What's new

Get Detroit on the Line.

checkbookdoc

The Pistons have got something we need... floor generals. They have Cunningham, Thompson, Ivey, Burks, Monte Morris, and Hayes they need to get minutes for. I think at least one of Morris or Hayes gets the squeze and I would love to have either of them. Last year I was beating the drum to trade for Killian Hayes and I would still prefer to take him on a flyer (excellent defender, passer, size, just needs to up his offense), but Monte Morris would make this team run so much better. I like Dunn at the PG, but if he can't be a healthy or a consistent offensive threat then I would prefer either morris or Hayes over any of our other PG options.

In all seriousness, Morris would probably be an upgrade, but very marginal. I dont think the Jazz should be looking at marginal upgrades. You need to get legit starters who are either all-star level or near all-star level.

In all seriousness, Morris would probably be an upgrade, but very marginal. I dont think the Jazz should be looking at marginal upgrades. You need to get legit starters who are either all-star level or near all-star level.
Just get someone who can actually run a team and get the ball to guys in their spots.

That would be a massive improvement.

That would be great, but in the meanwhile incompetent PG play is a big risk to take. Might make Lauri want to go somewhere that can make him excel. Might deter the development of young players. Might make THT think he deserves to shoot the ball more. Lots of downside. Rockets last few years is what you get when you don't have a actual distributor... ugh

That would be great, but in the meanwhile incompetent PG play is a big risk to take. Might make Lauri want to go somewhere that can make him excel. Might deter the development of young players. Might make THT think he deserves to shoot the ball more. Lots of downside. Rockets last few years is what you get when you don't have a actual distributor... ugh
If we are bad, we are bad. I would rather be good, but I dont think Monte MOrris is changing all that much.

THT is a fine distributor. He doesnt always make the best choices, but he's an incredibly talented passer who can hit tight windows and makes quick reads.

Sexton is a fine drive and kick PG.

Dunn is a solid overall decision maker.

Clarkson is a developing playmaker who gets better every year.

I dont think PG is a huge issue. The bigger issue is just incorporating Collins in the starting lineup, and I think it will work itself out. I'm not too worried abut the team currently.

Killian Hayes - I use to really like Hayes but that guy can't dribble to his right at all. His shooting is atrocious. I would rather have THT banking in 3s than Hayes even thinking of shooting.

Killian Hayes - I use to really like Hayes but that guy can't dribble to his right at all. His shooting is atrocious. I would rather have THT banking in 3s than Hayes even thinking of shooting.
Hayes issue is he has no confidence in himself and he's a pretty terrible athlete (at least offensively, does have quick feet on defense, but he cant jump to save his life or get seperation). He can probably be a decent backup one day, but I wouldnt invest resources into getting him there. He's one of those players who is going to rack up assist because he simply cant score, so he's always in pass mode.

Meh, Key will be our starting PG by the end of the year and every little thing is gonna be alright.

Monte Morris is underrated. We kind of need that steady vet to integrate into this group. Killian Hayes had a good game but I need more to believe. The rest aren’t available… should have moved up for Thompson… Cade is off the table.

If they are selling Morris on the cheap I’m in.

Monte Morris is underrated. We kind of need that steady vet to integrate into this group. Killian Hayes had a good game but I need more to believe. The rest aren’t available… should have moved up for Thompson… Cade is off the table.

If they are selling Morris on the cheap I’m in.
What does cheap entail to you?

What does cheap entail to you?
Theoretically... a non-useful expiring contract and a second... so Rudy Gay and a second. Actually... it would have to be THT straight up or some three team iteration. That is likely a "hell no" from you... I'm not so moved by it that I'd want to make a big argument and it doesn't really make sense.

If there was a way to add Tyus Jones or Morris to some of our stable of guards I think it would be good. I don't see anything that makes sense so this may be something we would do in the summer in FA after seeing what we have already.

I think I'd also be open to some sort of three team deal with Sexton where we brought in Morris. I love Collin... we just have too much of the same type of player. Morris is just really efficient, doesn't make mistakes, okay enough defender... those type of guys are just good supporting players that allow your best players to be their best.

They are really boring and completely unsexy doe.

I think I'd also be open to some sort of three team deal with Sexton where we brought in Morris. I love Collin... we just have too much of the same type of player. Morris is just really efficient, doesn't make mistakes, okay enough defender... those type of guys are just good supporting players that allow your best players to be their best.

They are really boring and completely unsexy doe.
I'm just not into unsexy. I wouldn't even want to deal Sexton for Morris/Jones at this time, unless there are picks attached.

I'm just not into unsexy. I wouldn't even want to deal Sexton for Morris/Jones at this time, unless there are picks attached.

Winning is the sexiest of things doe... and they would help with that.
Honestly though... unless Dunn got hurt I wouldn't bring one of these guys in... If we need a more normal option I just go with playing Dunn more for now.

What we need is to trade Sexton and THT for playmaker X... or something like that. We will need to do some consolidation at some point but maybe injuries will hit and the duplication we have is fine.

Winning is the sexiest of things doe... and they would help with that.
I'm not sure they would. I don't think adding a meat and potatoes game manager does much to fix our potential (because at this point we still have no actual evidence) issues. Just let Sexton/THT/Keyonte/Dunn cook.