What's new

Game Thread : JAZZ VS SPURS 2/25/16 07:30PM PT

So I was wrong when I said worse, but pretty much exactly the same. I don't see Alec moving the needle that much. Shelvin Mack might be as big of an addition as Alec Burks healthy.

I agree. I don't think Burks is a net negative, but as far as overall contribution to winning goes, he's definitely overrated amongst Jazz fans. Rodney Hood is substantially more important to the team now and going forward.

Our defense doesn't work w/Burke. The Burke Mack pairing to start the 4th was a mistake. Playing Burke was a mistake. We never recovered. A close fun to watch game just became meh. Classic old school ball up until the middle of the 3rd though. Great show up to that point.

I was happy for the 3's he drained in the Houston game, but I couldn't help feeling it wasn't a good thing for the big picture. Trey is a shooting guard who can't defend the 1, let alone the 2. I like Trey and I hope he finds a place in the league, but as long as he's in a Jazz uni, his role should be very limited. Damn shame for him and the Jazz both that we couldn't work out a trade at the deadline.

So after this game vs the Spurs are there still any Jazz fan left who would rather the Jazz face the Spurs than the Warriors in the first round?

Spurs are Hayward's Kryponote

Spurs have been the Kryponote of many players and teams. The Spurs have owned the Jazz ever since Duncan has been around. I would rather the Jazz miss the playoffs if they have to play the Spurs.