What's new

Game Thread? OKC vs. Utah

I've said it before and I know it's not a popular idea and probably would never happen but maybe bring Bogey off of the bench and allow him to play more freely. I think he could be a Lou Williams type 18+ ppg 15+ shots per game player.

dunno about that but i was expecting them to run him as the scorer with the second unit before the season started.

What a s**** day. I had a crown and post fall out this morning while brushing my teeth, work was horrible, then the Jazz come out with no energy and get played off their own court by a tired below .500 team. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Right there with you on the same page. Woke up yesterday sick. Woke up this morning feeling even worse. Went to work and dealt with a busy day. Come home, Jazz get crushed. Tomorrow is my bday and I have to go to work and I still feel like death. Fun times.

Mudiay is shooting 30% from 3-pt and has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.3. He got dumped by the Knicks after last season, and, quite frankly, he's barely holding on to a spot in the league.

Jeff Green averages 2.8 rebs per game in over 19 mins of game time, and he only plays spotty defense. There's a reason he's a minimum-contract player.

The starters aren't the problem. Their +/- has been positive, even through the losing streak.

exactly. There’s a reason why we got scraps from other teams to min contracts... these scraps suck.

I wish Exum could get about 10 games with 15 minutes to 20 minutes per game without getting yanked for every little mistake. Give him some consistent playing time, let him build some confidence. Then assess. If he isn’t going to make the cut, then ship him out. But I absolutely hate the double standard where his mistakes are magnified and Mitchell and Mudiay are allowed to get away with such selfish play.

Joe didn’t get to handle the ball near as much in the 3rd quarter. The Jazz are so much better when Joe runs the offense vs. Mitchell. Mitchell is looking to get his shot. Joe is looking to create a good shot for somebody else.

!! Ditto

Oooooof that one hurt... like in a way that I’m super disappointed and just not surprised... and a little numb.

DM didn’t make shots I didn’t have too much of an issue with how he played. Bojan was garbage on defense tonight. Rudy doesn’t seem to be bothering people on defense right now. No one looks like they have energy and nobody looks like they want to play basketball.

Quin needs to figure out wtf is going on... he’s either failing to Xs and Os or the mental/ego management. Can’t keep running the same **** with the same guys... the energy a guy like Brantley could bring might really help... Niang ain’t it but neither is Ed Davis. Tony can at least catch and finish sometimes and teams gonna score on us anyway.

This might get super ugly.

Man there must have been a card game that went wrong or some lady that got between a couple of the dudes cuz it don’t look right out there at all.

Not only G-leaguers, but rookies picked between 50-60 in the draft lol

OKC got 29 mins tonight from Luguentz Dort, a rookie who went undrafted last spring. They got 26 minutes out of Darius Bazley who is like 19 years old and who had 7 rebounds to Jeff Green's 1 rebound. They got 28 mins from Abdel Nader who was a regular in the G-league until a year or so ago.

Guys who are NBA athletes and who play their role can contribute.

For being such a hyped team they've quickly turned into a team that's mediocre, frustrating and not fun to watch.

I know people say things will get going later in the season, but you'd think Synder would have figured out the importance of the whole season by now. If they do turn it around, these games are going to cost them just like they have the last few years.

OKC got 29 mins tonight from Luguentz Dort, a rookie who went undrafted last spring. They got 26 minutes out of Darius Bazley who is like 19 years old and who had 7 rebounds to Jeff Green's 1 rebound. They got 28 mins from Abdel Nader who was a regular in the G-league until a year or so ago.

Guys who are NBA athletes and who play their role can contribute.

It's more about the state of the team. That a preseason contender is in such dire straits that people are like "maybe the 50th or 58th overall pick in last year's draft can right the ship."

TB needs all the back up minutes. He’s got the size and hands to compete. Davis is just to thin for this offense. He can’t hold positions or create space for himself. He’s getting beat bad on the boards and that supposed to be his specialty. He is zero threat on the o side of the ball.

Brantley needs some of greens minutes due to rebounding. I like greens 3 pt shooting but he’s a bit of a ball stopper.

I agree with many of the other posts of Exum over Mudiay that have already been posted here.

All you need to do is look at the box score and look at the +- numbers for the rotation players. Then let's look at the end of the bench guys: DedEx+9, Morgan +8, Bradley +6 and NWG +6. I know it was garbage time but this tells me our regulars are not playing hard or smart or both. Sloan wouldn't put up with this. Phil Johnson wouldn't. Quin has to give playing time to the producers. He is in danger of losing the team right now. He is rewarding crappy play with minutes.

It's more about the state of the team. That a preseason contender is in such dire straits that people are like "maybe the 50th or 58th overall pick in last year's draft can right the ship."

I get it, but I think realistically Miye Oni or JWF could replace Mudiay and do at least as well.

It's so incredibly disappointing to see the state of the team. These huge deficits are a gigantic red flag. If we were losing but competing, and showing effort/heart it would be acceptable. This team just looks like it is bad fit basketball chemistry-wise. Seems like the players like each other, similar to last season but it's just a bad fit on the court. Before blowing it up, I think that Quin should shake up the starting 5. I might try something like starting...

Exum/Mitchell/Bogey/Green/Gobert

bench unit...

Conley/Mudiay/O'Neal/Ingles/Davis

Each unit has enough shooting and defense on paper to be serviceable to very good. At this point, we aren't beating the top 4-5 teams in the West come April so you may as well exhaust all possibilities before then and if we need to look at trading Conley, Ingles, etc. then we can address it in February.

I worried about this when Rubio and Favors left but I genuinely felt like we could outscore anyone in the league on any given night to offset the dip in defense and rebounding. I just never fathomed it would look like this a quarter of the way into the season. Conley has been a massive disappointment, and I didn't think we'd ever live in a world were we'd be begging for the return of Ricky Rubio.

While this may seem true somehow it also seem different from the previous years.