What's new

Game Thread? OKC vs. Utah

Quin played an absolutely *** lineup that cost them the game. Play a good lineup the last two minutes. Cut the lead to 8. They're on a back to back at altitude.

Now we're gonna play hard in the 4th. Cut it to like 6, and then lose.
there is no lineup to play without a single PF on this entire team

there is no lineup to play without a single PF on this entire team

I think he should've closed with Donovan, Royce, Bojan, Green, Gobert for the last 2 minutes. Not that Mudiay/Green/Niang/Donovan/whoever abomination

My hehestreams sub just ran out and I wasn't sure whether or not to resub. This game gave me my answer.

I think they tried to take the team to the next level, and they made what seemed to almost everyone like good moves. There's a reason the fans and media had the Jazz listed as title contenders before the season.

What's wrong? It's hard to predict chemistry issues and Quin Snyder is a mediocre coach. The primary reason the Jazz have been a 50 instead of 35-40 win ball club the last few years has been the defensive presence of Rudy Gobert and a good mixture of personalities.

We still have Gobert of course, but the chemistry issues and poor coaching are destroying us.
I’ve always thought that team chemistry is a key component, underrated.

i get mudiay getting to play before exum in the first half with exum being on a minutes restriction coming back from injury, but there's no good reason to insist on mudiay on the second half of the nights where he's not making plays nor even making shots, and that should apply even to when exum isn't available to play

Last year we could've won a game like this while only making 6 3s. This year it seems like we need to shoot lights out from 3 to win.

Pretty sad when a ****** Eagles vs an even ******** Giants is far more entertaining. A two win team shows more heart than these soft *** losers.

Our bench is an absolute ****ing hot steaming pile of ****ing trash.

Way to ****ing go DL.

It's more Quin than DL. If we played anyone other Niang in those minutes the difference in our bench unit would be night and day. I'm telling you. They wouldn't be amazing but they'd be good enough most nights to hold us down. Keep it about even.

The reason our bench is sooooo bad is because of a perfect storm type of situation. Niang is a literal non-factor on the floor. He does not rebound, he does not create extra possessions through steals/blocks/deflections, he's not a playmaker, he does not score, he can't drive/post/screen, he does not draw fouls or get to the line. ALL that he can do is shoot. And that skill is not utilized enough by the team to account for the minutes he gets. It's not enough for him to be a positive. That's problematic not just because he sucks, but also because guys like Mudiay and Green are streaky players. If Green and Mudiay have bad games and Niang always provides nothing... the bench gonna be horrific.

If you sit Niang and play someone who will provide ANYTHING to the cause whether it be rebounds, steals/blocks/deflections, lockdown D, playmaking, whatever... things change. You can minimize the Mudiay/Green off nights.

and they made what seemed to almost everyone like good moves.
not true. we made good moves in free agency, but that Conley trade is absolutely garbage. we've lost one of only two actual PFs(Crowder) on this team for not much of the so-called "upgrade", and we've lost the other one(Favs) in order to get Bojan(who is nice, but just not a PF).

unfortunately good free agency acquisitions were not enough to make up for the damage that was done.