What's new

Game nr. 11 Utah Jazz vs Philadelphia 76ers, November 7th, 7pm MT.

Oh, and my new announcer pet peeve is when Harpring tells people right handed shooters don't like shooting going to their left, either off sreens or off the dribble.

99% of all shooters prefer going to the side of their opposite hand to shoot.

I don't understand how a former NBA player can keep saying that. At least Boler has an excuse that he isn't someone who is suppose to be especially knowledgeable.

Rebounds show who is by the rim when a shot goes up. A large majority of rebounds in the NBA are uncontested rebounds. Guys like Drummond, Jordan, and Gobert are leading rebounders by and large because their teammates willingly concede those rebounds to them.

Yep and when both are close by Favors runs down the court and lets Gobert get it. Favors just works hard and tries to do the little things.

This season Gobert is averaging 21.5 rebound chances per game. Favors is averaging the same amount as Rubio at 8.7 per game. Favors has a higher adjusted rebound chance % of 61 vs Goberts 49. So he is getting a higher number of rebounds that are in his area that not deflected.

Gobert is a bigger reason we are struggling with defensive rebounds than Favors is.

It's actually pretty crazy that we played well in many areas, and lost simply because we shot so poorly, and only lost by seven.

Funny you say that cause there are countless times where I see Favors not hustle, box out, jump, go for a board and it ends up being costly. I think he plays ok half the time. The other half, the dude takes his foot off the gas like he can't breathe.

I agree, he looks tired at times. He is also struggling at times to find his role on offense. But again so is everyone of our starters. They all look tired, lost or lacking effort at times.

I still think it is that they are practicing very hard right now, combined with trying to learn a more complicated offense that is based on timing and over thinking the game. The game will slow down and they will look better. Mitchell is a prime example of this. He looks slower and struggles a lot of the game in sets because he is thinking too much. When it is a free for all or he is in the fourth and he is just playing and not thinking he looks much better.

Even before the loss of Exum & Joe Johnson we expected this offense to struggle. But what I can't understand, and maybe you smarter posters can explain to me, is why Quinn keeps running the same sets that get the same shots for the same guys that keep missing them. Just my novice observation, that if you don't have the personal to run it, then maybe adjust what you run to the people you have.

Maybe this is the only way a team can play in the modern nba, in which case the jazz just don't have the personnel to do it.

And I think the Jazz should trade Favors btw, but the problem is almost 0 teams need a center. The one team where I think Favors might kind of make sense is Chicago for Mirotic, but that can't happen til January.

The other would be Milwaukee, but they have nothing they could give us back that makes sense for either side (I don't think they are just giving away Parker and giving up draft picks for another perpetually injured guy drafted in 2014 is worrisome.

I'm guessing this is the problem DL faced in the off-season. Trading centers is just tough unless you are flat out giving them away. Why would teams give up anything for Favors when they could just sign him in UFA where he wont have a huge market?

He would totally fix our spacing though. Him and Trey Lyles.

I was thinking about Lyles after Joe Johnson went out. He might be loving it here now. His shooting percentage and shot selection would suddenly look so much better when compared to this current batch of jazzmen.

And JJ Redick, and just the natural progression of a young team getting a year older, and not playing Jahlil Okafor anymore.
Yeah. How did Okafor get so bad? I never watch the 76ers so I only remember him really in college.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk