utah County is the seat of LDS power. They lost Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County a long long time ago.

I'm a proud non-LDS Utah native. I grew up in SLC proper. This is my city, this is my state! I get to have my home. Salt Lake City is ****ing awesome!

Wow! You should be so proud of your non LDS status in life. What an accomplishment!

Seriously though. I dont think anyone gives a **** whether or not you believe in a god. Your theophobia is hilarious. It makes me think you actually believe in god, but are just mad at him for not granting you your wishes. Lol.

You definitely are a closet religion guy.

Wow! You should be so proud of your non LDS status in life. What an accomplishment!

Seriously though. I dont think anyone gives a **** whether or not you believe in a god. Your theophobia is hilarious. It makes me think you actually believe in god, but are just mad at him for not granting you your wishes. Lol.

You definitely are a closet religion guy.
Lol

Gail's book is pretty good for what it was. Larry's book is much more informative and entertaining.

SLC is likely the only county in Utah that does not have a majority of LDS folks, but I don't think it is 80% (yet). More like 60%, I would think. But I guess we won't really know until after the 2020 census.

Edit: I found the following map, which shows that 4 counties have less than 50% LDS. This info is probably from the 2010 census so will have obviously changed, especially in Salt Lake County.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/utah/2250518-percent-lds-county.html

Gail's book is pretty good for what it was. Larry's book is much more informative and entertaining.

SLC is likely the only county in Utah that does not have a majority of LDS folks, but I don't think it is 80% (yet). More like 60%, I would think. But I guess we won't really know until after the 2020 census.

Edit: I found the following map, which shows that 4 counties have less than 50% LDS. This info is probably from the 2010 census so will have obviously changed, especially in Salt Lake County.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/utah/2250518-percent-lds-county.html

I just spoke to someone who does demographics for the LDS church a few weeks ago. He said that SLC is around 40% LDS currently by their standards but 1/2 or more of those individuals would not consider themselves LDS. So his best estimate is around 20%, but said he could see it being even lower because 1/2 is the general rule of thumb for LDS populations but he thought SLC might be even more that are counted as LDS but arent active and/or dont consider themselves LDS.

Plus living in SLC it is pretty rare to run into a neighbor that is LDS. No one on my street is, but I live downtown. There are probably some pockets is some areas.