What's new

Gamethread: Indiana Pacers @ Utah Jazz. 7PM MST

No I’m not blind, no need to be an *** either. It was collective mess that you can only blame on the team as a whole. What a dumbass lol

YOU'RE SO RIGHT, RUBIO IS THE BEST PLAYER WE HAVE, WE HAVE TO MOVE ON FROM HIM TO PROPERLY TANK. How are Chinese classes coming along?

Good night for tank. Jazz lose and Wizards win. Jazz tied for 8th. About 5% chance of landing the first pick.

Zealous for Zion

Just turned it back on. Gross

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Why? Masochist

giphy.gif

we are driving to the paint , are you blind? the jazz are #1 in drives to the basket in the NBA. Are you blind dude? you keep ignoring the fact your precious rubio is a garbage shooter which sucks everything into the paint. Lets drive directly into 5 players...you are such a smart guy.
Yeah, because they do the drive/kick into a drive/kick thing he is complaining about. How many of those drives are Royce passing up a 3 and driving to the top of the paint, passing to Exum who passes up a 3 then drives to the top of paint then passes it back out for an offensive reset? I think you lack reading comprehension because he has a point.

The Jazz offense is executing fairly well, but the end results are guys like Exum/O'Neale passing up shots or guys like Rubio/Crowder taking and missing shots.

Yeah, because they do the drive/kick into a drive/kick thing he is complaining about. How many of those drives are Royce passing up a 3 and driving to the top of the paint, passing to Exum who passes up a 3 then drives to the top of paint then passes it back out for an offensive reset? I think you lack reading comprehension because he has a point.

The Jazz offense is executing fairly well, but the end results are guys like Exum/O'Neale passing up shots or guys like Rubio/Crowder taking and missing shots.

i think you lack brain cells.

Even at the end of last season the Jazz offense wasn't that great. Meanwhile they have gone from the best defensive team in the league to now, one of the worst. Why?

Cy doesn't provide solutions. He just picks on a few of our inconsequential players to make it look like it's their fault for our woes.

News flash - Exum and O'Neale can't be blamed for this horse **** form we have shown this year.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I blame Favors. His presence is a clear indicator of our constant mediocrity. We let Millsap go, because of Favors. We didn't pursue Mirotic, because of Favors. We didn't sign Bjelica, because of Favors.

Such a great guy. Such a bad fit. Doesn't bust *** every night but entitled to start. Fits next to Gobert like Exum would fit next to Rubio in the starting lineup.

Favors is a decent NBA player. He's really a mid-tier center though. Think Marcin Gortat. He's not in the ideal situation here. He's too good and gets paid too much just to be a back-up center for 15 minutes a night. The Jazz held onto him as a flexible trade asset and decent rotation player in case we can't trade him.

Even at the end of last season the Jazz offense wasn't that great. Meanwhile they have gone from the best defensive team in the league to now, one of the worst. Why?

That's what I don't understand. It can't be that every team suddenly started shooting lights out.

What I'm trying to say is that too many open shots were not taken, and they were falling into the same mistake of running to the basket with no other purpose than either kicking the ball out or stopping and trying to find an open guy to pass the ball to and turning the ball over. I'd rather they started attacking the basket more at that point, aggressively, to try to draw fouls at least.

But the best may be not to engage with someone who can't distinguish between night and day.

imagine being joe and having ricky, royce, favors, and rudy next to you. joe couldn't get open save for the first two 3's he made.

Favors is decent but he has been relied on too much as a core piece. He should have been traded once we realized Gobert was great. They simply don't work.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO JFC? PLZ FILL US IN.
Don't respond to another poster like a complete jackass when he's making a valid point.

As far as what the Jazz need to do:

If they are going to go with the defensive heavy lineup of Royce/Favors in the starting lineup they have to cut out turnovers. I think those lineups can work offensively, but they cant give up free points in transition.

As far as Jazzta's point about over doing the offensive motions, the Jazz have to take open shots, even if it's from the bad shooters. Quin might need to throw Allen in the fire. He's the one guy on the team with offensive talent who will put up open shots without hesitation.

News flash - Exum and O'Neale can't be blamed for this horse **** form we have shown this year.
They are as much to blame as anyone. It’s been a team wide suck effort and -all the guards on our ‘deep’ bench playing like ********* that has regressed is significant.

It’s no better to blame Favors and Rubio for everything than O’Neale and Exum.

In the past two years, the Jazz have lost George Hill, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward and Joe Johnson. Joe Ingles has stepped up and Donovan Mitchell has takeoverability (Bolerism), but we've still lost a lot of shooting and shot creation. Even Shelvin Mack could be counted on to come in and make a few layups.

The Jazz need to add one rock-solid shooter to the roster at a minimum, someone who plays enough defense to stay on the floor.

Favors is strictly a 5, and Crowder should have his role and minutes reduced. Put a real shooter on the floor with Mitchell, Ingles and Gobert, and you can probably get away with playing Rubio as your primary PG.