What's new

Give love to Rodney and Alec tonight - game thread Cavs at Jazz 7 pm 18 Jan 2019

We'll get a really good idea of just how sustainable/legit this starting lineup and the Crowder closing lineup is in the next few games. Blazers/Nuggets/Wolves twice, should be fun.

He got cheered... and a hug from fish

Well that is a career night. I'm glad to hear he was cheered. I figured he would be - I'm hoping it was a nice moment for him. Burks deserves it and I feel like he's due a 30-point game with the Cavs.

Going to a game is a rare and special event for me. I had a great time tonight sitting in a new spot of the arena.

Here is what I noticed...

Royce not only had a great stat line he was the leader on the floor many periods of time.

Everyone wants Grayson to make it....im not sure he will ever be better than a 10th roster spot. His 3pt shot seemed everywhere first left, then right, then long. He gets cut off on drives and struggles to complete passes. If he isnt a knock down 3pt shooter Im not sure what his NBA skill is.

Rudy Goberts domination extends far beyond his stat line. Cavs couldnt do anything on offense when he was in. When he went out of the game Cavs attacked Favors/Udoh with the same players but were succesful.

It felt to me like Crowder and Ingles carried their theatrical roles too far. Wish they'd both concentrate more on game less on personal battles.

was good to watch Mitchel draw fouls. He ought to do it more.

Maybe Jazz were bored tonight , maybe it was the awkwardness of Burks and Hood coming back, but they didnt appear enerergized like i expected for a team in a 5 game win streak.

The upperbowl is an interesting crowd. One group behind me was identifing plays and taljing about the details of Tyler Cavanaughs contract. On the other hand Another group was watching for Tony Bradley because he was tall, then realizing the program said Rudy Gobert was taller they wondered iif Rudy would play (Rudy had 14 and 10 at the time).

I Love the Jazz and going to games is a treat but it is too expensive . After tickets and transfer fees and stadium fees and convenience fees and parking....maybe when Im retired they'll let me be an usher.

Last edited:
Going to a game is a rare and special event for me. I had a great time tonight sitting in a new spot of the arena.

Here is what I noticed...

Royce not only had a great stat line he was the leader on the floor many periods of time.

Everyone wants Grayson to make it....im not sure he will ever be better than a 10th roster spot. His 3pt shot seemed everywhere first left, then right, then long. He gets cut off on drives and struggles to complete passes. If he isnt a knock down 3pt shooter Im not sure what his NBA skill is.

Rudy Goberts domination extends far beyond his stat line. Cavs couldnt do anything on offense when he was in. When he went out of the game Cavs attacked Favors/Udoh with the same players but were succesful.

It felt to me like Crowder and Ingles carried their theatrical roles too far. Wish they'd both concentrate more on game less on personal battles.

was good to watch Mitchel draw fouls. He ought to do it more.

Maybe Jazz were bored tonight , maybe it was the awkwardness of Burks and Hood coming back, but they didnt appear enerergized like i expected for a team in a 5 game win streak.

The upperbowl is an interesting crowd. One group behind me was identifing plays and taljing about the details of Tyler Cavanaughs contract. On the other hand Another group was watching for Tony Bradley because he was tall, then realizing the program said Rudy Gobert was taller they wondered iif Rudy would play (Rudy had 14 and 10 at the time).

I Love the Jazz and going to games is a treat but it is too expensive . After tickets and transfer fees and stadium fees and convenience fees and parking....maybe when Im retired they'll let me be an usher.
Grayson is definitely in the "Trey Lyles" zone. If he shoots well then everything opens up. If not then he's just another guy who can do a bit of everything but none of it at an elite level. The tools are definitely there. He just gotta improve his shot.

Royce not hesitating on the three point shot and looking more comfortable with the ball in his hands... great to see.

Games this week are super important. Love to keep the momentum and see more DM at pg against better quality opponents.

So do you think Quin was mad about the 4th quarter? This is the same coach who called a TO with the Jazz up by 30, just because they had given up a couple of baskets in a row.

This... all of this... stay classy slc.

Glad this thread started... was thinking this today... if we boo these guys imma be pissed. Give them a standing O...
Classy of the Jazz to put up a video tribute between quarters. I know there may have been some sour grapes from Hood his last year, but he was still a decent guy; he just didn't have quite what it takes as a #1 option.

Why are you up at 5 in the morning on a saturday? You have to work too?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I'm on Central Time, but I have the "wake up at 5:45am no matter what" curse. I have already watched almost all of this Wolves/Leicester City match and threw a ham in the oven.

What you doing up? Oh wait, just saw you gotta work.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Gobert was 9-10 from the free throw line last game iirc and was 3-3 last night. He is looking it lately. Led the team in plus minus again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app