What's new

Gays...

I love Rudy and think he's fantastic, but sometimes I wonder if we are hyping him up too much. playing devils advocate, what is the difference between Rudy and Deandre Jordan?

watch the Clippers for your answer. Like, WATCH the games.

were you fat back then, too?
Nah.. was thin in high school. I biked to school back then, played basketball and cricket during lunch break and was in the school's tennis team in Summer and badminton team in Winter.

I love Rudy and think he's fantastic, but sometimes I wonder if we are hyping him up too much. playing devils advocate, what is the difference between Rudy and Deandre Jordan?

Mainly FT's. Also seems to have a better natural defensive IQ and a better offensive touch on things that aren't dunks. DeAndre Jordan is really ****ing good though, so I don't see how being DeAndre Jordan that can hit FT's is a bad thing.

I like this guys spunk

Spirit; pluck. Considering it is also a vulgar term for *****, it is rarely used in its normal form due to the obviously easy possibility to misinterpret it.
"That athlete shows a lot of spunk on the soccer field"
"What?!"
"He shows a lot of spirit and determination"
"Oh."

sorry yr fat now :(

Yeah it started at Uni.. I picked up some bad eating habits, wasn't playing much sports. Then when I was working I would sit in an office 8 - 9 hours a day, did nothing active over the weekend.

Plus I was living with my ex-gf at the time and she's korean so she's really into cooking, and was doing everything around the house, washing, ironing, etc. I was 80kg + at my heaviest back then.. just weighed myself and I'm 64kg now, so hopefully I can keep this healthy lifestyle going.

Yeah it started at Uni.. I picked up some bad eating habits, wasn't playing much sports. Then when I was working I would sit in an office 8 - 9 hours a day, did nothing active over the weekend.

Plus I was living with my ex-gf at the time and she's korean so she's really into cooking, and was doing everything around the house, washing, ironing, etc. I was 80kg + at my heaviest back then.. just weighed myself and I'm 64kg now, so hopefully I can keep this healthy lifestyle going.

Wait, how tall are you? 80 kg definitely ain't fat.

Wait, how tall are you? 80 kg definitely ain't fat.

Approx. 5'8" ... I think I was about 83kg from memory, according to the BMI chart I would have been overweight.

body-mass-index-bmi-chart.jpg

Defensive fg% allowed at the rim:

DJ: 49.3% (#63 in nba)
RG: 38% (best in show)

Edit: also, DJ: 26 years old, RG: 22 years old

Defensive fg% allowed at the rim:

DJ: 49.3% (#63 in nba)
RG: 38% (best in show)

Edit: also, DJ: 26 years old, RG: 22 years old

Damn, really? I thought he was a lot better defensively than that. I guess he is more of a help defender than an anchor.

Rudy's length means he can just put his arms straight up and that deters players from attacking. Problem with DJ is he relies on his jumping abilities to block shots, etc.

Rudy's length means he can just put his arms straight up and that deters players from attacking. Problem with DJ is he relies on his jumping abilities to block shots, etc.

Dude, Jordan is nearly as long as Gobert. It's not like he is undersized. He just isn't as good at position defense.

Dude, Jordan is nearly as long as Gobert. It's not like he is undersized. He just isn't as good at position defense.

yeah, its true. he's tall and long as f, and has almost 30 lbs on gobert, with a higher vert. What he lacks is IQ, footwork fundamentals, motor (compared to gobert), ft shooting, age potential.... accent? I'll think of more, i'm sure.

I think the difference is the team they play for and the conditions.

Rudy was the perfect game for the young Jazz roster to shake things all around and give morale boost to them.

Jordan is not getting hyped any more than he already has been.

Also, Rudy runs the floor and shoots better.

Rudy also has a lot better IQ as he has been raised by Erman Kunter in European team Cholet Basket.

Jordan just looks like a bruiser compared to him in that aspect.

yeah, its true. he's tall and long as f, and has almost 30 lbs on gobert, with a higher vert. What he lacks is IQ, footwork fundamentals, motor (compared to gobert), ft shooting, age potential.... accent? I'll think of more, i'm sure.

That really isn't fair to say. Jordan is the best rebounder in the NBA, hands down. You can't do that, no matter how big you are, and not have a good motor. He just doesn't have that natural basketball IQ like Rudy does.

Approx. 5'8" ... I think I was about 83kg from memory, according to the BMI chart I would have been overweight.

body-mass-index-bmi-chart.jpg
BMI charts are B.S. They're not really used much anymore. For example, I'm 6'1." I was skinny as a rail in HS and weighed 155. Didn't have much muscle at all. I was clearly underweight. With even a minimal amount of muscle mass...I'm talking about just looking fit and healthy, I'd be at 200-205.

Yep. The only thing that could possibly derail him is injury. Such a badass.
Agree. He can get pushed around a bit underneath, but he then has the wingspan to recover most of the time. For that reason, I don't want him to put on a ton of weight. Get stronger, maybe put on 10 lbs or so? But don't do anything to take away the quickness. I'm hoping the fact that he's relatively slender puts less stress on his feet and knees. So many great centers have been done in by foot problems.

I just pray that Gobert stays healthy throughout his career.

A franchise-changing talent. We got so, so lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh, you said it out loud, you jinxing sob!

In other words, that's also my biggest fear.