What's new

Game Thread 12/3/14. Toronto Raptors at Utah Jazz 7:00pm mtn. The return of Favors, maybe.

I get to listen to a lot of games including the pre and post games on the radio. It is interesting to hear Locke, Britton Johnson, Checketts, Thurl Bailey, Coach Johnson, Ron Boone and all of the coaches interviews and then....come on Jazzfanz to read the comments. Sometimes it is like there were two different games.

Last edited:
I just watched all 28 FGM of the first half and here is what I got.

1 FGM: Kanter's fault

2 FGM: Rodney looses Lowry on pick in semi-transition. Derrick switchs. Lowry turns away from the basket. Derrick leaves him. Lowry shoots wit no opponent. Derricks/Rodneys fault

3 FGM: Derrick doesn't get the DREB it goes all the way out to Ross. Gordon closes out. Ross steps in and takes a MRJ

4 FGM: Vasquez kills Trey off the dribble. Floater is good.

5 FGM: Lowry hits a tough MRJ. Trey was the defender but not that bad a D. Doesn't allow penetration! Just a good shot.

6 FGM: Lowry-JV high PnR. Pass out to Patterson on the wing. 3 pointer. Derrick was the defender at the 2.9 . He gave him too much space but my guess would be he wanted to help on that PnR.

7 FGM: Patterson gets the ball on the wing. Posts Trevor up and hits a tough hook from 8 feet.

8 FGM: James Johnson on the wing. Blows by Jingles. Enes late from the weakside. Easy two at the rim.

9 FGM: TO Jingles. Vasquez with the ball in transition. Goes right into Trey. Easy two.

10 FGM: Williams on the wing pick from Patterson. Trevor stays low. Rodney caught in the pick. Williams blows by Trevor. No contest. Easy two at the rim.

11 FGM: DREB Raptors. Vasquez in transition. Goes right into Trey. Tough shot and1.

12 FGM: Williams iso at the top of the key. Rodney is scared of the drive, gives him way too much room. Splash for 3.

13 FGM: PnP on the leftside between Williams(Dante) and Patterson(Trevor). Trevor closes out? Jumps out off the arena. Patterson drives. Floater over Rudy. Bucket.

14 FGM: Bad pass Dante/misshandle Trevor. Steal Ross. Easy two.

15 FGM: Vasquez(Jingles)/Amir Jonson(Rudy) PnR. Rudy stays low. Jingles maybe is still in that pick. Easy 3 for Vasquez.

16 FGM: Lowry(Dante) on the left wing. Amir Johnson with the pick. Rudy is low. Clark overhelps. Pass to the right wing. Splay from downtown Vasquez.

17 FGM: Vasquez in semi-transition goes right at Clarke. Floater is good.

18 FGM: Lowry in semi-tranition after a Clarke TO. Pass to the righ corner. Dante closeout. Ross one
dribble pull-up MRJ is good.

19 FGM: High PnR Vasquez(Trey)-Amir Johnson(Derrick). Johnson gets the ball spins and shoots the ball right over Derrick.

20 FGM: Vasquez in semi- transition pass to the trailing Lowry. Lowy from downtown. Splash. Rodney with terrible D.

21 FGM: Williams(Jingles) at the key. JV(Enes) with the pick. Jingles too slow. Enes picks Williams up. Looks good at first but than trips. Williams with the litle floater off the glass.

22 FGM: JV(Enes) on the right block. Faces up. Shoots over Enes. Easy two. Please Enes why put your hands up? Pathetic!

23 FGM: Patterson(Enes) with the pick for Lowry(Trey) at the top of thr key. Hedge from Enes. Trey goes under the screen. Enes goes back to Patterson. Trey is too slow. 3 pointer Lowry.

24 FGM: Williams(Jingles)-JV(Derrick) PnR on the left wing. Williams splits te two defenders. Enes(Patterson is at the right wing) helps at the rim. Williams with the kick to James Johnson(Gordon) at the right corner. Gordon is there forces Johnson baseline. Derrick helps from the weakside. No rotation from Trey. Pass to
JV. Easy dunk.

25 FGM: Post up for JV(Derrick) almost at the left corner. He goes to the middle. Tough hook shoot is good.

26 FGM: Lowry takes Trey off the dribble right to the rim. Derrick a little late from the weakside. Tough floater is good.

27 FGM: Enes sleepwalks in the zone. Pass from the left wing to the top off the key. Patterson splash.

28 FGM: JV with the ball on the left wing. Lowry uses him as a shield gets the ball and an other 3 pointer. Trey caught in the screen.
Thanks for doing that.
Good read

Im always surprised when I watch a game and then read the game thread and they dont match. The two best players last night were kanter and favors and it wasnt close. This game was lost by the second unit who just couldnt match Toronto's bench. Toronto's guards played amazing, hitting 3 point shots with ease. Yet I come here and people say kanter's defense cost us the game. Thats just not based on reality.

Im always surprised when I watch a game and then read the game thread and they dont match. The two best players last night were kanter and favors and it wasnt close. This game was lost by the second unit who just couldnt match Toronto's bench. Toronto's guards played amazing, hitting 3 point shots with ease. Yet I come here and people say kanter's defense cost us the game. Thats just not based on reality.

Agreed on best 2 players.

They really made an effort to stop Hayward from Driving....they did well. He turned into an avg jump shooter.

It is still scary to me how improved Hayward and to a degree Favors is.

When we **need** a score I want Hayward taking it to the hole(not jump shot) or feeding favors.

This is their team.

Andy Larsen ‏@andyblarsen
Practice started at 11 AM, they're still going at 2:18 PM. So far, @espn700David and @BenKFAN have left. @DJJazzyJody is missing.

Somebody is mad.

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody
Jazz practice went 3 hours, 45 minutes with film, Xs and Os talk, court work. Hayward said it was the longest of his career but productive.

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody
Jazz practice went 3 hours, 45 minutes with film, Xs and Os talk, court work. Hayward said it was the longest of his career but productive.

You kidding me? That should be the norm at that lvl, it's their profession for god's sake!

You kidding me? That should be the norm at that lvl, it's their profession for god's sake!

I think they should have multiple short practices a day with high intensity and not long drawn our practices. I just don't know how you can keep some of these guys attention and keep them focused for that long. Most of what they learn will be forgotten in an hour.