What's new

Game nr. 11 Utah Jazz vs Philadelphia 76ers, November 7th, 7pm MT.

wooo our next game is Friday. We get to marinate in this **** for a bit. awesome.

Luckily I'm going to pass. Soccer night: Peru (my country) vs New Zealand for the World Cup playoffs. We haven't qualified in 35 years. So yeah...soccer>bball (at least on Friday)

Lol what's all this cartoon stuff about?

It's my way of coping.

Snyder on the sideline like....

2Z3QbJPW_400x400.jpg

Thirty percent FG. Geez. This team believed all those reports that our offense would suck, I guess. Power of the press.

He has next to 0% chance to succeed to anyone's expectations of what he could/should be in this offense. It's just aggravating to see people turn him into a scapegoat when the things he is strong at arent used. It's like if you took JJ Redick and asked him to be a go-to scorer who runs PNR and never ran him any off ball screen action. He would be bad in that role, but it wouldn't mean he sucks.

I don't really go after Favors cause my expectations of him has been set over the years. My bar for that dude is really low. I hate his corner 3's this year though.

Favors can't even bend over to tie his shoes at this point. To say he's fluid is a bad interpretation. He's damn near worthless as a starting power forward in the current NBA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Favors has moved well this year. He isn't as explosive at 14/15 Favors, but he still gets above the rim gracefully out of the PNR.

Favors with 5 pts and 2 rebs. against mediocre defenders.

Just lame.

But didn't he look great camped out in the corner shooting threes?

Now if we could only figure out why a team with no center out rebounded the jazz by double digits....

Now if we could only figure out why a team with no center out rebounded the jazz by double digits....

The rebounding was skewed by the Jazz missing an inordinate number of shots. Obviously, Favors should have had more boards, but rebounding wasn't a big issue tonight. Shooting was a big issue.

i also feel bad for rudy. he has no room at all. always surrounded by 3 -4 people. guards need to step up and make shot.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I get the vibe that Favors doesn't really want to be here. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's not playing hard consistently.

Are you serious?

The Jazz won the rebound battle bud. They had a higher defensive rebound percentage and offensive rebound percentage.

Pro tip: Raw rebounding numbers arent an accurate account of who out-rebounded who. When the Jazz shoot 30% from the field, there is going to be a larger number of rebounds available to the opposing team.

Favors has moved well this year. He isn't as explosive at 14/15 Favors, but he still gets above the rim gracefully out of the PNR.
did you watch him. He has had like 6 dunks the whole year you're making it sound like he's putting up 20 a night.
He isn't even rebounding. The Jazz shot 28% and he ended up with 2 freaking rebounds. Rebounds are the measure of a bigs effort. The fact is he's not good. He's playing lazy and he's not fitting in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The rebounding was skewed by the Jazz missing an inordinate number of shots. Obviously, Favors should have had more boards, but rebounding wasn't a big issue tonight. Shooting was a big issue.

Jazz won the rebounding battle. It was a positive for teh Jazz. IDK why people are so ignorant on reading rebounding stats.

Favors doesn't suck. He is an above average defender with some offensive skills: good PNR player with great touch around the rim and a decent 18 footer. I can see him averaging 12 or 13ppg, 7rpg in the right team/system. That's pretty decent.

Gotta agree with Cy. He has no major role in Utah's offense. He stands in the corner, sets some half-decent screens, fights for some O rebounds. Maybe and a couple of jumpers per game but no PNR actions which is his strength (or used to be). No way he comes back.