What's new

Game #2: Jazz vs Hornets, 11/02/12 - 6:00 PM MST - Root Sports

You have to wonder about the extra minutes Marvin got tonight. He was pretty invisible. Happy to see him come in for Carroll, but anyone coming in for Carroll would have been good. Would have much rather seen Hayward come in for Carroll in the 4th since he had a solid 3rd. Weird because he played the hot hand with Foye, but shorted Hayward when he was playing better than Marvin.

Reactions: MVP
I keep hearing this but somehow the bench consistently gets us back in games only for Jefferson to return and **** it up.

that is a myth, it's a fairytale.
sadly we live in a world where certain (stupid) people will believe in myths and fairy tales.

we will do fine without al's "offense". jazz played better without al on the floor.

please stop believing and reinforcing the myth
edit: it was meant to the guy you where responding to

That game was a disgrace.

The Jazz have monumental issues drawing fouls all game, yet the guy who can draw fouls gets a DNP-CD. Ty's rotations absolutely monumentally sucked tonight. Tinsley playing until like 5 minutes left in the fourth was puzzling, and Marv getting more minutes than Hayward despite Marv sucking it up was also just a ****ing head scratcher.

Also, Ryan Anderson not being guarded at the end of the game was just so bad that it's hard to put into words. All that guy does is hit 3s, and he was open for one at the end. I really have no idea how that happens.

Jazz should have rolled with Davis out. This is a classic example of one of those games that adds up to the Jazz getting a 7th to 8th seed instead of a 4th to 5th seed.

That game was a disgrace.

The Jazz have monumental issues drawing fouls all game, yet the guy who can draw fouls gets a DNP-CD. Ty's rotations absolutely monumentally sucked tonight. Tinsley playing until like 5 minutes left in the fourth was puzzling, and Marv getting more minutes than Hayward despite Marv sucking it up was also just a ****ing head scratcher.

Also, Ryan Anderson not being guarded at the end of the game was just so bad that it's hard to put into words. All that guy does is hit 3s, and he was open for one at the end. I really have no idea how that happens.

Jazz should have rolled with Davis out. This is a classic example of one of those games that adds up to the Jazz getting a 7th to 8th seed instead of a 4th to 5th seed.

Good post.

if we're going to barely win/lose games, why even bother with the "vets"? I would rather see us lose by 30 with the younger guys on the court than see is barely lose with "vets" and carroll?????? I'm ready for the youth movement. Move AJ, move SAP, move MoWill and try to get an upgrade on the wings/pg.

if we're going to barely win/lose games, why even bother with the "vets"? I would rather see us lose by 30 with the younger guys on the court than see is barely lose with "vets" and carroll?????? I'm ready for the youth movement. Move AJ, move SAP, move MoWill and try to get an upgrade on the wings/pg.

This has been posted more than a thousand times, I bet, going back to last year. Not seeing it happening.

So I guess due to some weird end of the game substitution rules Corbin couldn't sub Favors in

Not true.

This was sent out in response to Locke saying the same thing as you

"@johnhollinger: @lockedonsports they put in Anderson for Smith"

Now what is the excuse?

Guys don't worry, listen to this:

"We learned a lesson," [said] Utah coach Tyrone Corbin. "We have to be more aggressive at the start of the game and play all 48 minutes. We didn't play our best basketball."

That was the problem. They didn't know about playing aggressively and for 48 minutes. I was wondering about that. Things should get better now that they've learned that lesson.

Good night.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

On the road? We refuse to play d, box out, and control the game by driving, scoring inside, and getting to the FT line. Despite not having Davis, they still outscored us by 20 in the paint 56-36. How is that possible??? Their frontline consisted of sideshow bob and mini Memo. Sideshow Bob nearly outscored both Millsap, Jefferson, and Favors by himself. Not acceptable.

These types of dumpers on the road makes a huge difference com playoff time. How many more times do we need to end up with a crappy seed to be demolished by the Spurs/Lakers because we refused to take care of business against crappy lotto teams on the road?

That was the problem. They didn't know about playing aggressively and for 48 minutes. I was wondering about that. Things should get better now that they've learned that lesson.

Good night.

Don't throw the ball late over the middle? Don't throw off you back foot with 3 defenders grabbing you? Play aggressively for 48 minutes? Lesson learned!

images

BTW, the most painful moment of the night was not losing the game or watching Jefferson attempt to play defense or making Robin Lopez look like a superstar. The most painful moment was reading the comment about watching Davis and hoping that Favors could be that player this year, then reaching inside and realizing that you completely agree and your homerism can't justify why Favors is not there..................

.....please play the young guys more.

I love Kanter's new aggressiveness, but I agree with Harp when he said tonight that opposing teams are going to scheme against it. Last year, the book was don't worry. This year, the book is double him and he's worthless. His learning curve has changed in a good way, but tonight it showed that he still has a lot to learn.

At least Kanter is making the pass this year, last year he would just throw up a prayer or get blocked. Next step is for him to not panic as much and make a faster, crisper pass so the defense can't recover.

Good night.

thats the only lesson he learned?

i saw many lessons to be learned

atleast he learned 1 of them

Where is nightmare? He needs to start the new game thread before some jack wagon does it and screws up tomorrow's game for the Jazz.

tommorows game is lsot
jefferson and co will get the jazz in a hole.
the bench will frantically fight to get the game back
they will come close/or get a lead.
then jeffy and co get back in
jeffy will say ooh noos spurs are the pwnzor, pee his pants and spurs will go on a run and win by blowout.

no matter who makes the game thread, it will happen.
only thin that can save us is corbin sending a message to the vets
by starting burks, murphy, hayward, kanter and favors.
will light a fire under the vets asses.
and jazz will start of playing defense.

instead of watching jeffy and co with no defense and horrible body language