What's new

Game 53: Jazz @ Kings 2/7 8:00 MT

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest
I'm going to this one, so I figured I may as well start the game thread.

Kings (12-35) vs. Jazz (30-22)

When: 10:00 PM ET, Monday, February 7, 2011
Where: Arco Arena, Sacramento, California

THE STORY: The slumping Utah Jazz seek solutions when they tangle with the scuffling Sacramento Kings on Monday. Utah has lost nine of 12 and speculation has begun about the future of star point guard Deron Williams, whose contract expires after 2012. The Kings start the second half of a six-game homestand against clubs all above .550. Sacramento started the stand with a win over New Orleans before losses to Boston and San Antonio.
LINK

Injuries:

Kirilenko: Probable (ankle)
Okur: Out (back)
------------------
Thompson: Probable (ankle)
Garcia: Out (calf)

S

Okur is such garbage. A freaking SLOTH as it is, just imagine when he comes back from the latest injury. Any advantage of him "spreading the floor" is immediately flushed down the toilet with his defensive ineptitude...made worse now with his injuries. Ideally he would replace Harpring.

Kings by 10+.

W

Edit: I finally listened to Dwill's post game interview after the thunder game. I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't sound broken like Raja did. This is a good sign to me.

Last edited:
S

No reason, just had to finish the word.
I hope it's a win and they play like they did against Denver, but the jazz play like a box of chocolates.
You never know what you're going to get.

I am not as down on the Jazz will to win as you all are. If not for our bench we might not have lost the OKC game, that goes for the Spurs game as well. That might say something about the front office letting multiple shooting guards walk away and starting ronnie price at the 2, but at least our first unit is showing us something. And our second unit thanks to Watson and Miles can be inconsistently good. It will be enough to beat the kings.

Obvious win.

Kings have to much talent to only have won 12 games. As long as Miles scores 15 and shoot around 50% this will be a W.

I put 10$ for the Jazz to cover the spread on this game, better win by more than 3 points.

The first and last bet I have ever made was on the Jazz @ Kings game last year that I went to. Put $20 on the Jazz to cover...and they lost. Never betting on a Jazz game again (probably any game for that matter). I'm too poor to be doing it anyways...

The Jazz have rarely played well at Arco for a long time, even when the Kings have been horrible. This will be the 5th Jazz/Kings game I've been to here and the only one the Jazz won was back with ole' John and Karl. One player seemingly always takes over the game in the 4th quarter (John Salmons and Tyreke Evans I remember specifically). I'm not optimistic about tonight, but what the hell, they're practically giving away Kings tix these days.

Well not sure how well AK will play coming back after missing the last few it seems he usually takes a game or two to get back but he was playing very well before the ankle.
Hopefully DWill can shoot straight, as well as he played at DNV he still shot poor and against OKC was even worse. Also it'd be nice if someone from the bench shows up unlike OKC, Watson had been pretty good as of late and so he prolly was due for a bad game (OKC) but CJ or Watson both cannot be no shows, hopefully Hayward and Evans will get some burn but we'll prolly see Price especially since this is his old team.