What's new

Game #2: Jazz vs Hornets, 11/02/12 - 6:00 PM MST - Root Sports

tommorows game is lsot
jefferson and co will get the jazz in a hole.
the bench will frantically fight to get the game back
they will come close/or get a lead.
then jeffy and co get back in
jeffy will say ooh noos spurs are the pwnzor, pee his pants and spurs will go on a run and win by blowout.

no matter who makes the game thread, it will happen.
only thin that can save us is corbin sending a message to the vets
by starting burks, murphy, hayward, kanter and favors.
will light a fire under the vets asses.
and jazz will start of playing defense.

instead of watching jeffy and co with no defense and horrible body language

OK, after reading this I am fine with anyone except DutchJazzer creating the game thread.

Also, Ryan Anderson not being guarded at the end of the game was just so bad that it's hard to put into words. All that guy does is hit 3s, and he was open for one at the end. I really have no idea how that happens.
Anderson started to cut baseline under a double(triple?)-screen as the ball was dribbled up to the 45. Instead of following him, Millsap went over the screen(s) at the foul line, looking to pick him up on the far side, anticipating him coming up to the opposite 45. However, Anderson stopped and reversed under the basket while Millsap kept going to the opposite elbow before he realised Anderson had cut back to the corner. Jefferson was closest to Anderson and tried to close him out as the pass came, but was too late.

Basically a smart play by Anderson, aided by poor D by Millsap, who either lost sight of his man or just reacted too slowly to the reverse cut - he was still headed for the 45 when Anderson was halfway to the corner - and poor coaching by Corbin, having Jefferson in instead of the more mobile Favors. Credit Jefferson for recognising the danger, reacting to it and trying to get there, but physically he wasn't up to it.

Anderson started to cut baseline under a double(triple?)-screen as the ball was dribbled up to the 45. Instead of following him, Millsap went over the screen(s) at the foul line, looking to pick him up on the far side, anticipating him coming up to the opposite 45. However, Anderson stopped and reversed under the basket while Millsap kept going to the opposite elbow before he realised Anderson had cut back to the corner. Jefferson was closest to Anderson and tried to close him out as the pass came, but was too late.

Basically a smart play by Anderson, aided by poor D by Millsap, who either lost sight of his man or just reacted too slowly to the reverse cut - he was still headed for the 45 when Anderson was halfway to the corner - and poor coaching by Corbin, having Jefferson in instead of the more mobile Favors. Credit Jefferson for recognising the danger, reacting to it and trying to get there, but physically he wasn't up to it.

where the jazz best defensive players in the game?
NO
thereby corbin did not do all he could to get the win.
dont matter what happened.

Huge loss. With our brutal early schedule ahead this was a game we had to have.
Again we come into New Orleans, and put up a stinker.

We were pushing too much, and looked sloppy.

I couldn't stand it when we'd leave Ryan Anderson for a second. Why would we you leave him to help someone else?
We got burned several times. It kills when when we play this way.

Marvin Williams played horrible. He is given a pass for this game, but we do know he's human now.

Big Al how many times did you stand like a statue, and let people glide to the rim. Davis would have had a monster game had he not got hurt.
Just watch the way he plays on every possession compared to Kanter or Favors. It's disgusting to see how many plays he takes off.

I think Burks would have thrived in a game like this. He should have been given some burn.

Disgusting loss, and now we are going to get torn apart by the Spurs. 1-2 here we come.

I know its already been said 1,000 times, but Burks legitimately needs minutes.

Cut Tinsley's minutes.

And tell Foye to stop chucking.

wtf was that?

didn't saw the game, but it supposed to be an east win.. i mean this noh team is a peace of scrubs with a rookie as a best player and a 2nd best player injured and 3rd best player can only shoot 3's

let me guess.. Ty Corbin? BigAl?

Truth? You watched that game and concluded from it that Sap is a smart player? What? You want Kanter to create his own shot and make it 'For example he should attempt shot instead of passing 3 sec left on shot clock'? Do you know why he'd pass it out? Maybe because his slow *** got caught in a triple team nearly every time he was fed in the post (how many times was he fed in the post again? Like 8 times?)

I dont need to watch this game to conclude Millsap is a smart player, he is the smartest in this team together with Hayward. He plays with his brain for sure (the thing i doubt you have).

And kanter doesnt pass because of his slow ***, just he is inexperienced and he is still not confident enough as he is supposed to be. The thing which is bugging me about this team is, we still dont know who are we? Who we wanna be? The moves this offseason showed me that management want us to be the same team as last year, make the playoffs and thats it, as a supporter i am not buying that. I want to see people who will be our franchise cornerstones (Hayward , Favors and Kanter) taking more responsibility, i dont care how young they are or how many mistakes they do.

As long as we will have Big Al cancer on this team we will not take one step forward, we can only get couple of nice wins and it will be enough to excite guys like you i am sure, but i rather see a consistent winner who will be contender in 2-3 years.

Dude. Scrap the box score. Think back to the game, and try to remember how many iso-posessions Kanter had on the block, that he passed out after moving at the pace of a snail, and finding his body smothered by a triple team. Then, see my post on page 17 directed towards Sepanol.

You simply cannot say that they didn't go to Kanter, because that isn't true. They tried several times, and failed.

That is all.

Yeah Kanter sucked this game, so probably he will suck for good, lets trade him and offer maximum contract to Big Al, someone needs to make stats right?

When the threes are not falling (5-18 when Big Al on the floor) we`re the same ol` Jazz team. When it happens Big Al will fell in love with his 12 - 15 foot jumpers instead of kicking it out and if im not mistaken every shot he took really were 12 - 15 foot jumpers. And guess what; 10 points with 13 shots and 0 foul attempt against a foul prone like Robin Lopez...

In a night when you you can`t shoot threes you can drive to the basket and draw fouls against their slow-footed bigs. And the best player on your roster who can do that perfectly has played 0 minute. I know that had been said 1001 times, lets make it 1002.

I think the thing with Kanter last night is he was waiting to draw in the double or triple team and then pass it out. I don't think he had any intenton of posting up. In the preseason and game 1 he started out like a bat out of hell, then they started double and triple teaming him and he was completely unprepared mentally. After that game he probably got an earful about passing out of those and took it to heart last night. With experience he wil learn to either make a move before the help comes or pass out quicker. Enes has already shown the quickness and raw skills, but a confused mind can make anyone look slow.

I know its already been said 1,000 times, but Burks legitimately needs minutes.

Cut Tinsley's minutes.

And tell Foye to stop chucking.

Totally agree with the above.

Foye is a real chucker. He is making shots now but look out when he doesn't.

Problem with our O is we have almost no ball movement because once Al/Sap or Chucker (Foye) gets it, more times than not it ends there.

Hayward coming in with 2 mins left ? Either bring him(or anyone in) with 4+ to go or leave them out. Can't even get the blood flowing in that time frame.

You have to wonder about the extra minutes Marvin got tonight. He was pretty invisible. Happy to see him come in for Carroll, but anyone coming in for Carroll would have been good. Would have much rather seen Hayward come in for Carroll in the 4th since he had a solid 3rd. Weird because he played the hot hand with Foye, but shorted Hayward when he was playing better than Marvin.

Not that wierd when you consider that marvin is older than hayward..... if you look at it that way then it makes complete sense..... oh and carroll is gritty and played 4 years of college, so therefore he has to play.

This is only the second game of the season and we don't know ANYTHING about what is going on during practice. I think we should all just chill out and let the players and coaches adjust to some REAL NBA games - after all, training camp and preseason can only simulate things to a certain degree. If this was the 42nd game into the season, I would agree with the complaints, but this is not the case right now!

CHILL OUT!

This is only the second game of the season and we don't know ANYTHING about what is going on during practice. I think we should all just chill out and let the players and coaches adjust to some REAL NBA games - after all, training camp and preseason can only simulate things to a certain degree. If this was the 42nd game into the season, I would agree with the complaints, but this is not the case right now!

CHILL OUT!

But this is JazzFanz.

It was a good play they ran and difficult to defend. Not saying the Jazz played it well, but it was a nice play NO ran. But yes, why not sub in a better defender on Anderson at that time?

I really don't like Carroll, but I'll admit he's played better than his shooting percentage. Still, we're inching toward a Roger Bell situation here playing playing a guy who only has perceived value while overlooking players who can actually contribute. I'd rather experiment with the small Tinsley/Foye/Burks lineup. Until Kanter/Favors are ready to score on the block dependably, we need another offensive spark on the second unit, and Carroll is a purely opportunistic basket/break scorer.

With the lineups we are currently using, I think it would make more sense for Carroll to start. That way you have one non-scorer, Carroll, on the floor with 4 scorers. When you have him out there with Tinsley-Foye-Kanter-Favors the only proven scorer is Foye, not a good mix. Put Marv in with those guys and give him his regular minutes.

Both teams really tried hard to out-suck each other, but in the end the Jazz were able to suck just a little bit worse.

I wouldn't have been happy about this game even if the Jazz had pulled out the win. Just crappy basketball.

CHILL OUT!

how long will we give the coaches time to adjsut.
same problems as previous years.
this isnt a one game thing.
no offense/defense sub.
big al chucking not playing defense