What's new

Game Thread! Jazz vs. T-Wolves

Didn't realize the TWolves were quite this bad. I know they only have 5 wins, but a game at home, against a team missing 2 starters and another rotation player. This should have been a win for them.

Didn't realize the TWolves were quite this bad. I know they only have 5 wins, but a game at home, against a team missing 2 starters and another rotation player. This should have been a win for them.

They are missing Rubio, Martin and Pekovic...

With those players they aren't that bad.

Do we all realize that Rudy shot under 50% from the line last year and is pushing 70% this year. Has there EVER been such a steep improvement from the line in one year's time?

Do we all realize that Rudy shot under 50% from the line last year and is pushing 70% this year. Has there EVER been such a steep improvement from the line in one year's time?

Well he also shot 70% from the FT line in European professional leagues, so it's what he should be around. He shot so low because he hardly got to the rim, so never really got confidence.

He shot 70% back in france so I would assume his rookie year was due to a small sample size.

I was going to say Malone, but it took him 2 years to go from 48% to 70%+.

LaVine and Williams are both soft PG's, which helps. Tonight reminded me of how Trey played in pre-season. Nice search dribbles, on-balance shooting, not over-using midrange shot.

I just wish he could do even half this well against top PG's who are physical and make him work on defense.

Me too. He will progress! A players progress is not finite half way through his second year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobert in the 3rd quarter won this game.

In recent memory, I can't remember seeing a quarter in which one person affected the paint as much as Rudy did tonight in the third! It was just insane...they could not score in the paint at all and he was just punishing players. That block at the rim on Muhammad? was a joy to behold.

Wait, Jeremy Evans made a 3?

Maybe Dr. Quin has been preparing a secret weapon deep into his secret lair past the snowcaps, past the icebergs in a far away place in Russia.

You evil man, you.

quinsnyder.gif

In recent memory, I can't remember seeing a quarter in which one person affected the paint as much as Rudy did tonight in the third! It was just insane...they could not score in the paint at all and he was just punishing players. That block at the rim on Muhammad? was a joy to behold.

Those of us who watched Mark Eaton play have seen it before. Granted, that isn't "recent" memory.

Those of us who watched Mark Eaton play have seen it before. Granted, that isn't "recent" memory.

I was around for Eaton, but I was more or less a youngster. As I remember, Eaton was slower than molasses and could not jump over a quarter. Blocked the hell out of people...but I wonder how he would do in this day and age. Either way, it was incredible the way Rudy impacted the game. He and Favors together are a defensive juggernaut. Interested to see where this goes.

I watched Dixie High play Shawn Bradley in the State playoffs. Quite possibly the ugliest thing I have ever witnessed. I think Dixie had 15 shots blocked in the first half.

Favors can't make a free throw in the 4th quarter.

His body language is horrible when he goes to the FT line. He can practice 3000 free throws a day, if he doesn't take them with confidence he'll never shot at a high percentage.