What's new

Georges Niang vs. Jay Crowder

framer

Jay is 10/5/2 on 40/39/76 in 27.5 minutes for an 11.88 PER while Niang is 7/3/1 on 44/43/96 in 11.8 minutes a game for an 11.37 per. Both play scrappy defense.

I never would have believed that Niang could basically have replaced Crowder at a fraction of the salary and allowed us to pay and play Bojan too. It is a minor miracle and part of the reason why the Jazz did so well this year. The bad part is that Crowder is worth a full MLE slot and Niang could get that or something close next year.

The funny thing is that I found myself plenty of times wishing we had "someone Like Crowder" to complete the team when it turns out we did, right before our eyes. If you placed Crowder in Niang's minutes he would have looked equal to worse.

Good on the Minivan!

Jay is 10/5/2 on 40/39/76 in 27.5 minutes for an 11.88 PER while Niang is 7/3/1 on 44/43/96 in 11.8 minutes a game for an 11.37 per. Both play scrappy defense.

I never would have believed that Niang could basically have replaced Crowder at a fraction of the salary and allowed us to pay and play Bojan too. It is a minor miracle and part of the reason why the Jazz did so well this year. The bad part is that Crowder is worth a full MLE slot and Niang could get that or something close next year.

The funny thing is that I found myself plenty of times wishing we had "someone Like Crowder" to complete the team when it turns out we did, right before our eyes. If you placed Crowder in Niang's minutes he would have looked equal to worse.

Good on the Minivan!
Still would've liked to have Crowder for his toughness and defense. However, if we kept Crowder, Georges wouldn't have developed as he has.

Good on the Minivan!
I once thought that niang shouldn't be in the nba. Now he is a very important piece of a championship caliber team and I'm scared to lose him next year.

Love niang. Best shooter on the team imo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I always thought Crowder's defense was overrated. He was gambling for steals way too much.

No, Jae Crowder sucks. I was just correcting his name. I'd rather have Niang. I think Niang has played better D this year than Jae ever played in Utah
Yep, I would take niang as well and it's not that close. Jae was tough and a pretty good defender but he was an inefficient one dimensional chucker on offense. Niang is a better shooter, way more versatile offensively, cheaper, younger, and with the way he has played defense this year he might be better defensively.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Niang meshes perfectly with the team. He doesn't shoot just to shoot and the guys like him. I too will miss him if he gets a better offer, but good for him improving his game to the point he'll get paid!

Niang meshes perfectly with the team. He doesn't shoot just to shoot and the guys like him. I too will miss him if he gets a better offer, but good for him improving his game to the point he'll get paid!
And some fans thought Jazz had no idea what they have been doing
They were very patient with Georges and gave him maybe one more year than most teams would
Hopefully these other young prospects like Brantley, Hughes, Forrest, Udoka, Oni, Morgan ,etc will become surprises if given enough time

Niang is more consistent shooter and actually better at finishing at the rim, even has that nice floater. With his improved defense fits better our current style of playing. Jae has been shooting well last season but he is more red hot or cold kind of player. But I miss his badass attitude, it's good for a team spirit to have someone like that in the playoffs.

jae crowder prolly.

why? he is a winner.He is a great piece and tough as nails.
And Niang isn’t?

Niang crawled scratched and clawed to earn the role he has now. He plays with every bit the passion Jae does. He may not be the talker or whatever Crowder is but he’s as big a competitor Jae is and then some.