What's new

Gobert -- felt like a Deron situation

franklin

Going into this game there were so many posters here predicting huge contributions and success. But it wasn't like everyone was reaching and hoping Gobert would show up. Dude is getting showered with love right now by national commentators. It's a refreshing change knowing you finally have something special.

Going into this game there were so many posters here predicting huge contributions and success. But it wasn't like everyone was reaching and hoping Gobert would show up. Dude is getting showered with love right now by national commentators. It's a refreshing change knowing you finally have something special.

The cream rises to the top. This is all pretty simple. Gobert is just really good.

There are certain young guys you watch in all-star games or on occasion during the regular season and you just think - damn, I wish we would have drafted him! People all over the country are saying that about Rudy tonight. All over the country, except in Utah anyway.

Meanwhile Kanter is somewhere in Chicago blaming Dennis Lindsey, Quin Snyder, a martian, Barney the Dinosaur, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and his injuries for the reason the national media isn't talking about his Greatest Since Jordan play.

Meanwhile Kanter is somewhere in Chicago blaming Dennis Lindsey, Quin Snyder, a martian, Barney the Dinosaur, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and his injuries for the reason the national media isn't talking about his Greatest Since Jordan play.

Philadelphia, PA

I'm taking this bandwagon off the edge.

Arms and legs inside the wagon!!

The twenty-seventh pick.

Blows my mind.

Yep, he looked more solid than Zeller, Noel, Dieng and Plumlee. If he bulks up a bit, we may have a taller, longer version of Alonzo Mourning on our hands. He needs to develop a hook shot with either hand and beast his way to the rim.

Yep, he looked more solid than Zeller, Noel, Dieng and Plumlee. If he bulks up a bit, we may have a taller, longer version of Alonzo Mourning on our hands. He needs to develop a hook shot with either hand and beast his way to the rim.

He has a long way to go before reaching Zo level. He averaged 20 PPG (or just under) for 8 seasons in a row.

It's easy when you have talent to try and compare them to someone else. I hope that we have a guy on our hands that you can't compare. The leagues first ever Rudy Gobert.

I think Rudy could me more of a Dikembe Mutombo type IMHO

Normally I would say that there could not be anyone that could become a D. Mutombo type player. And I am not saying Gobert is that guy, but I will keep my fingers crossed. Never say never. I just hope that if he is, the Jazz don't mess it up.