What's new

Game 58: Jazz at Thunder, Feb 22 7:30pm mtn

The Jazz were up by 5 with 2 mins left and had two bad turnovers in the ensuing minute.
The Jazz were up by 3 with under 20 secs left, but Gobert fouled Grant to give up a 3-pt play.

Jazz just made too many mistakes.
I agree with this. The turnovers and bogus 3 point plays for OKC in the last two minutes really hurt us.

OT was just OT. So much iso and lack of creativity. If Donovan was called as tight as OKC was at the end of regulation, we would have won.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan tried to do what he could but maybe it was Quinn's fault for not trying something else (?). All we did with Donovan was him isoing and bulldozing into the paint AT LEAST 8 times.

Okay so whose hands do you want the ball in if you don't want it in the hands of our best offensive player? Who is creating and getting us a good look if not Donovan? Nobody.

You're blaming Donovan when the problem isn't him. The problem is that we lack a second option who can create or at least be a threat to create. We can run sets all day but in those situations the opponent knows it's going to end up in Donovans hands anyway because he's our only creator so I don't mind Quin calling Iso and just letting Donovan try to get mismatches with screens.

We just need a secondary creator and scorer man. That's the issue. If we had one Donovan would be much more efficient and effective because he'd get better looks and be able to save some energy

You know, that play where Paul George batted the ball into our backcourt in OT was a pretty hard foul by PG on Rubio. Not complaining, but no way Westbrook wouldn't get that call.

Just finished watching the game. It seemed like everytime the jazz were going to put the game away they’d shoot them selves in the damn foot, and my god, they had a ton of lazy pass turnovers drove me crazy

Let’s call it the way it is, Rubio is giving us zero.

If he could create easy buckets for others and defend? That might make up for his inability to shoot and keep defenses honest. Unfortunately, he can’t even do that. So what can he do? What are our PGs supposed to be able to do? I’m genuinely interested.

Often, Stockton would pass up shots to get better shots for others. On those games that his shot wasn’t going in, his defense and ability to create made up for it. I think we’ve forgotten what it’s like to have a PG like Stockton or Deron who could create easy looks for others.

I really wish we would’ve improved this team over the offseason. Why didn’t we draft a PG? At least one that could either create or hit shots?

I would cry at how beautiful our offense would be with Stephen Curry at point guard.

I’ve never wanted a player on my team more.

Yeah, this was an amalgamation of key mistakes by multiple Jazz players at different times, some more than others. As much as you can point at Ricky, 6 assists/8 TO's, Rudy lost focus a few times, Mitchell had his bad moments etc. We truly lost this one as a team.

Rubio's 8 TO's must be a career-high and that's inexcusable. But this loss was on the whole team. This game was won like 15 times and eventually one player or another would screw up.

Rubio made a clutch 3 that put us up 3 with 30 seconds left and Rudy immediately fouled a guy dunking the ball for a 3 point-play which tied game. He doesn't foul and we get the ball up 1 with barely 26 seconds left.
What about Favors (who was great) passing the ball to an OKC fan. We were up 5 with 50 seconds left.

If blaming the loss entirely on the PG makes you feel better go ahead.

Seems like with a player like, I don't know Mike Conley maybe, the outcome would have probably been different.

Rubio's 8 TO's must be a career-high and that's inexcusable. But this loss was on the whole team. This game was won like 15 times and eventually one player or another would screw up.

Rubio made a clutch 3 that put us up 3 with 30 seconds left and Rudy immediately fouled a guy dunking the ball for a 3 point-play which tied game. He doesn't foul and we get the ball up 1 with barely 26 seconds left.
What about Favors (who was great) passing the ball to an OKC fan. We were up 5 with 50 seconds left.

If blaming the loss entirely on the PG makes you feel better go ahead.

Rubio has had 3 games now with 8 TO's so it ties his career high.

Gobert did foul him but it was a pretty weak call in comparison to what they were doing to us. Plus I dont blame Gobert for trying to block a shot. That wasnt really that bad of a play. If he did block him or alter his shot then we are up as well even more.

Pretty much everyone made mistakes. Rubio just made the most, so he is the most to blame.

8 turnovers by Ricky Rubio...

I will forgive the Favors turnover only because he was trying to pass it to Rubio who has been playing mind tricks with him all season.

Swap Kyle Lowry for Rubio and Donovan goes 2 - 4 to close out the OT with Lowry going 2 - 4 as well.