What's new

Georges Niang vs. Jay Crowder

Been trying to tell you guys how good Niang is for a good year or two. He does pretty much what Jae does in a lot less minutes. I’m not surprised at all what he’s given us
This^
I got busy at work and had to give up my social media crap for awhile. When I left, I was one of a handful defending Niang, when I returned Niang had become an Egyptian God!

Jay is 10/5/2 on 40/39/76 in 27.5 minutes for an 11.88 PER while Niang is 7/3/1 on 44/43/96 in 11.8 minutes a game for an 11.37 per. Both play scrappy defense.

I never would have believed that Niang could basically have replaced Crowder at a fraction of the salary and allowed us to pay and play Bojan too. It is a minor miracle and part of the reason why the Jazz did so well this year. The bad part is that Crowder is worth a full MLE slot and Niang could get that or something close next year.

The funny thing is that I found myself plenty of times wishing we had "someone Like Crowder" to complete the team when it turns out we did, right before our eyes. If you placed Crowder in Niang's minutes he would have looked equal to worse.

Good on the Minivan!
I don’t predict miracles and I foresaw all of this. So......

Not sure Crowder would have been happy at 12 minutes a game. Would rather have Bojan out there than Crowder most of the time.
Crowder is take minutes from Royce. He also looks more scary than plays. Niang not looks scary, but, surprise! Good defence.

Crowder has intangibles that Niang doesn't - but damn, is there any doubt left that Georges isn't a legit, top shelf shooter in this league?

Georges finished at 40% from 3 above the break this year- so he was a 40% shooter even without the corner 3's. That is elite.

Will miss Jae's rebounding comes playoffs. Agree with everything else about him vs. Niang. But we need someone who can help us secure defensive boards behind Rudy when he is out there contesting shots. Those offensive boards we gave up during crucial possessions in the regular season will end up costing us a few games in the playoffs. And Jae is a much more consistent rebounder than Niang and will for sure help us on that end.

I love Jae's toughness and physicality but aside from that I think he's very overrated.

I once thought that niang shouldn't be in the nba. Now he is a very important piece of a championship caliber team and I'm scared to lose him next year.

Love niang. Best shooter on the team imo

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I dunno how but I reckon he'll try to stay, one of the most popular guys in the locker room, think everyone wants him back.

can i have a two way ticket ?? I'll be on the island when he plays well and bitching like a ************ when he's getting abused by superior athletes
Those of us are living on a yacht just off-shore. You can join us. We party on the beach when he's doing well and go back to party on the boat when he's sucking. This season at the beginning we spent a lot of time at sea. More recently we've been living in shacks on the beach. It's nice for us either way.

Those of us are living on a yacht just off-shore. You can join us. We party on the beach when he's doing well and go back to party on the boat when he's sucking. This season at the beginning we spent a lot of time at sea. More recently we've been living in shacks on the beach. It's nice for us either way.

This is what I come here for, listening to the drivel of yachtsmen.