What's new

Game 4: GSW @ Utah 7:00 pm MST

I wanna see all our guys playing angry and aggressive in the 2nd half.

Everything but. There was little energy and about the start of the 4th the crowd even gave up. Everyone but Exum was tentative and rather that taking some fairly wide open shots they'd pass the ball or dribble around until they had to jack up a shot. I think quite a few players had already given up and were half assing it.

On the 1 hand I hope the Jazz can pull out at least a win in this series.

But on the other, a sweep would certainly put the GSW situation in the spotlight for the Commissioner and the League to discuss in the offseason about how to maintain parity and competitiveness in the League when a team is able to accumulate 4 All Stars without repercussion. I know Adam Silver had felt very strongly about this in the past and I sincerely hope something is done about it.

I can't even begin to imagine what all these 4-0 series are doing to the TV ratings. They've gotta be wayyy down this year.

This isn't an on-going issue. It happened mainly because of the biggest cap jump in NBA history giving everyone cap room, even teams that would normally be capped out.

And the league/owners tried to get the cap increase spread out over several seasons, but the players union wasn't having it. The league didn't want to risk another lockout, what with everybody making boatloads of cash after the latest tv deal.

This isn't an on-going issue. It happened mainly because of the biggest cap jump in NBA history giving everyone cap room, even teams that would normally be capped out.

And the league/owners tried to get the cap increase spread out over several seasons, but the players union wasn't having it. The league didn't want to risk another lockout, what with everybody making boatloads of cash after the latest tv deal.

Well they need to do something, people are starting to complain that these are the most boring playoffs ever.

Peter Vecsey‏Verified account @PeterVecsey1 6m6 minutes ago
More
North Korean election is more compelling than the NBA playoffs...

You can hate, but wishing ill will on a team because they are actually good? The talent was better and they won fair and square.

You got a point. No reason to hate on GS, except for that gutless wonder KD.

As for their fans, I hope they all have an industrial accident that squishes their man berries till they pop. Especially the douchy ones who troll other boards.

Well they need to do something, people are starting to complain that these are the most boring playoffs ever.

The salary issues will catch up with GS, don't worry. As for the East, what do you expect? LeBron is a badass and other than that the Cavs aren't unfairly stacked like the dubs.

There will always be ring chasers that play for less for a chance to win a ring. Nothing they can or should do about that.

I mean, for all the crying people did about Lebron, Wade and Bosh taking less money to team up, those same people turn around and praise Spurs players for doing essentially the same thing.

The league doesn't have an issue to address, other than insisting next time around that a big cap jump be spread out. Had they done that this time around, they would have probably had a lockout and then people would be complaining about that instead. The Warriors have a good chance to win several championships, but things will level out at some point.

The salary issues will catch up with GS, don't worry. As for the East, what do you expect? LeBron is a badass and other than that the Cavs aren't unfairly stacked like the dubs.

There will always be ring chasers that play for less for a chance to win a ring. Nothing they can or should do about that.

I mean, for all the crying people did about Lebron, Wade and Bosh taking less money to team up, those same people turn around and praise Spurs players for doing essentially the same thing.

The league doesn't have an issue to address, other than insisting next time around that a big cap jump be spread out. Had they done that this time around, they would have probably had a lockout and then people would be complaining about that instead. The Warriors have a good chance to win several championships, but things will level out at some point.

They can afford to pay the tax San Francisco is not OKC.

I have a feeling GS can, and will, keep paying luxury tax as long as they keep winning. They're building a freaking stadium out of their very own pocket for crying out loud.

They can afford to pay the tax San Francisco is not OKC.

Yeah I agree.

It's also why I think the League should seriously look at a Hard Cap going forward. It's becoming more and more unfair for smaller market teams if these 'stars' are going to keep 'teaming up' to try to win a ring.

Positive to all these injuries: Leaves a possible window of hope to Hayward of "What if"

If we are fully healthy with hill and get swept, or lose in convincing 4-1 fashion, might be less rosy of an outlook.

funny thing that "what if"....

the thing is anything can be a what if.

Yeah, we will see. I just want to see how this Warriors team responds to real pressure. Who gets the ball in crunch time? Do they go to Durant isolations or do they play classic Warriors basketball with Curry?

The ****ty thing though, if GSW loses, is that it justifies Durant's decision to join GSW. Lebron would be solidified as the GOAT and the only way to beat him is to form a ridiculous super team, and even then you will still lose because Lebron ****ing James.
That would be awesome

Now I root for Deron Williams and Kyle Korver to get rings.

I'd love for them to knock off the mighty Warriors.

Draymond Green: "Nah, but I think Utah is still playing good basketball," he said. "Regardless if they win or not, I think we're a better team. But at the same time, they still play a good brand of basketball."

He's talking about the poor competition that the Cavs have faced.

Draymond Green: "Nah, but I think Utah is still playing good basketball," he said. "Regardless if they win or not, I think we're a better team. But at the same time, they still play a good brand of basketball."

He's talking about the poor competition that the Cavs have faced.
Draymond is a bonafide moron.