What's new

Game nr. 11 Utah Jazz vs Philadelphia 76ers, November 7th, 7pm MT.

I was thinking about Lyles after Joe Johnson went out. He might be loving it here now. His shooting percentage and shot selection would suddenly look so much better when compared to this current batch of jazzmen.
deleted

And I think the Jazz should trade Favors btw, but the problem is almost 0 teams need a center. The one team where I think Favors might kind of make sense is Chicago for Mirotic, but that can't happen til January.

The other would be Milwaukee, but they have nothing they could give us back that makes sense for either side (I don't think they are just giving away Parker and giving up draft picks for another perpetually injured guy drafted in 2014 is worrisome.

I'm guessing this is the problem DL faced in the off-season. Trading centers is just tough unless you are flat out giving them away. Why would teams give up anything for Favors when they could just sign him in UFA where he wont have a huge market?

Couldn't Favors fit in with the Cavs?

well at least we don't have 3 all stars and lost to the kings

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Couldn't Favors fit in with the Cavs?

Super hard to work out any trades w/ the Cavs because they are so far over the LT.

And I don't think he makes much sense for them since they have TT. When he is healthy he is a better fit than Favors because TT is a guy with a huge motor even when not involved at all on offense.

Another pathetic effort. Not that I'm a huge fan of Bledsoe, but hey, at least he can put the ball in the basket. Wish the Jazz would trade for a player that can do that.

Oh, and my new announcer pet peeve is when Harpring tells people right handed shooters don't like shooting going to their left, either off sreens or off the dribble.

99% of all shooters prefer going to the side of their opposite hand to shoot.

Really? Now I never played at a high level of competition but I did play a lot of over the years in various leagues and regularly in pick-up and I always preferred shooting on the side of my dominant hand. It sure is a lot easier and less liable to get blocked.

Really? Now I never played at a high level of competition but I did play a lot of over the years in various leagues and regularly in pick-up and I always preferred shooting on the side of my dominant hand. It sure is a lot easier and less liable to get blocked.

That's weird. You are also super old so maybe you have a weird 1950's shooting form and feet setup. Modern day shooting footwork make it more preferable to go to your weak hand.

Going to your weak hand you are naturally square to the rim. If you are dribbling to your strong hand it's much harder to square yourself to get a good shot off.

I mean, if you cant create separation to get a shot off going left, then you arent getting enough separation going right to get a good shot off either. I guess it's technically easier to get the shot off going to your strong hand, but only if you are doing a lot of in-air shot correction to square you shoulders (which is high level shot making. You see Hood do this a lot when he goes left. He gets to his spot around the FT line, but his shoulders aren't square, but he elevates really high to give himself the rotation to get his upper body squared during the shot.

Compare that to a guy like Rubio whose best shot is the dribble pull-up going to his left. It's easy because you get to the spot and you are square. There isnt the variable of having to square yourself during the gather of the shot, or during the shot.

But I guess that's entirely subjective. I just prefer getting to the left side of the court.

Last edited:
That's weird. You are also super old so maybe you have a weird 1950's shooting form and feet setup. Modern day shooting footwork make it more preferable to go to your weak hand.

Going to your weak hand you are naturally square to the rim. If you are dribbling to your strong hand it's much harder to square yourself to get a good shot off.

I mean, if you cant create separation to get a shot off going left, then you arent getting enough separation going right to get a good shot off either. I guess it's technically easier to get the shot off going to your strong hand, but only if you are doing a lot of in-air shot correction to square you shoulders (which is high level shot making. You see Hood do this a lot when he goes left. He gets to his spot around the FT line, but his shoulders aren't square, but he elevates really high to give himself the rotation to get his upper body squared during the shot.

Compare that to a guy like Rubio whose best shot is the dribble pull-up going to his left. It's easy because you get to the spot and you are square. There isnt the variable of having to square yourself during the gather of the shot, or during the shot.

But I guess that's entirely subjective. I just prefer getting to the left side of the court.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of right handed players prefer the left side on the attack. I can't even drive from the right side.

This is what we were worried about coming into the season.

Teams packing the paint, taking away Gobert, and daring us to shoot.

Seems like its starting to get us....

Really really stings to lose 3 in a row.

This is what we were worried about coming into the season.

Teams packing the paint, taking away Gobert, and daring us to shoot.

Seems like its starting to get us....

Really really stings to lose 3 in a row.

Think lottery.
Jazz need more talent. A top-10 pick would be way more valuable than barely squeaking in to the WC playoffs and perhaps ending up with the 18th pic in the draft.

And I think the Jazz should trade Favors btw, but the problem is almost 0 teams need a center. The one team where I think Favors might kind of make sense is Chicago for Mirotic, but that can't happen til January.

The other would be Milwaukee, but they have nothing they could give us back that makes sense for either side (I don't think they are just giving away Parker and giving up draft picks for another perpetually injured guy drafted in 2014 is worrisome.

I'm guessing this is the problem DL faced in the off-season. Trading centers is just tough unless you are flat out giving them away. Why would teams give up anything for Favors when they could just sign him in UFA where he wont have a huge market?

I was thinking about Milwaukee yesterday when they traded away Monroe, and how Favors could take on that role of a classic C for them, and I think they'd be a decent partner if the Jazz understand they won't be getting anything out of the ordinary for Favs.

Something along the lines of Favors + Neto + future 2nd for Dellavedova + DJ Wilson would work under the CBA and help both teams, IMO.

- Milwaukee would get a piece they need if they want to compete in the playoffs (a solid C, which Henson and Maker are not) in exchange for a guy that will see his minutes severely reduced and could end up being a 3rd string PG with the acquisition of Bledsoe. Sending Wilson who was just picked in the first round last June could be a problem, but he's a low-profile project with no shot at getting decent minutes anytime soon with so many forwards on that team, and I think the 2nd rounder from the Jazz could alleviate that loss.

- Utah would also get a much needed back-up PG who brings that tough mentality that fits the team and is a good 3-pt shooter (plus, another Australian!), and they could give Wilson some minutes off the bench and see if he can become that modern stretch-4 that Lyles could never be.

Favors has no future in this team at PF, and less so at C with Gobert, Udoh and Tony Bradley. It's time for them to assume that fact and move him for a guy that fits their needs better.

Favors doesn't suck. He is an above average defender with some offensive skills: good PNR player with great touch around the rim and a decent 18 footer. I can see him averaging 12 or 13ppg, 7rpg in the right team/system. That's pretty decent.

Gotta agree with Cy. He has no major role in Utah's offense. He stands in the corner, sets some half-decent screens, fights for some O rebounds. Maybe and a couple of jumpers per game but no PNR actions which is his strength (or used to be). No way he comes back.
Great post. He isn't terrible, but he is terrible here. He is not coming back unless we are dumbasses. Trade him. He should have been traded 3 years ago when Rudy emerged. Trade him.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app