What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Spurs 5 PM MTN

When these runs happen, I see people tweeting angrily to Snyder. Tweets like “put the starters back in to stop the bleeding!” rule the day. But it simply doesn’t make sense to play your starters 48 minutes, or really, anywhere close: even 38 minutes begins to feel very Tom Thibodeau-ish very quickly. That’s especially true in the first game of a back-to-back.

So the bench has to come in at some point, and when it does, it has to perform better.

Jerebko: miss me?

When these runs happen, I see people tweeting angrily to Snyder. Tweets like “put the starters back in to stop the bleeding!” rule the day. But it simply doesn’t make sense to play your starters 48 minutes, or really, anywhere close: even 38 minutes begins to feel very Tom Thibodeau-ish very quickly. That’s especially true in the first game of a back-to-back.

So the bench has to come in at some point, and when it does, it has to perform better.

Jerebko: miss me?
I don't think Jerebko would make the bench that much better tbh, but he would at least allow Crowder to start and let the Jazz play Favors as back up C which would make the starting unit much better and also bolster the bench with Jerebko/Favors being the backup front court pairing with a bunch of wings and guards that can't shoot well.

I don't think Jerebko would make the bench that much better tbh, but he would at least allow Crowder to start and let the Jazz play Favors as back up C which would make the starting unit much better and also bolster the bench with Jerebko/Favors being the backup front court pairing with a bunch of wings and guards that can't shoot well.
To compete for the playoffs, we have to get more firepower at the bench. Korver is good, but he came at the expense of Burks.

Only if Grayson Allen could bring us what DL drafted him for...

Whats the difference between Alec and Donovan?
One is in his second year and led a team to a playoff series win as a rookie.
There other is in his 8th year.
For starters
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

One is in his second year and led a team to a playoff series win as a rookie.
There other is in his 8th year.
For starters
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, and Quin sucks so bad, imagine how good Donovan would be without Quin. In fact, everyone on the team would make such a huge jump without Quin that Exum would still only get garbage minutes.

Wanted to get mad at this loss, but we just missed shots. We don't win when all of our role guys miss. Everytime we seemed to get some traction we would miss a defensive rebound opportunity and pay for it.

Ricky was phenomenal. His finishing was some of the best I've seen and it was stuff I've not seen. Every time I leave that guy for dead he reels me back in.

Wanted to get mad at this loss, but we just missed shots. We don't win when all of our role guys miss. Everytime we seemed to get some traction we would miss a defensive rebound opportunity and pay for it.

Ricky was phenomenal. His finishing was some of the best I've seen and it was stuff I've not seen. Every time I leave that guy for dead he reels me back in.

He’s improved his finishing a lot over the last two weeks or so.

The two things that frustrated me most watching the game last night was DM’s usage, and decision making in the first half and Rudy’s pick’n roll defense. I don’t know if that was Quin’s defensive philosophy or Rudy being too timid to leave the paint, but if you give Aldridge that many wide open 15 footers, he’s going to have a field day.

There is no such thing as "improved his finishing the last 2 games". The shots went in. That's all.