What's new

Go get Baynes

I wouldn’t consider Davis and two seconds an overpay. I’d even throw another minor asset in there to get it done and still consider it not an overpay.

Oh that isn't an overpay for Baynes at all. I think Ed is not someone that has positive value so an expiring is great... seconds are funny money... make it 2/3... 4 if need be. I think they'd want more. They are firmly in the race for 8 and I think they want to keep all the win now guys. Might even cash in assets to add some other rotation players...

Oh that isn't an overpay for Baynes at all. I think Ed is not someone that has positive value so an expiring is great... seconds are funny money... make it 2/3... 4 if need be. I think they'd want more. They are firmly in the race for 8 and I think they want to keep all the win now guys. Might even cash in assets to add some other rotation players...
I guess PHX might be crazy enough to think this way. I still think the jig is up. Definitely fully up by the end of Jan.

I guess PHX might be crazy enough to think this way. I still think the jig is up. Definitely fully up by the end of Jan.
It might be... but I don't think Portland and San Antonio are running away from anyone right now... if one could rattle off 7-3 or 8-2 then maybe. I think Phoenix is healthy now... Portland seems to only be getting more unhealthy. I think as long as they are within 5 games of the playoffs they will try and make it.

James Jones is in win now mode... I don't see him valuing picks all that much when he's trying to keep his job.

It might be... but I don't think Portland and San Antonio are running away from anyone right now... if one could rattle off 7-3 or 8-2 then maybe. I think Phoenix is healthy now... Portland seems to only be getting more unhealthy. I think as long as they are within 5 games of the playoffs they will try and make it.

James Jones is in win now mode... I don't see him valuing picks all that much when he's trying to keep his job.
He has to be...Carver has a quick hook. And that 8th seed is clearly attainable.

Well at least they don’t have any first rounders they can offer.

They should go hard after Baynes and cut Harrell. We can pick him up off waivers.

I’m just talking out of my ***. I’m assuming they give Zubac’s minutes to Baynes?

Do they even really need Baynes? Harrel is doing very well and has good chemistry with Lou Williams. It seems to me like a lateral move for them. For us either of Baynes or Harrell would be a huge upgrade.

Do they even really need Baynes? Harrel is doing very well and has good chemistry with Lou Williams. It seems to me like a lateral move for them. For us either of Baynes or Harrell would be a huge upgrade.
Yeah, I don’t know what their plan would be. I’m not sure who they’d trade, but we could use a lot of their guys. Hopefully Phoenix would just waive them.

I can't embed the tweet on my phone, but this just came up on my feed from Ben Dowsett:

Jazz trade target mentioned by @Tjonesonthenba and @FredKatz on their latest pod who really intrigues me: Aron Baynes

Huge backup C upgrade, adds even more spacing. 1-year deal that matches Davis’s salary. Wonder what else it would take to get him. Would Phoenix sell?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using JazzFanz mobile app

EDIT: Actual tweet embedded a few posts down.

Last edited: