What's new

Game 14: Jazz @ Mavericks 6:30 MT

I thought the four game losing streak with Toronto pounding us on the fourth game would be the wake up call of the season, this game will be more defining.

Everyone will say forget about it and move on, but this has got to get into the players minds.

Mitchell played with emotion and energy last season and energized his teamates. Not so this year. His stats are similar (except his 3pt percentage is lower) but he has looked rather pedestrian. Jazz try to use him in iso ball and he hasnt looked dominate doing it. I think he is still hurt .
If he has a switch to a higher level like we all hope now would be a great time to flip it.

I agree. Last year Donovan would consistently provide that spark right when we needed it. This year he seems afraid to shoot at times. And think of all the times he's shown pain. He's tough as nails but he's not all there physically.

I haven’t given up on Rubio. I wanna give him another 20 games or so before being too harsh. That said, I’m thinking of alternatives for next year.

Kemba is really attractive to me as a sidekick to Mitchell. He can hit the three at an above average clip on crazy high volume, and for whatever reason (college I guess), I would trust him to hit a big shot. But for those who have watched him:
1. How is he at running an offense and making those around him better?
2. How is he defensively?
3. What are his major weaknesses? I would guess switchability is one. What else?

I haven’t given up on Rubio. I wanna give him another 20 games or so before being too harsh. That said, I’m thinking of alternatives for next year.

Kemba is really attractive to me as a sidekick to Mitchell. He can hit the three at an above average clip on crazy high volume, and for whatever reason (college I guess), I would trust him to hit a big shot. But for those who have watched him:
1. How is he at running an offense and making those around him better?
2. How is he defensively?
3. What are his major weaknesses? I would guess switchability is one. What else?

Dr-GDbXVYAAsn7n.jpg:large

DsDLnA8VAAEzpWX.jpg:large

According to the graphs, a little worse defensively but waaaaaaaaaay better offensively.

I’d like more in depth input from Cy, stitches, NAOS or someone else. Though NAOS is a huge 3 and d guy so I don’t know if he’d like Kemba.

I think kemba isn't the best defender, but rubio is prolly right there in terms of bad defense. I doubt he leaves Charlotte though.

According to the graphs, a little worse defensively but waaaaaaaaaay better offensively.

I’d like more in depth input from Cy, stitches, NAOS or someone else. Though NAOS is a huge 3 and d guy so I don’t know if he’d like Kemba.

I think all of them would take Kemba in a heartbeat. Defensively we’d be really undersized at the guard position but he’s elite offensively and continues to improve. Backend of the contract may be rough.

I think Charlotte gives him the 5 year deal or he goes to NY or another big market.

All he has to do on defense is fight over screens and funnel to Rudy. Rudy can cover most of this up.