What's new

Game 37: Must Win Vs Knicks

You can't tell me with a straight face that Philadelphia is a soft team lol.

He got most his points off TJ McConnell who is not exactly a lockdown defender. Who by the way put up a few points himself .

Still he's been impressive the last couple games. Let's hope he can keep it up.

He got most his points off TJ McConnell who is not exactly a lockdown defender. Who by the way put up a few points himself .

Still he's been impressive the last couple games. Let's hope he can keep it up.
He's not a lock down defender but he isn't soft, and Brett Brown always manages to keep one of his best 3 guys on the floor and Exum still played well. The dude hit a pull up 3 on Embiid lol.

Also in the first half I think korver had only played like 15 minutes and was a +35. Wtf
Crazy stat of the night - Jazz win by 32, Noah Vonleh starts, plays half the game and finishes +11

You can base an MIT thesis paper off that anomaly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He played at the start of the 3rd quarter where the Jazz really didnt care. He probably subbed out when they started caring again.

He also got in early foul trouble in the 1st, so he didnt get the full shellacking on his +/- total

Knicks played with more energy to start the second half... not like they could play with less energy.

I think Vonleh is actually a good third big on a good team... Dotson looks solid... Knox has a lot of potential... the rest is bad... including Tim Hardaway... guy is empty stats.

Funny how when Exum plays well, some people complain that its against crap opposition......

But Mitchell still sucked against this terrible opposition and there's hardly a word said.

My observations from tonight:

That Kornet guy. Man. I’m a little baffled when I look at his stats because he wasn’t necessarily an amazing shooter in college from deep, at only 32%. Last year in the D League he shot 44% from deep on 6 attempts per game, a total of 207 attempts. This year in D League he’s 47.5% (29/61). For the year with the Knicks he’s 46.7% (21/45). Watching him was like watching Novak on the Knicks. I remember when Novak was on the Knicks and wishing we had someone who could light it up (sometime shortly after we let Korver walk). That guy had a really quick release, too. Not sure if he can do anything else, but he’s interesting and also kind of an anomaly compared to his college game.

Favors’ threes looked quick and comfortable. He needs more above the break. His jump shots are from there any way, just need to be back a few more feet. If he can wind up for a couple of those attempts per game and connect on a decent clip, then it’s game over. If he shows he can do that in the second half of the season, then it changes some of the calculus. If we continue to start our normal lineup, I’d have him put one up by the first quarter of each game.

Udoh is a beast. And he’s better than Bradley. We have Bradley under contract next year. We really need to be bringing back Udoh.

Exum's played some soft teams and he's been able to exploit them.

Toronto will be the real test as they have a complete team on both ends w/ good defensive guards.
Ha! And what will you say if he slays against Toronto? It’s only one game, they have crap guards? Or perhaps give some credit when it’s due?