What's new

Getting into TMZ territory here but doesn't it seem like there is a disconnect between Donovan

Beer

and pretty much everyone else on the team? He's obviously going 1 on 1 non stop but now no one seems to go anywhere near him. No high 5's, no congrats, just Don doing his thing and everyone else just existing on the court.

No, just no. This is a symptom of poor play and losses. There is bound to be contention and Don simply is trying to do too much. A couple of practice sessions and someone, anyone, stepping up and calling the team out on their **** and things will improve.

Yes just yes, he wants to be an all star, make his brand, sell sneakers and get his shots. If the Jazz win as well I’m sure he’s happy and that’s a bonus.

Can we please for the love of **** stop trying to create drama within this team? Losing games is bad enough.

Sone players have the attitude of not caring if they score a point as long as the team wins, then there are others who make sure they get their shots. You judge who is who!

On a fan site deans rules. I personally calls em as I sees em. Seems more Jazz teammates may be starting to agree.

James_Dean_in_Rebel_Without_a_Cause.jpg

No, just no. This is a symptom of poor play and losses. There is bound to be contention and Don simply is trying to do too much. A couple of practice sessions and someone, anyone, stepping up and calling the team out on their **** and things will improve.
I think that is probably true. I wouldn't believe the idea that anyone coming to play here, was unaware of what role Donovan would have. Or even how he would plays. He's our number one option. Plus he usually seems to have a good attitude towards others. However, to think there isn't at least some degree of a chemistry issue might be a little naive. We obviously have some guys that aren't clicking with each other.

I think there could be some truth to this.
Something isn't right. I've never really seen DM and Rudy to be as chummy as they are with other teammates. I've always seen little discussion between them on the court that seemed to be healthy disagreements... It has gotten less healthy imo recently. Tony Jones, David Locke have both thrown out shaq kobe type items when discussing the dynamic... Locke mentioned a team building activity that did not go well on the road...

It could be simple as they see things differently and aren't besties and it is completely workable. It could be more... its fair to ask at this point.

If there's truth to this, then this is pretty much 100% on Quin. As far as I can tell, he has done nothing but encourage Donovan to chuck.

If there's truth to this, then this is pretty much 100% on Quin. As far as I can tell, he has done nothing but encourage Donovan to chuck.

Any way you cut it Quin gets a good chunk of the blame pie... either not managing the personalities or offensive design flaws or not holding guys accountable. I think if Joe and Mike were at their career averages then some of this goes away... so they get some blame. I think DM is not as dialed into the game plan as he needs to be so there is some blame there... but yeah Quin gets a lot of this smoke.

Realistically, the Jazz's losing streak and seemingly disconnected behavior on the court has coincided with Dante's return.

Therefore, I too must blame Exum.
If we are last year's Celtics then he is Hayward? The guy returning that is getting playing time and opportunities over others more deserving.

Something isn't right. I've never really seen DM and Rudy to be as chummy as they are with other teammates. I've always seen little discussion between them on the court that seemed to be healthy disagreements... It has gotten less healthy imo recently. Tony Jones, David Locke have both thrown out shaq kobe type items when discussing the dynamic... Locke mentioned a team building activity that did not go well on the road...

It could be simple as they see things differently and aren't besties and it is completely workable. It could be more... its fair to ask at this point.

This. It’s always felt blatanty obvious to me over the years. Maybe Rudy resents Donnie a little because of his need to brand himself and be out there. Maybe Donnie knows that.